Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

Best to hold back that laughter. We've got an equally grand chance to become laughing stocks ourselves when Whitmer gets re-elected in 2022.
    I 've been looking at places in AZ, not sure if I can get past scorpions and rattle snakes tho

Comment

• Suspcious activity of some kind took place in about five states -- activity that would never be allowed if Republicans did it. That's on top of the election law shenanigans that preceded the elections.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        Suspcious activity of some kind took place in about five states -- activity that would never be allowed if Republicans did it. That's on top of the election law shenanigans that preceded the elections.
        more like 7 or 8 cities.

Comment

• -amigrS4lwGWvecLTJ9Nf5t95R6fE96GZ8VRkbax83w.jpg
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I certainly doubt you could get 81 million people to ADMIT they voted for Dementia Joe.

Comment

• DSL re the movement of the late 1800s to reinforce a confederate-centric viewpoint of the Civil War ........ yeah, I'm aware of that now though, not before I read an article a while back, that time being divorced from the cancel culture movement prevalent today. Frankly, although I take your point, in the current circumstance, I don't think that has anything to do with what's going on now.

I firmly believe that the cancel culture movement is a driving force underlying the illiberal left's objective of taking down institutions developed by white classical liberals over centuries in the name of establishing equity and justice in America.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                DSL re the movement of the late 1800s to reinforce a confederate-centric viewpoint of the Civil War ........ yeah, I'm aware of that now though, not before I read an article a while back, that time being divorced from the cancel culture movement prevalent today. Frankly, although I take your point, in the current circumstance, I don't think that has anything to do with what's going on now.

I firmly believe that the cancel culture movement is a driving force underlying the illiberal left's objective of taking down institutions developed by white classical liberals over centuries in the name of establishing equity and justice in America.
                I would change one thing, it's equity and social justice in America.

Justice doesn't need a qualifier, it is what it is. And anytime you add something to Justice, like social, or racial, it is no longer just.... JUSTICE.

What they want isn't actual justice, otherwise they would leave it alone.

Comment

• "Social justice" to me means, give us a bunch of money and free shit or we'll burn your city down.

Comment

• At 5:00 today (So around 5:45 Biden time) the president will unveil his new 6-pronged strategy to fight Covid. I'm super excited. I really think it's gonna work this time.

Comment

Suspcious activity of some kind took place in about five states -- activity that would never be allowed if Republicans did it. That's on top of the election law shenanigans that preceded the elections.
                      While you mutter about “suspicious activity” the lawyers the conservative movement is using to present these accusations in court are getting recommended for disbarment instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

While you mutter about “suspicious activity” the lawyers the conservative movement is using to present these accusations in court are getting recommended for disbarment instead.
                        Still waiting for a substantive argument from you on the subject that doesn't involve just relaying what other people are saying or doing.

Comment

• The Lost Cause narrative and the whole Dunning School is, generally, a steaming pile of crap. However, it's a great example of how academics can control history and the way we view it. And it's a great example of why we should remain vigilant against fraudulent tellings of American history like, oh I don't know, that the American Revolution was fought to preserve slavery or other such mendacities that are slowly working their way into our history teachings as part of our ongoing battle against JIM CROW ON STEROIDS and our WHITE SUPREMACIST country.

Just saying...
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• cogent yet lucid
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              The Lost Cause narrative and the whole Dunning School is, generally, a steaming pile of crap. However, it's a great example of how academics can control history and the way we view it. And it's a great example of why we should remain vigilant against fraudulent tellings of American history like, oh I don't know, that the American Revolution was fought to preserve slavery or other such mendacities that are slowly working their way into our history teachings as part of our ongoing battle against JIM CROW ON STEROIDS and our WHITE SUPREMACIST country.

Just saying...
                              The American Revolution was fought to protect slavery AND to put more money in the pockets of the rich, white, landed gentry of the Colonial 1% club.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Still waiting for a substantive argument from you on the subject that doesn't involve just relaying what other people are saying or doing.
                                Still waiting for an intelligent conservative to present any evidence proving these accusations in open court. It hasn’t happened because the intelligent conservative lawyers are staying far away because they know it’s all a bullshit PR campaign based on stupid people not understanding what election procedures are.

Comment

Working...
                                X