Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    All I know is...one night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble...I almost felt the devil next to me...
    The queens we use would not excite you

Comment

• Fine...then go back to your temples and massage parlors...ya freak...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
        Fine...then go back to your temples and massage parlors...ya freak...
        racist
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          One thing I don't get is that if there is absolutely zero repercussions to printing money -- or, at a minimum, we're no where close to suffering any such repercussions -- then why on earth do we need to raise taxes? It's obviously can't be a fiscal reason. So, it must be a punitive and/or social re-engineering reason. Which, I guess, fits the Progs to a tee.
          Jerome Powell is a registered Republican who was appointed by Donald Trump
          At some point, that will allow the central bank to dial back the help it has provided, though Powell said now is not that time.

Comment

• I am white. Therefore I am racist.

It's like a race horse it's in the blood.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• STFU

Comment

• So, I don't care at all that Sesame Street has introduced AA muppets -- https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...tity-thinking/ -- good on them. What's bizarre, to me, is that they are teaching kids that the color of your skin is an important part of who you are.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I remember a very wise man standing one day in Washington DC and telling us all that the content of our character was more important than our skin color. IIRC, he was a black man.

I wonder if his message would be well received today.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Jerome Powell is a registered Republican who was appointed by Donald Trump
                    I'm not particularly sure what this has to do with the point re "don't raise taxes; just print money." I rather doubt it does. But, I'll make a good faith effort here -- according to Powell, the current practice of printing money is "unsustainable" so we will need to pay for this stuff at some point so we need to raise taxes. Which, of course, means we're probably a lot closer to "the line" than you think.

Again, if we're not close the "the line" then there is no need to raise taxes. Just print, print, print.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      I remember a very wise man standing one day in Washington DC and telling us all that the content of our character was more important than our skin color. IIRC, he was a black man.

I wonder if his message would be well received today.
                      It's expressly not. Being color-blind is a recognized trait of "whiteness." Again, I wish I were making this shit up.

Comment

• Currency isn't wealth. Paper is paper. Its intrinsic value is the heat that you get from burning it or its ability to communicate when you write on it. Paper is easier to manipulate supply-wise than gold, but even gold is not immune to the phenomenon of inflation.

When you print a bunch of paper, you do one of two things. You either distribute it perfectly, in which case you have accomplished absolutely nothing besides spreading out more paper across the exact same amount of economic output. Or, you distribute it unevenly, which is what we always do. Covid-19 and the government's response might be the greatest wealth redistribution event of our country's history (tough to measure, of course). Some people lost their livelihoods completely, while some people who got to work from home kept their jobs and saw their 401Ks skyrocket.

History has proven one thing time and again -- printing paper does not produce wealth. It simply spreads more paper across the same amount of wealth.

Comment

• More systemic racism.

Later on Tuesday, Duckworth and her colleague Mazie Hirono of Hawaii told reporters that they intended to vote against any Biden “nominees who aren’t minorities.”

Instead of judging those nominees by their merits, those senators pledged to judge them by the color of their skin. If only we had a word to describe that phenomenon.

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...iden-nominees/

Now flip the script and suppose a couple Republican senators got together and announced they would only be voting in favor of white nominees and against everyone of color. There'd be rioting in the streets.

Comment

• Sitting at low interest rates for 20 years is the sign the economy is underutilized. Instead of making things groups with large amounts of money are parking their money in US treasury bills. When the economy finally starts reaching full employment and you see real wage growth, You will actually see real inflation and higher interest rates. At that point you can apply the breaks. Your boy Daddy Trump was arguing this specifically and you didn't really say much other than how well the economy was doing when Trump started big time deficit spending. The economy still isn't great but when it is, they can stop with this stimulus bills.

In the meantime, enjoy your new car!

Comment

• Your recollection of what Hannibal said is, well, piss poor. He was bemoaning the printing of money last March. And April. And May.

Whatever. You're always bad faith on this shit.

Comment

• Daddy Trump didn't start deficit spending last April 2020, it was well under way starting in 2017 with the TCJA and continuing with the BBA of 2018 and 2019. The last one was especially large. All of these acts help the economy that you fellas lauded.

Comment

Working...
                                X