No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D: Of course more whites are killed than AAs by police. Because there are more whites than blacks in the country. (Duh)

Blacks are 2.5 time more likely than whites to be killed by police. That is significant and is indisputable.

This report says 2.8

Victims were majority white (52%) but disproportionately black (32%) with a fatality rate 2.8 times higher among blacks than whites. Most victims were reported to be armed (83%); however, black victims were more likely to be unarmed (14.8%) than white (9.4%) or Hispanic (5.8%) victims. Fatality rates among military veterans/active duty service members were 1.4 times greater than among their civilian counterparts. Four case subtypes were examined based on themes that emerged in incident narratives: about 22% of cases were mental health related; 18% were suspected “suicide by cop” incidents, with white victims more likely than black or Hispanic victims to die in these circumstances; 14% involved intimate partner violence; and about 6% were unintentional deaths due to LE action. Another 53% of cases were unclassified and did not fall into a coded subtype. Regression analyses identified victim and incident characteristics associated with each case subtype and unclassified cases.

This one says 3.23 times

When President Donald Trump responded to a question about Black people who have died at the hands of U.S. law enforcement by focusing his attention on white victims, he was engaging in a “grotesque” misdirection, says Matt Miller, a Northeastern professor who studies gun violence. “Black people are more likely to be killed per capita by law enforcement than are white people,” Miller says.

Although Black people represented 12 percent of the population in the states we studied, they made up 25 percent of the deaths in police shootings,” Miller says.

By comparison, Miller says, white people represented 62 percent of the population—and made up 54 percent of the deaths in encounters with police.

Like I said, indisputable.

The mmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeediaaaaaa
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• D. Was “overestimate blacks killed by police”. There are polls that indicates an overwhelming number of liberal voters believe that black men are far more likely to be killed by police than in car crashes. The fact is that it’s 10:1 the opposite (or perhaps more, I don’t readily recall the specifics).

And to the studies you cite, there are others that have minimal to to difference in the application of deadly force between black and whites.

But an indisputable FACT is that AAs commit violent crimes at astronomically higher rates than other races. So of course they will have more deadly encounters with LE.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Another 53% of
        Although Black people represented 12 percent of the population in the states we studied, they made up 25 percent of the deaths in police shootings,” Miller says.

By comparison, Miller says, white people represented 62 percent of the population—and made up 54 percent of the deaths in encounters with police.

Like I said, indisputable.

The mmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeediaaaaaa
        You really shouldn’t say these things publicly to anyone that has an education exceeding community college, or any modicum of common sense, lest you look like an absolute fucking retard.

Comment

• Blacks are killed disproportionately because they commit every imaginable crime at wildly disproportionate rates. On a per arrest basis whites are killed by police officers at a higher rate than blacks. Blacks commit slightly over 50% of the murders despite being only 13% of the population. Most crime categories that lead to stressful encounters with police officers show similar statistics.

You really shouldn’t say these things publicly to anyone that has an education exceeding community college, or any modicum of common sense, lest you look like an absolute fucking retard.
          Mike giving out sage advice.
          Last edited by Hannibal; June 20, 2021, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            D. Was “overestimate blacks killed by police”. There are polls that indicates an overwhelming number of liberal voters believe that black men are far more likely to be killed by police than in car crashes. The fact is that it’s 10:1 the opposite (or perhaps more, I don’t readily recall the specifics).

And to the studies you cite, there are others that have minimal to to difference in the application of deadly force between black and whites.

But an indisputable FACT is that AAs commit violent crimes at astronomically higher rates than other races. So of course they will have more deadly encounters with LE.
            Thanks for actually reading what I posted, Mike.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
              Blacks are killed disproportionately because they commit every imaginable crime at wildly disproportionate rates. On a per arrest basis whites are killed by police officers at a higher rate than blacks. The commit slightly over 50% of the murders despite being only 13% of the population. Most other significant crimes that lead to stressful encounters with police show the same trend.
              Indisputable. Well, I’m not sure of the precise numbers, but the gist is indisputable.

Comment

• It's true, but of course it's "racist" to point out.

Any facts that don't portray non-White races in a favorable light relative to Whtes are "racist".

Comment

• 44% of self-described liberals or very liberal said that more than 1000 UNARMED black men were killed by the police in 2019. The actual number was 13. I wonder how liberals could be so fantastically misinformed?

Again, we can’t talk about solving problems if we can’t agree on what the problem is. If you lose a football game 13-10 and your QB throws 8 interceptions, you don’t necessarily say the whole damn team sucks — gotta do a complete rebuild. You try to figure out why you lost and remediate that.

Comment

• 44% of self-described liberals or very liberal said that more than 1000 UNARMED black men were killed by the police in 2019. The actual number was 13. I wonder how liberals could be so fantastically misinformed?
                    Are you really mystified by this?

Comment

• Indisputable.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Are you really mystified by this?
                        Well, heh, I have my theory as to how liberals could be so wildly wrong about an issue. But I guess they could just ignorant fucking hayseed rubes.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Well, heh, I have my theory as to how conservatives could be so wildly wrong about an issue. But I guess they could just ignorant fucking hayseed rubes.
                          Fixed that for you.

Comment

• Well, there are certainly conservatives who are wildly wrong about an issue. My original statement is correct, too. It’s been my clearly articulated, on multiple occasions, point for days now.

Everything I’ve said that is indisputable is, in fact, indisputable. It’s not too hard to follow along.
                            Last edited by iam416; June 20, 2021, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• Ah yes... The world according to Talent.

Indisputable. Ha!

Comment

• Quote me and disprove it. It’s pretty easy. If you’re right, prove you’re right. You post bullshit all the time, get quoted and get assfucked. You should be able to turn the tables—IF you’re right. So, man up. Show me what you got.

But, you’re a partisan shill incapable of independent thought. So, I won’t hold my breath.

Facts are a bitch.

Comment

Working...
                                X