No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have multiple new drug therapies that, if you become infected and you are at risk for serious consequences, your survival potential is increased dramatically.
    I think this is something that is especially encouraging. Back when this thing first hit, the most alarming part of it was that the government was looking for venues that could act as morgues, to take care of all the bodies of people who were going to die from it. In the current outbreak here in Michigan, hospital numbers are up, but I don't see the death rates jumping up proportionally. Maybe I'm just not reading the numbers right, but that's what I see. I'm glad that there are more treatments and people seem to be surviving more.

As far as the economy, I think we have a roaring economy that is currently in neutral. I think it will bounce back in high gear once this thing seems to be under control, unless Biden and the Progs place back breaking taxes on everything. Of course, that's probably what they're going to have to do in order to pay for all the free stuff they're giving out. I'd imagine that the next "infrastructure" requirement will be to build Holiday Inn type hotels every 5 miles along the Mexico border to take in all the new Democrat voters coming from Central America. Somebody has to pay for it, and it sure won't be Bill Gates...

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

One more since all the news is so sunny. I just saw a headline in my local community paper that the Freedom Festival is canceled. Local officials sited the state’s ban on OUTSIDE gatherings of over 1,000 people. At this point it’s too late in the game to plan a bunch of 4th of July celebrations, especially when you don’t know what the rules will be at that point. So they just said fuck it. Celebrating America’s freedom is canceled. We are now 14 months removed from the start of this thing.
      Yet the UM athletic department will be expecting an answer, in the form of cash, for football season ticket renewals in the next month.

Comment

• And today Whitmer extended workplace restrictions another 6 months. If they don’t want you to go to the office until mid-October - at the earliest - then full stadiums/arenas are a pipe dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Seems like at this point it would almost be easier for the experts to admit that they've been flying by the seat of their pants all along.
          Good luck with that. Of course it's true...this has been an overblown situation from Day 1 but do you really think any liberal egghead is ever going to admit they are wrong? Nope. Just change the narrative/direction...new strains...etc...boogeyman man gunna gitcha! Fear is a great tool. Fear breeds control which is what all this bullshit has been about and continues to be. Myself and others proclaimed this a long time ago but were called Trumpers...Neanderthals...etc.

Fuck all you asshole liberal pieces of shit who have reaked all fucking havoc and mayhem for your own political power...fuck you.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

And today Whitmer extended workplace restrictions another 6 months. If they don’t want you to go to the office until mid-October - at the earliest - then full stadiums/arenas are a pipe dream.
            She's not going to release her death grip on controlling everything in Michigan for the foreseeable future. Gretch is the only one who determines what is right for Michigan. She, along with Nessie and Jo-Nay aren't listening to a soul outside of their little clique. And if you oppose them, you are racist, assault weapon toting, bigoted, white supremacist, kidnapper terrorists who deserve to be locked up. Even worse, you're probably a Republican.

And throwing more fuel on the fire CDC Director Wallensky said today that "The answer in Michigan is not to have more vaccinations, but to shut things down to regain control of the situation".

The head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said the answer to Michigan's "acute situation" with COVID-19 is not to surge vaccines but to shut down the state

Those Dems sure love Michigan, don't they?

Last edited by lineygoblue; April 12, 2021, 11:59 PM.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• OMG, she actually said “flatten the curve”. Those people have turned into a cult.

"So when you have an acute situation — extraordinary number of cases like we have in Michigan — the answer is not necessarily to give vaccine," Walensky said.

"The answer to that is to really close things down, to go back to our basics, to go back to where we were last spring, last summer, and to shut things down, to flatten the curve, to decrease contact with one another to test to the extent that we have available, to contact trace."

Back to basics, huh?? FUUUUCK YOU.

Comment

• And Ron DeSantis just shakes his head.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• This J&J "pause" is aggressively stupid and they'd better give the all-clear again before the week is out.

Comment

• A lot of aggressively stupid shit passes for "science" these days. Federal agencies are full of some of the dumbest smart people of all time.

I'm trying to determine if they are A. stupid. That seems unlikely but it's becoming hard to tell for sure. B. Insane. Increasing likelihood. C. Just complete pussies. Also likely. or D. Evil.
                    Last edited by Mike; April 13, 2021, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• The science is that there is, perhaps,a miniscule risk associated with the the J&J vaccine. Just as the science was and is the CFRs for Covid based on age.

The policy is what you do with that science when weighed against other policy considerations. It's an aggressively stupid policy based on a total CYA "zero risk" approach that has permeated this entire fucking thing.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yep. I'd bet driving to work is more dangerous than Covid is to people under 50. This whole thing is being run by helicopter parents that are terrified of a few skinned knees.

Comment

A lot of aggressively stupid shit passes for "science" these days. Federal agencies are full of some of the dumbest smart people of all time.

I'm trying to determine if they are A. stupid. That seems unlikely but it's becoming hard to tell for sure. B. Insane. Increasing likelihood. C. Just complete pussies. Also likely. or D. Evil.
                          C.

Well, also A.

These are some of the most risk-adverse people on the planet. And they are handing ammo to anti-vaxxers in a Longaberger basket with this horseshit.

6 out of 7 Million doses. Give covid to 7 million people and I'm comfortable predicting that more than 6 would get seriously ill. Pretty sure more than 6 out of 7 million would die too.

Why not just issue a guidance to doctors to keep an eye on the most affected group (all six were women under 50)? Instead of shrieking that we need to stop until we can figure out wtf is going on?? JFC

Comment

• The J&J "hold" is incomprehensibly stupid. We've reached the point where the motives of these bureaucrats and politicians needs to be questioned. The damage they are doing to the credibility of important government agencies could last a generation. I'm not kidding.

It will be like the lessons of Vietnam and how it took 30 years for America to get back its appetite for war. Now, in the wake of our Middle East misadventures, nobody would think about listening to someone who suggests sending a bunch of troops to the other side of the world to fight the latest boogeyman. That's where things are headed with our public health guidance from unelected officials. If and when we have another outbreak of some sort, people will tune out in droves. They've cried wolf too many times. How in the hell are we supposed to take them seriously when they are act like its the black plague and then willfully put the stop to an effective vaccine? These geniuses want me to believe that the cure is worse than the disease when they've been screaming like their hair is on fire for the last 14 months?? GTFO.

Comment

• Boogeyman gunna gitcha!
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

6 out of 7 Million doses. Give covid to 7 million people and I'm comfortable predicting that more than 6 would get seriously ill. Pretty sure more than 6 out of 7 million would die too.
                                But those 6 people, or their surviving family members, will have plenty of choices for representation in "wrongful death" lawsuits.

Comment

Working...
                                X