No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And for the record the Capitol Physician (not Pelosi) made the call for the House members to wear masks again. I'm guessing he did so because, for one, the House is a lot more crowded than the Senate. And two, the Senate is almost 100% vaccinated. I think Rand Paul is the only holdout and he's got natural immunity. In the House 40%-50% of Republicans refuse to even tell anyone if they've gotten the shot.

A GOP congressman accused the Capitol attending physician of hypocrisy for going maskless in a Capitol meeting shortly after imposing new coronavirus mask mandates on lawmakers and staff. 

Comment

• In the House 40%-50% of Republicans refuse to even tell anyone if they've gotten the shot.
      Face palm.......

TBC, I'm a proponent of choice in the vaccination debate but for those who don't have natural immunity from a previous infection (verified by a positive AB test) it is getting hard to defend not getting the shots. Your congressional representatives are a different lot.

They get press and the messaging sent via positions like this isn't helpful at all.
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• But yet the reason (or so we're told) that Joe Biden is sitting in the WH today, is because of the overwhelming numbers of minority voters in large cities.

So the numbers are huge when we're talking about votes, but small when we're talking about vax's.

We haven't heard the last of the mandatory vaccinations for all idea from the Democrats. The trial balloon crashed yesterday, but it will be back.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          And for the record the Capitol Physician (not Pelosi) made the call for the House members to wear masks again. I'm guessing he did so because, for one, the House is a lot more crowded than the Senate. And two, the Senate is almost 100% vaccinated. I think Rand Paul is the only holdout and he's got natural immunity. In the House 40%-50% of Republicans refuse to even tell anyone if they've gotten the shot.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cap...g-mask-mandate
          But Pelosi is the one threatening fines and arrests.

I know I'm in the minority here when it comes to personal liberty and "mah freedumbs", .. but I still see being vaccinated as the equal of wearing seat belts while driving. If I wear my seat belt, I'm protected much better during a crash than an unbelted driver. Alcohol use and smoking can have bad effects on a person's health, but people are still allowed to drink and smoke. Even smoking pot can have negative effects on a person's health, but yet its use is being legalized all over the country.

For now, people still have the right to mess up their lives, if that's what they choose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Face palm.......

TBC, I'm a proponent of choice in the vaccination debate but for those who don't have natural immunity from a previous infection (verified by a positive AB test) it is getting hard to defend not getting the shots. Your congressional representatives are a different lot.

They get press and the messaging sent via positions like this isn't helpful at all.
            It’s an act of defiance. It’s not my thing, but I get it. Massive amounts of people have lost faith in politicized institutions and are sick of rhetoric and feaongering from incompetent ideologues. Nobody knows what the long term effects of mRNA vaccines will be. If you do not have any Covid-19 risk factors, then it’s not crazy to think that the vaccine can do more harm than good. Add on top of it the talk of forcing people to get the vaccine (from the “my body, my choice crowd BTW) and you give millions of people a reason to resist it.

it took us years to figure out that thalidomide caused birth defects. There are unknown risks with new medicines.

Anyone schooled in history and civics should recognize the threat posed by vaccine mandates. If somebody can force you to take a shot, what else can they force you to do, now that we have already given health care beauracrats the power to lock people in their homes and shut down businessss?
            Last edited by Hannibal; July 31, 2021, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• About this time of day on the weekends, I'll check the FL DoH's Weekly COVID Report. This week's report has some interesting numbers. The CDC with everyone freaking out about it has identified hot spots in the US for COVID "surges." FL is one of them. It also may soon lead the US in precipitous drops in new case numbers ..... but this won't get any press. If FL's numbers go down like they mysteriously have in India first and now the UK, it will follow a similar pattern that is emerging every where this happens. Steep rises followed by precipitous declines ..... ALL WITHOUT ANY NEW MITIGATION MEASURES. In fact, Boris Johnson cancelled all mitigation measures in the UK on July 19th. Cases plummeted. India did NOTHING. Cases plummeted. NB, the UK has a high vax rate, India does not. That can't explain the near identical drops in new case numbers.

It's early but this is a snap shot of FL's vax rates and new case numbers for the previous week (7/23-7/29. I've highlighted Broward (PEV) and Dade (POM) counties. Vax rates have jumped considerably from 3 weeks ago - like 20% or more. Note that these two counties also have the highest vax rates state wide and also have the lowest (below the state average) % positives. These are down a lot from a week ago.

Note also % positives in these two counties is declining and by a lot.

What these two metrics portend is herd immunity is being approached in S. FL counties with high vax rates. Those with low vax rates are in COVID's cross hairs - look at their % positives. Correlation couldn't be any clearer.

I'm predicting steep declines in new case numbers over the next two weeks in FL and especially these two counties.

Percent Positive.PNG
              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; July 31, 2021, 12:25 PM.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• BTW — I didn’t realize this until recently, but Covid “hospitalization” statistics include people who test positive for Covid from routine hospital screenings. That means that if you get a test before your knee surgery and you are positive, you are counted as a “hospitalization” case even with no symptoms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                  About this time of day on the weekends, I'll check the FL DoH's Weekly COVID Report. This week's report has some interesting numbers. The CDC with everyone freaking out about it has identified hot spots in the US for COVID "surges." FL is one of them. It also may soon lead the US in precipitous drops in new case numbers ..... but this won't get any press. If FL's numbers go down like they mysteriously have in India first and now the UK, it will follow a similar pattern that is emerging every where this happens. Steep rises followed by precipitous declines ..... ALL WITHOUT ANY NEW MITIGATION MEASURES. In fact, Boris Johnson cancelled all mitigation measures in the UK on July 19th. Cases plummeted. India did NOTHING. Cases plummeted. NB, the UK has a high vax rate, India does not. That can't explain the near identical drops in new case numbers.

It's early but this is a snap shot of FL's vax rates and new case numbers for the previous week (7/23-7/29. I've highlighted Broward (PEV) and Dade (POM) counties. Vax rates have jumped considerably from 3 weeks ago - like 20% or more. Note that these two counties also have the highest vax rates state wide and also have the lowest (below the state average) % positives. These are down a lot from a week ago.

Note also % positives in these two counties is declining and by a lot.

What these two metrics portend is herd immunity is being approached in S. FL counties with high vax rates. Those with low vax rates are in COVID's cross hairs - look at their % positives. Correlation couldn't be any clearer.

I'm predicting steep declines in new case numbers over the next two weeks in FL and especially these two counties.

Percent Positive.PNG
                  So once again, if you want this shit to stop, get the fucking shot.

And this truly is undeniable.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Hanni, TBC, I have no problem with your's or the Wiz's stand on vaccination. None. That's because those stands are both exceedingly well reasoned positions to take as well as accommodating your particular circumstances. You two and I suspect many others, have the science and the facts on the ground in hand.

If you'll recall, I posted earlier about an Economist article that opined the best bang for the buck in getting the folks vaccinated would be among the health education illiterate. Neither of you guys are among that group.

My "face palm' on the messaging this sort of "resistance" imparts is aimed not at the group of unvaxed you are in but rather those incapable of being informed and then doing the kind of reasoning you have obviously done..... and there are a shit-ton of them, all stripes. They are probably convincible, or maybe not. Worth a try.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

That sort of chatter is about three months back in the running narrative. We're on to it and the architects of fear have gone on to a couple more tricks since then.
                      Bingo.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Hasn't changed. The quickest way to get back to normal is to get the fucking shot.

It's undeniable.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• You are a certified moron.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 1. Vaccinated people are testing positive. Undeniable.

2. You are not factoring in natural immunity which is more effective in resisting Covid. Undeniable.

3. They are now advocating mask wearing even if vaxed? Wtf? Undeniable.

4. Covid survival rate is still 99.6% Undeniable.

5. We are letting thousands of unvaxed illegals across our border with no outcry? Wtf? Undeniable.

You are a moron. Undeniable.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                              1. Vaccinated people are testing positive. Undeniable.

2. You are not factoring in natural immunity which is more effective in resisting Covid. Undeniable.

3. They are now advocating mask wearing even if vaxed? Wtf? Undeniable.

4. Covid survival rate is still 99.6% Undeniable.

5. We are letting thousands of unvaxed illegals across our border with no outcry? Wtf? Undeniable.

You are a moron. Undeniable.
                              Number five is particularly interesting. The thousands of unvaxed illegals are welcomed with open arms, but unvaxed House members are threatened with fines and arrests. And the mandatory vaccine being forced on House members is the same "trump vaccine" that Dems were so opposed to about a year ago. And, its the same vaccine that Mr CGVT says to get, so that the pandemic will go away. But yet, all the progress in researching, developing and distributing those vaccines all happened under Donald Trump.

Does getting the vaccine make us "trumpsters"?

Comment

• I don't give a fuck who developed the vaccine. I was in line for it as soon as it was available to me.

You fools look at Buchanan's shit and proclaim "Fear Monkeys!" but ignore the undeniable fact that the in areas where vaccination rates are high, infections are down.

Regardless of numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4 the best way of getting this shit under control is to get as many people vaccinated as possible. That is undeniable.

Number 5 is an insignificant right wing talking point, but even if it mattered. Get them a fucking shot.
                                Last edited by CGVT; July 31, 2021, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X