No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon, who is certainly no fan of mine, can at least acknowledge the truth in what I’m saying. He’d prefer it be more balanced. But he’s not stupid enough to die on a hill he knows he can’t defend.

I’m not making controversial points. The conclusions are fairly obvious from indisputable facts.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I just posted some links that disprove the bullshit you all post about cops and black and white killings. Rather than talk about the real issue, the disproportionate numbers, you post shit like "Liberals think more blacks than whites are killed by cops" That is bullshit and you know it. But that is your style. Anyone with more than half a brain knows that is not that case, but you post it as "indisputable" to prove your point. And yes, I am sure that there are some liberals that believe that just like there are conservatives that thought that Trump was playing 3D chess, but the point is you post shit that is irrelevant and claim it as indisputable proof of "victory"
      It is fucking tiresome and as transparent as it is stupid
      But WTF, knock yourself out. Claim an asskicking where there is none.

Indisputable!
      Last edited by CGVT; June 20, 2021, 10:24 PM.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Black men are killed disproportionately to overall population because they commit violent crime at an ASTRONOMICALLY higher rates than other races. I’m glad we’re all in agreement.

And when it comes to the application of deadly force, there is little to no difference among races. FACT.

Certain “woke” folks might not want to recognize reality, but that’s on them. Those of us who recognize reality are well aware of the facts and are tired of the leftist tropes.
        Last edited by Mike; June 20, 2021, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• 2.5% more like to get killed by a cop. Fact, And unarmed you black males are more likely to be killed than unarmed whites. Fact

The study found that the racial disparity was even more pronounced in those cases in which the victims were unarmed and offered minimal to no threat to police.
          “In those instances in which the victim appeared to pose a minimal-or-less threat to police, based on the data we had, Black people were three times as likely to be killed,” Miller says. “That doesn’t mean the police didn’t feel threatened. But based on the reports that we were able to to look at, a very low level of threat was directed at the police. And in those specific cases, the numbers rose for Black people: They made up 36 percent of the deaths.”

Miller adds that his study, which was released in March, was not an outlier on the issue of race in police shootings.

“Many other studies have shown that Black people are more likely to be killed per capita by law enforcement than are white people in the United States,” Miller says. “That is not a disputed statistic.”
          We're tired of the right wing denial.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• One study has it at a 2.5% difference? Is that statistically significant? Is that the hill you want to die on? Because we can site studies all day.

Can you discredit the FACT that blacks commit violent crimes at astronomically higher rates than other races? Can you??

Comment

• “Many other studies have shown that Black people are more likely to be killed per capita by law enforcement than are white people in the United States,” Miller says. “That is not a disputed statistic.”

Well, no fucking shit! Perhaps statistical analysis isn’t your strong suit. As is the case with the moronic studies you cite.

Comment

• Facts.

Indisputable

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  One study has it at a 2.5% difference? Is that statistically significant? Is that the hill you want to die on? Because we can site studies all day.

Can you discredit the FACT that blacks commit violent crimes at astronomically higher rates than other races? Can you??
                  Must be in their genes... There could be no other explanation for it.

Comment

• I wonder how many studies of race-based murders take into account the black on black murder rates? I'm wondering if those numbers are ignored because they leave out the white element, that race baiters crave so much. For instance, there can be 30 black on black homicides in Chicago on a weekend, but the shooting death that will grab headlines is if a white cop in Flint MI shoots a black teenager that shot at him first. Maybe black on black murder is an accepted society normal?
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      Facts.

Indisputable
                      Exactly. Try to bring some to the table.

Comment

I just posted some links that disprove the bullshit you all post about cops and black and white killings. Rather than talk about the real issue, the disproportionate numbers, you post shit like "Liberals think more blacks than whites are killed by cops" That is bullshit and you know it. But that is your style. Anyone with more than half a brain knows that is not that case, but you post it as "indisputable" to prove your point. And yes, I am sure that there are some liberals that believe that just like there are conservatives that thought that Trump was playing 3D chess, but the point is you post shit that is irrelevant and claim it as indisputable proof of "victory"
                        It is fucking tiresome and as transparent as it is stupid
                        But WTF, knock yourself out. Claim an asskicking where there is none.

Indisputable!
                        Again, QUOTE ME.

You didn't disprove ANYTHING I said. ANYTHING.

My points were concerning the various "big lies" propagated by the Left. One of those "big lies" is the perceived vs actual harm done to AAs by police. One of my supporting points to that argument was that -- and I'll quote myself since your chickenshit, coward ass won't do it:

Again, there's a reason why in polling that that "liberals" vastly overestimate the dangers of Covid and vastily overestimate the number of AAs killed by police.
                        My support for that particular statment: https://www.skeptic.com/research-cen...-CUPES-007.pdf

Since I know you won't read that link -- hell, I doubt you've actually read this far -- the link is "polling that shows that self-described "liberals" vastly overestimate the number of unarmed AAs killed by police.

And and yet, you say -- and I will quote your fucking rube ass:

"you post shit like "Liberals think more blacks than whites are killed by cops" That is bullshit and you know it. But that is your style. Anyone with more than half a brain knows that is not that case, but you post it as "indisputable" to prove your point"
                        LMMFAO. I mean, it's fucking astounding how fucking wrong you are. ASTOUNDING. The best part of that is that you finally use quotation marks for something I NEVER SAID -- LMMFAO. You're so remarkably dishonest. Just a total liar. It's why you are such a trash fucking poster on this thread. You are, again, a total partisan shill without an ounce of independent thought in you. An ounce.

So, what do you do -- you generally misunderstand the entire discussion (that everyone but you is following along with, including Jon and DSL), and post facts on how AAs are disproportinately killed by police. As if that's some sort of refutation of anything I said. But, wait, you then say that I said something that I didn't say -- and in fact use quotation marks instead of the quote button (because, obviously, I didn't say that and you couldn't use the quote button). This after I called you out. It's almost unbelievable. Almost. It's comically fucking stupid. It's caricacture posting.

It is INDISPUTABLE that:

(1) AAs are disproportionately killed by police (somewhere in the 2X range);
                        (2) AAs are commited a disprorpotinately higher number of violent felonies (somewhere in the 4X range);
                        (3) That the number of unarmed AAs killed by police is typically less than 20 per year and was 13 in 2019 per WaPo and 27 per anothe source;
                        (4) That the number of unarmed AAs killed by police from 2015 to today is well under 100 -- I think it's closer to 50;
                        (5) That polling shows that more than half of self-described "very liberals" and almost 40% of self-described "liberals" think more than 1000 unarmed AAs were killed by police in 2019

Now, folks can conclude whatever they want from those INDISPUTABLE facts. Most will actually mull things over. You will not. You will ignore everything except (1). Everything. Because you're a partisan shill.

And I can go on humiliating you to the end of time if you're going to continue to post like an ignorant rube.
                        Last edited by iam416; June 21, 2021, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          One study has it at a 2.5% difference? Is that statistically significant? Is that the hill you want to die on? Because we can site studies all day.

Of course he can't.

The logical, sensible approach would be to actually try explain it. Note, e.g., that poor people are more likely to commit violent felonies. Note. e.g., that the residual legacies from when there was actually systemic racism have created a disproportinately higher number of poor AAs. And so forth. That's a much bigger policy discussion and one that involves thought and nuance.

HOWEVER, when it comes to police shootings, we're talking likelihood to engage with a violent felon. It doesn't matter why that person is violent in the police shooting context. Only that they are. So, the INDISPUTABLE fact that AAs commit violent felonies at a much higher rate than white folks is extremely relevant. Again, the "why" is a much bigger disciussion; the "is" -- that's what the police are dealing with. And the "is" is indisputable.

Comment

• And, again, the "big lies" matter because when we're trying to remediate a problem and we can't come close to agreeing what the prolem is. It's blindingly clear, and indisputably supported by polling, that liberls significantly overestimate the number of AAs killed by police. Either they're all fucking ignorant hayseeds -- a possibility I'm coming around to -- or they've been intentionally misled by something.

Thoughtful people -- people who actually want to solve the problem -- will actually consider all facts to figure out (a) what the problem is; and (b) what the best solution is. Again, we aren't even remotely close on (a). And, as evidenced by posters on this thread, the Left has zero interest in considering all facts; just the one or two they like. Any other fact that contradicts their ignorant assessment of the situation is likely "racist."

I'll go back to my sports analogy since with sports we actually want to figure out what went wrong. When M loses to OSU 31-20 with John O'Korn at QB, the analysis isn't that you scrap the entire fucking program; it's that O'Korn probably sucks. Of course, then again....

Comment

• There isn't any point in speculating about whether the extreme right believes in any fantasies, because the extreme right hasn't had access to power in our lifetimes, unlike the extreme left, which is in power now all over the country. Perhaps one day will will reach a position where Flat Earthers will be in power and lunatics who believe in 20th Century junk science about gender being "assigned" at birth will be brushed to the fringes of society where they belong. But until then, there is the Extreme Left to deal with -- a sect of quasi-religious fanatics that have used junk social sciences and nonsensical dogmas as a pretext for inducing a state of psychosis in our society.

Psychosis is the only way that I know how to describe it. We have gone collectively insane. When a felonious loser fentanyl addict is viewed as some sort of saint worthy of building statues for, then your society has lost its collective mind.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; June 21, 2021, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Must be in their genes... There could be no other explanation for it.
                                I don't know what the reason is but I'm sure there are explanations for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X