No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh nooes! People aren't getting the shot!

IMPENDING DOOOM
    You know, she's probably a nice lady and a good doctor but is anyone with a brain paying attention to the COVID schtick these people keep pushing.

The SARS2 Pandemic is under control in the US. If idiots within the executive branches in Washington had not created the web of necessity for the PHE to still be on going - it's going take months to unwind all the regulatory and budgeting bull-shit that is baked into it - it should have been ended about a week ago.

I've completely stopped reading any news reports featuring statements by various government health officials, e.g., Walenski about what we should be doing or not doing, who should get shots and the calamity that is approaching if people still rightfully choose to not get one. Fauci is right up there with people that ought to be ignored.....

.......that I'm probably not alone is actually too bad. The CDC has done some good things, very few, but there is good PH information out there that originated with them. The problem is that it's hard to find in one of the worst government web sites of all time.

IMO, their biggest failure, and it is huge, is the one that involves developing tools and teaching individuals how to use them to assess one's risk of SARS2 and make rational, informed decisions about what risks you want to take in living your lives. Instead, they've shoved shit down our throats to the point where nobody is buying it any longer. Their worst PH nightmare, self imposed and perpetuated.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I read in the Detroit Snooze today that roughly 70% of people over 65 in Michigan have received at least one Covid shot.

CGVT complains that 'trump states' aren't getting their shots, but the very Democrat controlled area of Michigan known as Detroit has a participation rate of around 40%. This was one of the hardest hit areas of the state during the pandemic. The state opened up Ford Field for weeks, giving free shots to anyone that could show up. They vaccinated thousands, but a later study has shown that the majority of folks given shots at Ford Field came from outlying areas. You'd think that inner city Detroiters (i.e. Democrat voters) would have dominated that site, but not so.

I hope those folks weren't driven away from the vaccine because "it was developed by Trump".
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It must be racism, Liney.

Comment

• I haven't seen the precise reasons why they did this yet, but the DOJ shut down dozens of Iran-linked websites today. The only one I recognize really is Press TV, which is Iran's English-language state tv channel.

American authorities have seized a range of Iran’s state-linked news websites they accuse of spreading “disinformation."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
            IMO, their biggest failure, and it is huge, is the one that involves developing tools and teaching individuals how to use them to assess one's risk of SARS2 and make rational, informed decisions about what risks you want to take in living your lives. Instead, they've shoved shit down our throats to the point where nobody is buying it any longer. Their worst PH nightmare, self imposed and perpetuated.

The problem is that too many people ARE STILL buying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

The problem is that too many people ARE STILL buying it.
              Yep. Idiots.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• A Times analysis found that willingness to receive a vaccine and actual vaccination rates to date were both lower, on average, in counties that voted red in the 2020 presidential election.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

How are the numbers around you in Russia, doing?
                  I'm pretty sure Comrade CGVT knows about Trumpers because he lives Alabama and not Russia, but make no mistake plenty of fellas in Russia love Agent Donald.

Comment

• @ 30% Vax rate in The Great State of Alabama. @ 70% voted for Trump.

Coincidence?

I think not.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• You live in Real Murica.

Comment

• A Maryland man admitted in federal court Tuesday to leaving a deranged letter on the doorstep of a Biden-Harris supporter in October that said the candidates would be "executed on National Television (sic)."

Comment

• Washington Post airs video telling white people they should "feel shame for being white" and urging them to form "white accountability groups." https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ty-groups.html

The Media gonna Media. Progs gonna Prog.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Lin Manuel Miranda getting excoriated by The Left for not casting enough BLACK latinos in his movie. The WaPo strikes again:

The deprioritization of lived and racialized experiences in favor of a nonexistent mono-cultural “Latinidad” has no function beyond fantasy. How can we honor those who came before us and risked everything to exist despite the challenge of erasure?
                            and

Why highlight a Black Latinx population if your interpretation needed to erase a large portion of the Blackness to tell it?
                            Are we willing to let them be sold out so that White Latinxs can use our keys to open their own doors?

White and light-skinned Latinxs who use their access to Spanish, as a first or second language, as a distancing mechanism from their Whiteness.
                            Progs gonna prog

Comment

• Of course, Progs heroine Ilhan Omar and Froot's personal heroine, Tlaib, consistently spew hatred toward Israel in their pro-Hamas positions and, voila -- hate crimes against Jews spike. https://www.npr.org/2021/05/24/99979...h-of-gaza-viol

I'm sure they'd prefer that the Jewish victims were actually in Israel, but they're probably not losing any sleep over the fact that they're in the US.

Comment

• In yet another utopian Prog world, New Zealand will send a man to the olympics to compete in female weightlifting: https://www.npr.org/2021/06/21/10087...-at-the-olympi

"She" is a mere 43 years old. The woman bumped from the team is not too happy about, but that's obviously because she's a hateful fucking bigot -- well, according to The Left.

Comment

Working...
                                X