No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your usual bad mood, Hanni? We need CGVT and Froot to speak up in defense of Chairman Joe's first day in the Oval Office signing his edicts. It starts around 1pm.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• On the Keystone deal .....

The Canucks are pushing back.

Joe Biden risks a rocky start to US/Canada relations for his administration with his planned cancellation of a crucial federal permit for the Keystone XL pipeline.
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        On the Keystone deal .....

The Canucks are pushing back.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbl...h=79c4fc366566
        It won't matter. Canada's PM is fully on board with the Green New Deal type stuff. They are going full California WRT greenhouse gases. They can take it to the courts, but the courts won't help.

As usual, the Democrats satisfy their base no matter how loony and extreme it is. The Republicans take a gigantic shit on their base no matter how mainstream and common sense it is.
        Last edited by Hannibal; January 20, 2021, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Among the actions taken immediately by Chairman Joe:

(1) Stop Keystone to kill thousands of union jobs in order to virtue signal to his green professional allies
          (2) Revoke the 1776 commission to stop pushback against the 1619 Project and it's ahistorical lies
          (3) Require every Federal govt program evaluate their programs in terms of "racial equity"
          (4) Require that non-citizens be counted in the census for Congressional apportionment
          (5) Rejoin the WHO and, of course, The Paris Treaty

We're off and running. I appreciate that Chairman Joe dispensed w/ any centrist notions right out of the gate. Rather honest of him.
          Which of these are contrary to Biden's campaign positions? I'd have to go back and find an example but I'm pretty sure he openly advocated rejoining the Paris Accords, for example.

Isn't #4, at minimum, open to constitutional debate? With the preponderance of the evidence being that non-citizens have always been counted in the census? The 14th Amendment just says "persons", not "citizens", even though it uses the term citizen later in the same clause when referencing the right to vote.

Comment

• In COVID news, Ron Desantis has cut a deal with Publix, a ubiquitous grocer in FL, to administer vaccines. Its a great idea. 1.5m seniors in FL live within 1.5 miles of a Publix. Registration opened this morning and ended about 2h later.

UPDATE: Publix has wrapped up today’s vaccine registrations through its website, but seniors can try again Friday, when another sign-up will be offered.

More than a quarter-of-a-million people tried to access the Publix website Wednesday morning for one of a few spots for the COVID-19 vaccine. Publix officials said 24,402 appointments were gone in less than two hours.

Comment

• Publix is a great chain. We have them here.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Better there than Food Lion

Comment

• Not only DSL is happy today:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                    In COVID news, Ron Desantis has cut a deal with Publix, a ubiquitous grocer in FL, to administer vaccines. Its a great idea. 1.5m seniors in FL live within 1.5 miles of a Publix. Registration opened this morning and ended about 2h later.

UPDATE: Publix has wrapped up today’s vaccine registrations through its website, but seniors can try again Friday, when another sign-up will be offered.

More than a quarter-of-a-million people tried to access the Publix website Wednesday morning for one of a few spots for the COVID-19 vaccine. Publix officials said 24,402 appointments were gone in less than two hours.
                    I'm liking what I see out of DeSantis so far. I guess we'll see what happens. A couple of other promising Republican governors turned out to be duds

Comment

• Yeah, DeSantis both (a) is good and (b) enrages The Left.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The truth is that Xi will still be facing long standing US congressional enmity and a WTO that is not particularly aligned with their cheating brand of global trade.

Something I haven't heard about or paid attention to is Biden's stand with the WTO, dialogue with China over trade and global trade policy in general. I don't think it is going to be aligned with radical progressivism as badly as it looks like his climate stand will be. I haven't read all of this yet, it's comprehensive. I scanned issue related to China. This is a weekend morning cup of coffee read.

Comment

• The funny thing, of course, is that China is the leading bad guy when it comes to climate change. It's really not even close at this point. There are so many reasons to despire China, but PDJT hated China so The Left really can't get itself there.

Comment

• The woke left wouldn't think of challenging China on anything. Hong Kong and Taiwan could fall tomorrow, and KamalaJoe wouldn't bat a fake eyelash.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It's a small thing but Lady Gaga's rendition of the national anthem today....pretty good

Comment

• I wonder how many people were kneeling.

Comment

Working...
                                X