No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know Buchanan, you have had stretches of posts from the continent for what seems like months.

Comment

• No one is willing to step up and offer an explanation for this but only 11 states have accelerating rates of growth of new COVID infections. This fact, in the presence of SARS-2 B1.1.1 (the proven more transmissible variant). Compare this to three months ago where only one state didn't have an accelerating growth rate. https://rt.live/

New cases are dropping precipitously in the US and in most states normalized by population. http://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

The press continues to report "alarming" numbers of reported deaths per day globally, nationally and in some states. This isn't new. What's surprising is that the good news isn't being reported by the MSM as associated with Joe Biden's ascendency to the WH. We all anticipated this. CFR is dropping or unchanged and deaths are going to decrease if the trend in new cases continues.

I believe there are two factors contributing to this reasonably good news: (1) Human behavior is changing. Anecdotally I see it. Less people are congregating in small spaces. More people are masking and distancing. Spin classes I attend are about 1/2 of what they were a couple of months ago. I think the drum beat in the news about the variants is having an impact. (2) What the virus and all viruses tend to do, they peak and ebb.

What we want to do is catch this thing in what looks to be the next ebb, keep up the masking and distancing - probably THE most effective and acceptable mitigation measures there are - get shots into arms. It's BS to set as a goal 100m shots in 100d. A good goal would be 200m or 300m. While the two current manufactures are apparently maxed out, J&J with a single dose shot is close. War Time measures to get those guys up, running and distributing. Right along with that is making sure states have what they need to deliver the shots they get or have on hand and not have to throw them away because of excuse A, B or C. Fuck that. Fix it. I see evidence that's happening albeit slowly and not fast enough for me.
      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; January 21, 2021, 09:38 PM.
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        I don't know Buchanan, you have had stretches of posts from the continent for what seems like months.
        That was before COVID. I've been tethered to a shitty existence in two homes. One in GA and one in FL. FCS, feel sorry for me. I have had 7 cruises cancelled. The good news they are all paid for just moved forward a year.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Fortunately you had HARBAUGH!!! to ease you through the fall.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Negative COVID coverage draws the clicks in the media regardless of who is in office. I can tell you right now even though the numbers are good, these hospitals are running into staffing issues. This isn't a case of normal census spike, it is long and sustained.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

That was before COVID. I've been tethered to a shitty existence in two homes. One in GA and one in FL. FCS, feel sorry for me. I have had 7 cruises cancelled. The good news they are all paid for just moved forward a year.
              It must be nice, heh.

Comment

• Jeff, for all the positive PR you’ve given the cruise industry during the pandemic they should be comping you by now.

Comment

• They should give him part ownership of the QEII. Or at least a cut of the 10% payout slot machines on board.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Did anyone glance at the clock last night at 9:21pm? It was the 21st minute of the 21st hour of the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Yeah...riveting stuff...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Chairman Joe immediately signs EO requiring masks to be worn on all Federal lands/properties. Chairman Joe immediately doesn't wear mask at inauguration celebration on federal lands. Chairman Joe immediately exemplies Progressive Technocrat "do as I say not as I do" mantra.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                          Yeah...riveting stuff...

More riveting than the recipe for your secret wings sauce - aka "Preparation G".

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Chairman Joe immediately signs EO requiring masks to be worn on all Federal lands/properties. Chairman Joe immediately doesn't wear mask at inauguration celebration on federal lands. Chairman Joe immediately exemplies Progressive Technocrat "do as I say not as I do" mantra.
                            And just for kicks,.... remember the 25,000 National Guardsmen that stood ready for the violent insurrection at Joe's inauguration festivities? They got to spend the night following on the floor at a local parking garage.

Nice touch, Joe. I'm sure the troops love you.

He probably gave them all the C-Rats they wanted....even though C-rats were eliminated after WWII....

MRE's would have cost too much ...
                            Last edited by lineygoblue; January 22, 2021, 11:14 AM.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

And just for kicks,.... remember the 25,000 National Guardsmen that stood ready for the violent insurrection at Joe's inauguration festivities? They got to spend the night following on the floor at a local parking garage.

Nice touch, Joe. I'm sure the troops love you.

He probably gave them all the C-Rats they wanted....
                              For more info on what happened see below. This had nothing to do with Biden and everything to do with the Capitol Police. All of them actually have hotel rooms, but they are on 12-hour shifts and don't have time to go back to their rooms on breaks. So they had been taking cat naps on the floors of the congressional buildings until the police asked them to relocate their break area, for whatever dumb reason.

Thousands of National Guardsmen are now allowed to return to the US Capitol after images of them sleeping in a nearby parking garage overnight sparked outrage 24 hours after the inauguration.

Comment

• And the "party of unity" has decided to carry on with their ridiculous "Impeachment Part Deux" beginning on Monday... The Party of Impeachment and "No" continues its barnstorming ways ...

lets all join hands .... coom bye yah ....

What's Covid?

What vaccines?

What economy?

What relief?

No,..no ... no ...

Its MUCH more important to impeach TRUMP....

Last edited by lineygoblue; January 22, 2021, 11:24 AM.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X