No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 people killed, other shot by a suspect with a 'long gun' overnight in Kenosha. Very little explanation as to what happened but at first glance it appears to be protesters/rioters shot by a self-appointed 'militia' person.

There's extremely gruesome video circulating of the person with the arm wound. Would discourage people from watching it. I regret having seen it.

Comment

• Note that DSL harbors more animosity for the citizens with guns trying to stop rioters than he does for the rioters themselves. A violent goon getting shot by somebody defending themselves offends him more than a complete innocent being dragged from his car in Portland and getting beaten to within an inch of his life.

Modern Liberalism really is a mental disorder.
      Last edited by Hannibal; August 26, 2020, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• The best angle of the incident is at 1:31.

Watch the man with the rifle defending himself from about a half dozen violent goons who are attacking him while he is on the ground. I highly encourage you all to watch this.

As you watch the video, ponder the fact that Liberals like DSL think that the guy on the ground is the bad guy, and the violent destructive goons attacking him are the good guys. DSL's first instinct is to blame the guy on the ground with the gun for being a self-appointed militia, rather than to blame the violent lawless goons that he is trying to stop since the cops clearly aren't trying.

Modern Liberalism is a mental disorder.
        Last edited by Hannibal; August 26, 2020, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• I had to chuckle ....... Miami Dade Police used good ol' detective work to identify the location of a party featuring alcohol to anyone that wanted it, strippers, a DJ and dancing. Instagram was the source of theintel. They staked the place out, watched the organizers set up in a warehouse bringing in boxes of alcohol, stripper poles and sound equipment then saw dozens of people lined up to enter. After about an hour watching money being paid to enter, they raided the place and found about 100 people inside, some of them minors, no one was masked. Then found a dozen women in a dressing room preparing for a show. They told police they were just there to dance and hadn't gotten paid yet. Hah.

Gotcha ........this is the norm for violators of masking, distancing and no group gatherings greater than 10 I think it is now in Miami-Dade. That's a bit scary, actually, it is still funny though.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• 2 people killed, other shot by a suspect with a 'long gun' overnight in Kenosha. Very little explanation as to what happened but at first glance it appears to be protesters/rioters shot by a self-appointed 'militia' person.
            If this country doesn't watch out, reports like this are going to be multiplied by X10,000. People in rural America aren't going to stand idly by, and watch their homes and communities destroyed by lawless thugs.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
              I had to chuckle ....... Miami Dade Police used good ol' detective work to identify the location of a party featuring alcohol to anyone that wanted it, strippers, a DJ and dancing. Instagram was the source of theintel. They staked the place out, watched the organizers set up in a warehouse bringing in boxes of alcohol, stripper poles and sound equipment then saw dozens of people lined up to enter. After about an hour watching money being paid to enter, they raided the place and found about 100 people inside, some of them minors, no one was masked. Then found a dozen women in a dressing room preparing for a show. They told police they were just there to dance and hadn't gotten paid yet. Hah.

Gotcha ........this is the norm for violators of masking, distancing and no group gatherings greater than 10 I think it is now in Miami-Dade. That's a bit scary, actually, it is still funny though.
              Now that all of the country's serial killers, drug dealers, and terrorists have been caught, law enforcement resources can be freed up to focus on what really matters.

Comment

• This is troubling to me. The US has changed its employment rules for those seeking asylum. Previously, an asylum seeker could receive authorization from the US gov't within 180 days. New rules state asylum seekers must wait 365 before applying. And approval becomes discretionary. So let me get this straight. Some Afgan acting as an interpreter for the Army can come seek asylum (since the nation is reverting to Taliban control) can't work for the first year, do everything by the book and in good faith and can have his employment authorization arbitrarily rejected by some faceless bureaucrat. If that causes your family to starve in the meantime, the DHS suggests you investigate homeless services in the state you intend to reside in. But we're really happy you risked your life to help us. Hope you have enough cash to support the fam at US rates for at least one year, maybe 7.

Appears to be a rather soulless and callous way of shifting a federal financial burden to the states. As a cover for the continued construction of an anti-immigrant Fortress America.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...190342712.html

All in all, its just another brick in the wall.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  Note that DSL harbors more animosity for the citizens with guns trying to stop rioters than he does for the rioters themselves. A violent goon getting shot by somebody defending themselves offends him more than a complete innocent being dragged from his car in Portland and getting beaten to within an inch of his life.

Your portrayal of these people is always "innocent man walking down the street minding his own business gets set upon by violent leftist goons and defends himself"

In reality it's more like "rightwing scum arms himself and then heads to a protest and begins picking fights and barking out orders to a mob, shoots somebody, and then shoots more as the crowd attacks him."
                  Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; August 26, 2020, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• That video is highly disturbing. Serious question, Hanni, who do you think the goon's that you are referring to are? Do they represent a cause? If so, what cause?

The FBI is involved and will likely make a determination but my bet is that the burners and looters don't represent anything BLM might stand for or any legitimate cause IMO. They are provocateurs and anarchist with other various flavors of them having anti-American, Anti Government views. They are committed. They know how to incite an otherwise non-violent crowd to follow. They are domestic terrorists and good at what they do. They have external support.

Right now, the nation is ripe for these groups to get a foothold. They've already done so in Portland, Seattle, Chicago. I think it is a huge threat to domestic tranquility and is a federal matter, not a police matter. The worst part about that is doing what is necessary to contain and disrupt it, if that sort of thing is effective, is going to put Trump back in the WH for another 4 years.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• In reality it's more like "rightwing scum arms himself and then heads to a protest and begins picking fights and barking out orders to a mob, shoots somebody, and then shoots more as the crowd attacks him."
                      If you're starting fires, attacking people in cars, blocking streets, and challenging the cops to a fight, you are not peacefully protesting. Dr. Martin Luther King wrote the book about peaceful protests, and what is going on today doesn't resemble anything that he did.

Of course, only "righwing scum" believe in defending themselves and their property.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Your portrayal of these people is always "innocent man walking down the street minding his own business gets set upon by violent leftist goons and defends himself"

In reality it's more like "rightwing scum arms himself and then heads to a protest and begins picking fights and barking out orders to a mob, shoots somebody, and then shoots more as the crowd attacks him."
                        Note that DSL harbors more animosty towards the people defending a city from rioters than from the rioters themselves. Not one single time has DSL expressed any displeasure at the people burning down Kenosha, WI. They are the true heroes. The citizens defending the city with guns are just dumb rednecks who have watched too many John Wayne movies. I'm not exaggerating here. This is what Liberals honestly think.

DSL also has no problems with vigilantes meting out vigilante justice when it is 8 Communists ganging up on a Right Winger. All other forms of vigilante justice are verboten though.

The guys attacking the armed man while he is on the ground are just courageous humanitarians protecting their fellow man, and not drooling violent morons who don't expect to finally face the consequences of their violent antisocial behavior. LMAO

You can't make this stuff up.

Liberalism really is a mental disorder.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; August 26, 2020, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

If you're starting fires, attacking people in cars, blocking streets, and challenging the cops to a fight, you are not peacefully protesting. Dr. Martin Luther King wrote the book about peaceful protests, and what is going on today doesn't resemble anything that he did.

Of course, only "righwing scum" believe in defending themselves and their property.
                          He wasn't there defending himself or his property. He appointed himself a vigilante.

I don't know all the facts yet about how the conflict was started. Supposedly he shot one person at a gas station then took off running. Fell to the ground at some point and shot a few more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Note that DSL harbors more animosty towards the people defending a city from rioters than from the rioters themselves. Not one single time has DSL expressed any displeasure at the people burning down Kenosha, WI. They are the heroes. The citizens defending the city with guns are just dumb rednecks who have watched too many John Wayne movies. I'm not exaggerating here. This is what Liberals honestly think.

The people burning down car dealerships are just passive bystanders.

The guys attacking the armed man while he is on the ground are just courageous humanitarians protecting their fellow man, and not drooling violent morons who don't expect to finally face the consequences of their violent antisocial behavior. LMAO

You can't make this stuff up.

Liberalism really is a mental disorder.
                            The vigilante society you angrily lust for is more a danger to everyone's security than some anarchists chucking rocks and fire at a car dealership.

Comment

• DSL, I get what you’re saying, but the anarchists are carrying weapons now, too, and absent police, the security and well-being of a neighborhood (and society as a whole) falls on its citizens.

I won’t let my neighbors’ houses and businesses be burned down if police are unable or unwilling to respond. I just won’t. If that makes me a vigilante, I can live with it.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

The vigilante society you angrily lust for is more a danger to everyone's security than some anarchists chucking rocks and fire at a car dealership.
                                When angry violent goons set half a city on fire, it's not a problem

The real problem is if the citizens of the city take up arms to defend themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X