No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a mask mandate returns to my neighborhood, my first question is going to be, "why did I take the vaccine?". That would mean the anti-vaxers might have a point. If I get the (emergency approved, and experimental) vaccine, "because its so effective", why do you want to require me to go back into a mask?
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Fuck the mask. Fuck the vax. It's a fucking hoax to continue the lefts control...they are fucking drunk with power and ain't gunna let go...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
        Fuck the mask. Fuck the vax. It's a fucking hoax to continue the lefts control...they are fucking drunk with power and ain't gunna let go...
        Let's put that statement of frustration in balance. First, I get the frustration. Much of it born of the absurd steps government officials, in particular of one political persuasion, took and continue to try to take unconstitutional restrictions on our lives and livelihoods, closing our schools and otherwise turning countries into prison camps. On balance, there was then and continues to be no justification for any of it. One can mount credible, science and fact based arguments to support that position.

OTH, there are aspects of efforts to contain the spread of SARS2, albeit very few, that work. IMO, the principal one is good data being provided by public and private agencies that allow individual citizens to assess risks to their health and make their own decisions about protecting it and the health of those around them. Liberals believe we need government to do that for us. I reject that notion entirely. The injection of that kind of thinking, that which forces us to behave in certain ways, into the American citizenry is largely responsible for the frustration Wiz expresses above. It's counterproductive to the goal of ending this shit storm. I believe the harder governments push us to behave for what they call the public good is, in fact, harmful to achieving the goal of sending SARS2 to the dust bin of nuisance corona viruses.

Some data and scientific based facts:
        • Vaccinated people are nearly guaranteed not to be hospitalized or killed by Covid.
        • Among children under 12, who remain ineligible for the vaccine, serious forms of Covid are also extremely rare. Children face bigger risks when they ride in a car.
        • The Delta variant does not appear to change either of those facts.
        • Millions of unvaccinated American adults are vulnerable to hospitalization or death from Covid.
        Last week, I posted that the world was watching the UK and PM Boris Johnson's approach to dealing with SARS2. I called it an accommodative approach with minimal restrictions to personal freedoms. The counterpart to that is a zero, or very near zero, SARS2 elimination approaches. The later requires the greatest burden on personal freedoms. IMO, it is seriously flawed on a number of levels, most prominently it is unlikely to work in isolation from other measures and is economically and socially devastating. When looked at in this light a zero COVID, SARS2 elimination approach like this, even one that leans in that direction like many countries, including the US seem to be following, an accommodative approach makes WAY, WAY more sense ....... and now we are beginning to see it's working in the UK.

Below are two charts, the second represents data from the UK. Both are informative. It is abundantly clear from what is now "big data" collected over the last 17 months that dealing with SARS2 and all it's variants by recognizing who is getting infected by it and who is being protected from it. In the absence of other mitigation factors, as the Johnson "experiment in GB demonstrates, cohorts with high vax rates are subduing SARS2 and sending into irrelevance. Of course, these are the older, over 65 population who, as a group, have upwards of 80% vax rates. I don't think the lesson here can be any clearer.

Vaccines.PNG
        One final comment. The bullshit being spouted on all forms of media about vaccinated people getting re-infected, about the lack of or waning effectiveness of approved vaccines, is premature and dangerously misleading. There's not enough good data to support any conclusions about this in a fact based scientific way. But the facts on the ground that we can see is that re-infections following vaccination are exceedingly rare. For the small number of people where that is happening there is this:
        • Vaccinated people that get re-infected demonstrate that they have significantly lower viral loads than naïve people that get infected and are therefore much less likely to spread the virus and they are certainly not going to infect other vaccinated folks.
        • SARS2 Viral loads unquestionably determine the likelihood of transmission and COVID illness severity

Thus there are two scenarios going forward: (1) If vaccinated people are the source of further spread of SARS2, it would suggest vaccinated people ought to be subjected to restricted mobility and social contacts. (2) If SARS2 is instead spreading overwhelmingly among the unvaccinated, it would suggest that the behavior of the vaccinated doesn’t matter very much; the only reliable way to reduce caseloads would involve more vaccinations.

I'll leave it at that but facts are mother fucker.
        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; July 26, 2021, 08:44 AM.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          If a mask mandate returns to my neighborhood, my first question is going to be, "why did I take the vaccine?". That would mean the anti-vaxers might have a point. If I get the (emergency approved, and experimental) vaccine, "because its so effective", why do you want to require me to go back into a mask?
          control.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
            Fuck the mask. Fuck the vax. It's a fucking hoax to continue the lefts control...they are fucking drunk with power and ain't gunna let go...
            give a free McRib with every shot and Wiz would be first in line
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The NSA released their findings in a report about the Tucker Carlson unmasking

from the Daily Wire
              …the nation’s top electronic spy agency found that Carlson was mentioned in communications between third parties and his name was subsequently revealed through “unmasking,” a process in which relevant government officials can request the identities of American citizens in intelligence reports to be divulged provided there is an official reason, such as helping them make sense of the intelligence documents they are reviewing.

Fox News responded with a statement: “For the NSA to unmask Tucker Carlson or any journalist attempting to secure a newsworthy interview is entirely unacceptable and raises serious questions about their activities, as well as their original denial, which was wildly misleading.”

Comment

• 102586420_10220557799548624_781201319317733376_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=fvxatEDiz5wAX9l3hTA&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=8cd896bd7437dfaf0792f67c23ec8895&oe=612299C9.jpg
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 77nZy2Av.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                    See my previous comment about “are people really that stupid?”

Under 25 your fatality rate is lower than the seasonal flu and natural immunity from an infection is likely much stronger than a man-made vaccine.

Over 65, you should get the vaccine for sure, but if you don’t, that’s your risk and your decision. Every old man or woman who refuses to get the vaccine sligjhtly reduces the massively underfunded liabilities associated with Medicare and SS.

Comment

• Per the CDC’s web page, about 6,200 people have been reported as deaths soon after getting the vaccine.

I haven’t seen a breakdown by age, but I’m guessing that the raw numbers translate into a higher death rate from the vaccine itself for younger age groups than a viral infection.

Comment

• 6k people died after eating ice cream. Obviously you should not eat ice cream

Three deaths are directly linked to the vaccine in the US. Three.

​​​​​​
                        • Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 339 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through July 19, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 6,207 reports of death (0.0018%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. However, recent reports indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and TTS, a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths.
                        Last edited by CGVT; July 26, 2021, 02:15 PM.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          Per the CDC’s web page, about 6,200 people have been reported as deaths soon after getting the vaccine.

I haven’t seen a breakdown by age, but I’m guessing that the raw numbers translate into a higher death rate from the vaccine itself for younger age groups than a viral infection.
                          bet that is a tiny fraction of the actual deaths from vaccine. Just like every death was a Covid death (they weren't), and every seasonal flu was counted as Covid. they are cooking the numbers, have been every step of the way.

Comment

• “Long Covid” will now be considered for disability benefits under the ADA. Biden said it can rise to disability level over time. I guess that’s based on the several years-long studies of long Covid? And here the first time I heard about long Covid was like…. Friday.

Comment

• jon rahm was winning a golf tourney in ohio by 6 shots and tested positive for covid

even though he got the vaccine

comes back wins us open

now hes positive again

DeChambeau out of olympics too

even though he got the vaccine

Comment

• Correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X