No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago authorities are set to release a police video of the shooting of a 13 year old boy, Adam Toledo, a couple weeks ago. I wasn't familiar with the story until this afternoon. Toledo was with a 21 year old in an alley at 2:30 in the morning. Both were armed and discharged their firearms. Reports were that shots were fired at a passing car. The gunfire was detected by sensors in the area and police responded. Two officers pursued the suspects. One cop detained the 21 year old and the other cop went after Toledo yelling for him to drop the gun. The officer's account was that Toledo turned toward him with the gun in his hand and he the officer fired, striking Toledo in the chest and killing him. A gun was found in his possession and he had powder residue on his hand.

Mayor Lightfoot held a presser today ahead of the video release and said she "saw no evidence that Toledo fired at the police" and then plead for the impending protesters to be peaceful. The 21 year old has since been arrested and charged with several felonies. From what I've read about the incident, it sounds open and shut but I'm interested in what the video reveals.

Comment

• something interesting on that floyd trial

His O2 sats being 98% sure puts a wrench into his death being caused by strangulation of his airway

and its the idiot prosecution that let this slip. When the defense brought up carbonmonoxide they said the highest that could have been was 2% not lethal because he was satruated with oxygen at 98%

i don't know where that pulmonologis tobuin got that 98% figure but certainly that high means he was getting oxygen in

needs to come up on monday with final arguements

Comment

• So..............

If his oxygen level was 98%, how did he die of asphyxiation?
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• How the hell did the defense miss that?

Comment

• MSP is gunna burn...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• does this make any sense?
              https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...uted-to-george

how in the hell does that take everyhthing away from what they said last week that floyd dies of lack of oxygen
              MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — George Floyd died of a lack of oxygen from being pinned to the pavement with a knee on his neck, medical experts testified at former Officer Derek Chauvin’s murder trial Thursday, emphatically rejecting the defense theory that Floyd's drug use and underlying health problems killed

Comment

• Dr. Tobin is the same person who said Floyd's Oxygen levels were 98% AND also says he couldn't breathe. I'm no medical expert, but I'm guessing this isn't the insane contradiction that Dr. Crashcourse thinks it is. Possibly because being able to expand and contract your lungs isn't the same thing as oxygen saturation levels.

Comment

• MSP gunna burn
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• We need Jeff to explain this oxygen stuff to us in 5,000 words or more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      How the hell did the defense miss that?
                      I don't know if there was anything TO miss. The last defense they were presenting was basically conceding that Floyd had suffocated to death but that CO from the running car was to blame and not anything Chauvin was doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                        MSP gunna burn
                        Chicago first.

Comment

• The kid in Chicago definitely had a gun and it seems like the evidence is there that he fired it at some point (not at the officer). I've seen still shots from the bodycam that claim to be from about a second before the cop fired and the kid is facing the officer with both hands up and nothing appears to be in them. I'll try to remember and post them later tonight. I am NOT sure the timing is accurate but it seems plausible that the kid dropped the gun right before he got shot. The officer I will note seemed distraught and was trying to save his life afterwards, in sharp contrast to the indifference you could see with Chauvin.

Comment

• A lot depends on whether it was an actual arterial blood gas or a finger probe. Traditional noninvasive pulse oximeter devices do not distinguish between oxyhemoglobin and COHb and that’s what first responders would have used. So, sat levels could be high with a finger probe with it actually reading
                            carboxyhemoglobin (CO) levels instead of oxygen (O2).

And, yes, true O2 saturation is a direct result of your lungs moving and the resulting alveolar exchange unless you are on bypass/ECMO.

But I am not sure any of that matters. I believe if you hasten the death of a person -even just a second- you are kinda on the hook. But IANAL.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The videos are up. That split second shot of him turning around will be all anyone sees on 98% of media outlets. Guaranteed. Hands up! and all that. He was being chased down an alley with a gun in his hand. There was an opening in the fence and he stopped and reached his hand around the wooden privacy fence to ditch the gun (which was empty, meaning he had previously fired however many rounds were loaded to begin with). If you back up the video a split second before he's shot, he's standing there with his right arm behind the fence out of view. At this point it has already been discerned that he was carrying a gun in his right hand. Then he turns toward the cop as he's putting up his hands and the cop fires a single round which kills him very quickly.

The video and supporting evidence taken in proper context paints a contrasting picture to the one that will be plastered all over the news sites.

Here's all the body cam footage and shot spotter audio.

Subject: Adam Toledo This post includes all relevant video, audio and Chicago Police Department records in COPA’s possession that are required to be released related to use of force in …
                              Last edited by Mike; April 15, 2021, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• James O’Keefe (Project Veritas) is the latest to get banned by Big Tech.

You’re not allowed to pull back the curtain on the news.

Comment

Working...
                                X