No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin is wearing a face shield because he was arriving in the Philippines today. People are currently required by law to wear them there. He didn't wear the shield when he was in Singapore or Vietnam on the same trip.

MANILA, Philippines — US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin arrived in the Philippines on Thursday and is set to meet with President Rodrigo Duterte to “discuss avenues to further

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Austin is wearing a face shield because he was arriving in the Philippines today. People are currently required by law to wear them there. He didn't wear the shield when he was in Singapore or Vietnam on the same trip.

MANILA, Philippines — US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin arrived in the Philippines on Thursday and is set to meet with President Rodrigo Duterte to “discuss avenues to further

https://news.yahoo.com/marco-rubio-s...192635629.html
      because everyone in the photo is wearing one...

lmao, pussies.

Comment

• From the embassy: "The Philippine government has mandated that everyone must wear full-coverage face shields together with face masks while in public places. Local governments continue to implement additional requirements to slow the virus’ spread"

Comment

From the embassy: "The Philippine government has mandated that everyone must wear full-coverage face shields together with face masks while in public places. Local governments continue to implement additional requirements to slow the virus’ spread"
          tarmac on an airfield IS NOT a public place.

Comment

• Austin didn't wear the face shield in Singapore or Vietnam, which even this Breitbart article admits

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin landed in the Philippines during his weeklong trip to East Asia on Thursday, wearing a face shield.

Comment

From the embassy: "The Philippine government has mandated that everyone must wear full-coverage face shields together with face masks while in public places. Local governments continue to implement additional requirements to slow the virus’ spread"
              Want this shit to stop?

Get the damn shot.

Simple as that.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Austin didn't wear the face shield in Singapore or Vietnam, which even this Breitbart article admits

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...s-face-shield/
                again, tarmac on an airfield is not a public place.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Want this shit to stop?

Get the damn shot.

Simple as that.
                  you think I am complying? lmao, ok

In realty, my life is fine. not going to be wearing one of those face diapers tho.

Now, go put on your face diaper like a good little vaccinated sheep.

Comment

• Read these headlines with caution ........

Pfizer says immunity drops to 83% within four months in people who got its COVID-19 shot, further bolstering the company case for a booster

First, while I'm a capitalists at heart, there's a profit motive in announcing this stuff that should not trump the scientific method. Yeah, some people complain that the West's reliance on stuffy studies properly done upon which medical recommendations should then be based upon, right now, I'm loving that take.

Second, ready the entire article - it is pre-print. That means it's neither peer reviewed or sufficiently powerful upon which to make conclusions about waning immunity in the face of SARS2. Even the article says this. IOW, going in you have to understand how actual scientific studies are acknowledged as meaningful and a study upon which you might conclude something. This one is not even close.

Third the article does not say what that 83% figure applies to. Is it serious illness or death? Of just infection? I don't know that. Even the article hedges on this.

“We do see—after six to eight months—more rapid waning concerning infections and mild to moderate symptoms,” Dr. Mikhail Dolsten, Pfizer’s chief scientific officer, said during the call. “Those are likely entirely, or to a large degree, dependent on antibodies and the drop in titer that we alluded to. If you raise it, you may have a good probability to reverse that waning.”

I take this to mean wanes when it comes to infection, not in prevention of serious illness or death.

Still, there are trends and I applaud the Pfizer team for looking into these. Just look at this and go, OK, let's see what finally comes of it. Don't run out and get a third Pfizer shot. That's bad and whatever booster Pfizer comes up with is going to be tailored to genomic changes in SARS2.

Of course, this will be all over all levels of media and presented as FACT. It's not.

AA has opined that boosters will be needed at some point. I think that's a pretty safe bet. When and for whom remains up in the air. IOW, "further study is needed" which is the proper refrain that you should see even in the most rigorously conducted and peer reviewed studies. Especially when it comes to SARS2 and COVID.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/pf...wsviewer_click
                    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; July 29, 2021, 05:02 PM.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Trivial BS alert...

Mike Lindell is pulling all his ads from FoxNews. He claims it's because they refused to run an ad promoting his election fraud bullshit.

This is actually kind of a big deal for Fox. Lindell spends a LOT on ads on their network. $50 M last year alone. A lot of major corporations still don't want their ads running during Tucker or Laura's shows and Fox has used My Pillow ads during primetime to fill empty air

Comment

• LMAO at the Philippines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                          If Democrats had their way, you would be walking around everywhere like this. You'd be wearing your mask while swimming and lifting it up and down in between bites of food while eating. There is no end for these people.

Comment

• Those my pillows suck.

Comment

• I'm surprised .........the NYTs is running a piece today that counters the typical fear monkey BS that characterizes most of the media's take on the Delta "surge." It's paywalled but here are the takeaways:

Policy makers need a strong dose of humility when implementing COVID mitigation strategies. To wit: humans can intervene with prescribed mitigation measures that can theoretically reduce transmission but thinking that only human interventions can end the pandemic is foolishly naïve.
                              • There are no plausible explanations involving human interventions alone for the peaks then precipitous falls of new case numbers. I posted about this earlier in the week. Virologists agree that the steep drops in new case numbers in India and the UK are NOT a result of imposed mitigation measures. They are mysterious.
                              • Drops like this - the petering out of the spread of a virus - has repeated itself in almost every viral outbreak in the history of the human race. We simply do not know why and our efforts to impose measures to stop this thing pale in comparison to the behavior of the virus we do not fully understand.
                              • The article nibbles around the edges of stating masking and social distancing mitigation measures, including lock-downs (Australia and China are in the midst of re-imposing them) don't really do much and might be unnecessary imposition of inconvenience - actually unlawful restrictions on guaranteed liberties in the case of mobility restrictions - on those affected by these mandates.
                              • The one human intervention that does work? Vaccines.
                              • PH policy makers would be well advised to carefully examine the cost of further mitigation measures in the face of the Delta "surge" balancing the social and economic cost of such measures against what are emerging as questionable PH benefits.
                              • Vaccination should be at the forefront of PH policy aimed at stemming the pandemic.
                              In FL, Governor Desantis is getting hammered for his stand against counties mandating masking for kids in schools. I suspect he is a staunch adherent to the concepts that have been articulated in this rare NYT's piece that actually questions some of this stupid shit. In the end, I don't think there will be any question that Ron Desantis is one smart dude wrt to the current shit storm.

Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; July 30, 2021, 07:11 AM.
                              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• From Geraghty:

From this morning’s Washington Post story about the internal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention slide presentation that has a lot of people freaked out: “Another estimates that there are 35,000 symptomatic infections per week among 162 million vaccinated Americans.”

That comes out to 1 out of every 4,628.57 people. I like those odds!

I’m sure someone would say “yes, but that’s per week, meaning you face the same risk the next week!” Okay, so every week, I face a new metaphorical lottery of being that one person out of 4,628 or so who has a symptomatic breakthrough infection. I can live with that, and you can, too. Yes, it will stink to feel sick for a couple of days, but symptomatic breakthrough infection almost never results in hospitalization or death.

People accept that much higher level of risk all the time. The chances of dying in a car crash are roughly one in 107, and the average person is involved in three motor vehicle accidents in their lifetime. If someone told you they refused to ever get into a motor vehicle because the odds of dying in an accident were too high, you would urge them to get counseling for runaway anxiety.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X