No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would actually support granting Puerto Rico it's independence. I imagine if you put it to a vote, that PR would pick independence over statehood -- if you're, you know, sincerely interested in what the folks of PR want. LMMFAO.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don’t think PR would choose Independence. They like the free candy from the north.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Re: Buchanan's post.

It's beyond ridiculous. At least I live in the "Florida" of my Michigan county. Case in point: This past Friday I attended an outdoor work-related event to commemorate a local government/private business partnership. There were probably 60 people there, every one of them masked (I took one with me "just in case" lol). 100% mask rate among attendees. Two hours later and 20 miles away we took the kids to baseball. Between the two adjacent fields there were probably 200 or so people among players, coaches, family members, and other attendees. Zero masks. Not one. 0.00% mask rate. It has become my favorite time of the week because it has a completely pre-Covid normal feel to it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          I don’t think PR would choose Independence. They like the free candy from the north.
          That would be my bet.

Comment

• At my son's baseball games LAST SUMMER, most people were not masked. And the kids were not masked. Because by then every rational fucking person had figured out that being outside was fine. At some point maybe the CDC will acknowledge the obvious. LMMFAO.

Comment

I don’t think PR would choose Independence. They like the free candy from the north.
              Yeah, so that's an argument against statehood. I mean, if they're going to be grifters then fuck them.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                At my son's baseball games LAST SUMMER, most people were not masked. And the kids were not masked. Because by then every rational fucking person had figured out that being outside was fine. At some point maybe the CDC will acknowledge the obvious. LMMFAO.
                Damn. Our whole season was canceled last year.

Comment

Yeah, so that's an argument against statehood. I mean, if they're going to be grifters then fuck them.
                  I really don't think they bring too much to the table. We have plenty of beaches.

Comment

I would actually support granting Puerto Rico it's independence. I imagine if you put it to a vote, that PR would pick independence over statehood -- if you're, you know, sincerely interested in what the folks of PR want. LMMFAO.
                    I said in my original post that I think a threshold of at least 60% in PR would be necessary, and not a simple majority. Because there's no going back once they choose statehood.

The last time they held a referendum on the question there was a boycott by one of the two major parties, which led to 97% of people who voted choosing statehood. Not a reliable election.

The last time before that (2012)

46% said to maintain the status quo
                    33% chose statehood
                    18% chose free association, something like the UK's commonwealth
                    3% chose total independence

Comment

True, we don't need another Alabama

Comment

I would actually support granting Puerto Rico it's independence. I imagine if you put it to a vote, that PR would pick independence over statehood -- if you're, you know, sincerely interested in what the folks of PR want. LMMFAO.
                        That's an interesting situation. We all know that Democrats want PR statehood because of the voter guarantees. But, has anyone asked the folks who live there? By Strangelove's numbers, its not an overwhelming desire. So, are Dems going to force statehood on them for those precious 2 additional Senate seats?

And while we're forcing territories into becoming states, why not add American Samoa? How about Guam? Shoot, offer statehood to The Philippines. Lets spread out all over the globe. Let freedom ring!!!!
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I did look it up and most Puerto Ricans pay no income tax so long as their income came from Island sources only. They do pay federal payroll taxes, meaning social security, medicare, etc. at the same rates as anywhere else in America.

Comment

• There's obviously no urgent need for statehood. There's a credible argument for it. I think there's a credible argument against it. What's entirely clear is that it's not something that is all of sudden a huge pressing need.

Comment

• A nice two-month update on where Texas stands after Governor Abbot implemented his "neanderthal" "culture of death." https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...oing-in-texas/

I'm thinking this somehow, some way plays into the Ds massive failure to grasp basic facts re Covid, but I still can't figure it out. I still can't quite solve the mystery of why so many so well-educated people would be so wrong about Covid.

Comment

• And Cuomo, AKA Dr. Death, is opening up NY that currently has double the death rate of Texas. MURDERER!!

Comment

Working...
                                X