No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump says he's leaving the hospital at 6:30 tonight. Advises people to not be afraid of covid and don't let it dominate your life! Says he feels better now than he did 20 years ago

Comment

• The White House and Trump's doctors have been repeatedly asked for 4 days when Trump last tested negative for covid. They have refused to provide that information every single time.

Why would they feel the need to conceal that? Seems like there's a good chance there's bad PR coming for the President if the press ever figures it out. If he took a test right before the debate and it turned out fine, why would you not just say that?

My hunch, and I have nothing to go on but Trump's personality, is Trump objected to being tested daily a while ago and they simply haven't been giving him tests with any frequency. "Why should I have to? I'll be fine if everyone else takes them. I'll take one if I feel sick". I can very much see Trump demanding that and getting it. Just like he probably demanded to get the "kitchen sink" treatment at the hospital so he could leave ASAP.

Comment

• Advises people to not be afraid of covid and don't let it dominate your life!
        Apparently getting Covid has made PDJT wise or at least able to get something right. EFZ. Don't be a fucking pussy.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Apparently getting Covid has made PDJT wise or at least able to get something right. EFZ. Don't be a fucking pussy.
          I can agree on the don't let it dominate your life part.

Agree to disagree on being afraid or at least cautious of it.

personally love the "you'll feel 20 years younger" Trump guarantee

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Trump says he's leaving the hospital at 6:30 tonight. Advises people to not be afraid of covid and don't let it dominate your life! Says he feels better now than he did 20 years ago
            How dare he be positive and upbeat about his fight with Covid? How dare he encourage people who are also fighting the virus? He can't do that!!!
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

The Legislature will not be to the right for very long. The Dems got their ballot initiative passed in the last election, which will allow them to re-gerrymander the voting districts back to the way they were in the 60's and 70's when they dominated Michigan politics. That new "advisory council" that will set up the new districts will be all Democrats.
              Jesus. you need to put down whatever you are interjecting in your veins.

It is 4 Dems, 4 Republicans and 5 indies/reps from minor parties. By LAW there has to be 4 republicans in there.
              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• It is 4 Dems, 4 Republicans and 5 indies/reps from minor parties. By LAW there has to be 4 republicans in there.
                You need to stop the intravenous drugs if you think that there will be "5 indies from minor parties" on that board. I guarantee that a minimum of 3 of those "indies" will be Democrats, if not all of them. Did you happen to see how those folks are chosen?

Nobody ever accused the Dems of not being smart. They got that initiative passed just the way they wanted it. The initiative is massively slanted toward eliminating as many Republican districts as possible, especially in SE Michigan.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Yeah, Tlaib is in a safe district just like Pelosi is. No matter what she does, she has a lifetime job, or at least as long as she wants it. Her district is about 80% islamic, and she's a 'palestinian', so she's not going anywhere. Even Conyers would have had a hard time beating her now. Her district is an example of what lies ahead here in Michigan once the Democrats are allowed to re-gerrymander the districts back to their advantage.
                  Tlaib (like Conyers before her) does a lot for the district. As soon as she got into office she sits up a lot of places where the people in her district can get in contact with her with their concerns. That goes a long way to getting reelected and is pretty old school.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Trump says he's leaving the hospital at 6:30 tonight. Advises people to not be afraid of covid and don't let it dominate your life! Says he feels better now than he did 20 years ago
                    He's high on getting all pumped up on Dexamthasone. Better than Ritalin and they probably discontinued that as it will raise BP ..... one of the benefits steroids: ENERGY.

And he's right about COVID not dominating your life. Hard to not let it do that thanks to the mind-numbing stream of "dire consequences" from the news sources. But then you knew I'd say that. Heh.

I may have moved the needle for some of you here but I doubt it's much ...... except for talent who is totally in my camp now becasue of ME!. Don't know if that is a good or a bad thing. Wait ...... fuck osu.

I got practice here dispelling the media lies and spreading COVID truths. Everyone here knows my lines so, not as much fun anymore.

I've now been hanging out at a cruise line blog that seems to keep up with happenings there that have to do with rescinding the No- Sail-Order that was imposed on the CDC's recommendations in March. It was at the same time the government was shutting down boarders and airports - probably a good move at the time. That was when outbreaks were happening on cruise ships stranding passengers and crew and creating a huge mess that the press just ate up.

It was a mess but not as bad as the "dire consequences" the media made it out to be. But that impression has made it politically hard to allow cruise lines to restart cruising despite the fact each one of them bleeds millions every day without any revenue coming in. Besides that, cruising is underway in Europe and Vegas is open and, much to the dismay of news people, the whole town isn't infected with COVID and on ventilators.

As well the cruise lines have developed and provided a Safe-To-Sail plan to the CDC that the CDC ignored when they initially announced last week the No-Sail-Order was being extended through February, 2021 ...... until Pence jumped in and said, "not so fast, I'll give you a month to tell my why they can't restart using the protocols they submitted to you to safely restart." It will expire October 31st if Pence isn't convinced the PH benefits out weight the catastrophic economic costs being imposed on the travel industry and cruise lines specifically. He's to hold a meeting with interested PH officials and cruise industries execs. It was supposed to happen last Friday but Trump having COVID, screwed that up and it got postponed.

So, there are a lot of posters over there who I'm working on who think that, yeah, keep those fucking cruise ships shut town because, you know, they are hot-beds of virus spread. It is certainly arguable that they are ....... but only if one isn't well informed of the Safe-To-Sail plans of the cruise industry and the COVID facts or misuses of what information is available. There are some who post I demand zero risk before I'll cruise again. Others who state that they unequivocally believe 200K deaths in the US are too high a price to pay to restart what COULD BE a dangerous operation. This position I will tell them ignores that 100s of thousands, probably millions of people who work in the cruise industry or the supply chain that supports it and related travel industries are UNEMPLOYED. That doesn't often work and I am labeled unempathetic.

It's fertile ground for me to spread the truth and insist that risk/cost/benefits calculations start to enter in to the mitigation measures officials are implementing. It seems to be working as I get a ton of "likes" in my posts.
                    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 5, 2020, 03:35 PM.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• THANK GOD FOR THE MEDIA!

Without them we'd have only Trump to rely on for all our information. And he's hopped up something fierce on Dr. Feelgood's prized elixir right now

Hopefully the entire cruise industry goes belly up. Miserable things, those cruise ships. Forget the pandemic, I wouldn't be caught dead on one in the best of times. Trapped in a confined space with gobs of filthy brats and their bloated, sun-burned parents chasing them around on vomit-splattered decks, with nothing to pass the next miserable 8 days but an "Earth Wind & Fire" cover band and eating oneself into a stupor with Ponderosa-quality food.

Comment

You need to stop the intravenous drugs if you think that there will be "5 indies from minor parties" on that board. I guarantee that a minimum of 3 of those "indies" will be Democrats, if not all of them. Did you happen to see how those folks are chosen?

Nobody ever accused the Dems of not being smart. They got that initiative passed just the way they wanted it. The initiative is massively slanted toward eliminating as many Republican districts as possible, especially in SE Michigan.
                        Well you can look up the people serving on the commission via the SOS online site. There are 3 from SE Michigan, one from Saginaw and one from Interlochen. Are you bitching about where they reside which you think leans one way or another?

Comment

• Market breeched the 28000 mark again closing up 465 points at 28149. This on Trump's supposed quick recovery and the likelihood that a stimulus package of some sort is going to pass. Pelosi told the airlines to hold off on lay-offs, help is on the way. Apparently, they have .

I think it is pretty clear he's had the virus for at least 10d from today. That puts the date he was exposed/infected around Friday, September 25th or maybe a couple of days after that. Given the typical course of the disease, he would have been most infectious from the 28th to October 2nd, the day he was declared to have tested positive.

We don't know the testing protocols for the President himself. I doubt he was tested if he was an asymptomatic spreader and only got tested when he told his Docs he didn't feel too hot ..... and he's going to be the type we call a stoic: he's not going to be truthful about his ailments or symptoms but instead will down-play them.

But, I can reasonably argue, Trump wasn't a super spreader. He was more likely infected and through close contact, spreading it to the 7 or so folks who interacted with him and ended up testing positive. So, let's drop that hysteria.

I think it's great he got better quickly and not unexpectedly to me given the excellent care he received. Lots of people are just like that anyway. Have you heard about the 100 yo folks who had mild symptoms? They're out there. Still, I think he probably developed concerning symptoms early on involving CT evidence of lung consolidation that matched his low O2 sats. That prompted aggressive treatment to include dexamethasone.

There was a paper published by a doc in Texas in June who claimed he had singlehandedly prevented the deaths of 100s of at risk Texans by administering budesonide, an inhaled steroid used to treat chronic asthma and prevent or control acute attacks. He was roundly criticized by his professional colleagues and he was sort of an attention getter but, I thought his approach made sense. Around that time I told a friend of mine who was COVID symptomatic awaiting test results to ask his doctor for budesonide. He got it and it helped reduce his shortness of breath symptoms. Turned out he was COVID negative but still. The stuff works.
                          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• It's a little blurry and I dunno...but does seem to be in some discomfort or pain in the second clip

Comment

• Rudy Giuliani was just on Fox. Looked tired, seemed short of breath, and had an ugly cough throughout the interview. He says he's still awaiting test results. He's one of the only ones on Trump's debate prep team to have not reported positive yet.

Comment

Rudy Giuliani was just on Fox. Looked tired, seemed short of breath, and had an ugly cough throughout the interview. He says he's still awaiting test results. He's one of the only ones on Trump's debate prep team to have not reported positive yet.
                                That is his normal state
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X