No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liney...you are a direct descendant of Hitler Marge Schott...and Mark Fuhrman...admit it...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• For anyone with kids in school: Saying the word "cough" is now akin to saying "bomb" at an airport. My oldest son developed a stuffy nose last Monday and out of an abundance of caution, we kept him home from school on Tuesday. I called in the absence to the school and got their voicemail. Apparently I fumbled my message slightly when I said something to the effect, hey, he has a little head cold, stuffed up, runny nose, nothing major, slight cough, we plan on having him back tomorrow.

Then around 3:00 I get a frantic call from my wife. "What did you tell the school!? Did you say he has a cough!?" Which, he actually didn't at the time. I really hate leaving voicemails. Anyway, the school informed us that he had to either quarantine for 10 DAYS, or get a negative Covid test because he has a "cough". Which he didn't. So my wife scrambled to get a 4:30 appt the same day at UM. The two boys and her all got PCR tests but it took 24 hours to get the result back (all neg) so he missed Wednesday too. Then, they told me he can't come back until he has no symptoms of any kind. Zero. So I took him back today and hope like hell the kid doesn't have to blow his nose for 8 hours. It's gonna be a loooooong school year.

Comment

• Oh the horror...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It's insane, Mike.

And, yes, Kapture -- Chairman Joe, in almost the same breath, insisted (correctly) that the vaccinated are at almost zero risk while insisting that he won't le the unvaccinated put the vaccinated at risk. It's almost unbelievable.
          Last edited by iam416; September 10, 2021, 09:25 AM.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
            Liney...you are a direct descendant of Hitler Marge Schott...and Mark Fuhrman...admit it...
            And I'm still waiting for Aunt Marge's lawyer to give me my share of the Cincinnati Reds ...

fricken lawyers ...
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
              What blows my mind is that Fauci hasn't been fucking fired and arrested.

He successfully circumvented a Congressional ban on funding of gain of function, he is partly responsible for this fucking virus, he lied to the American people about his involvement, lied to congress, and he is supposed to be the trusted voice to protect the nation? fuck Fauci.
              He's like the guys on the Manhattan Project. His actions were critical to ending the reign of the Orange Menace.

He's a national hero and can pretty much get away with anything.

Comment

• Covid Deaths As % of Population (As of 9/9/21)

1. Mississippi (2.995 per 1,000)
                2. New Jersey (2.909)
                3. Louisiana (2.789)
                4. New York (2.681)
                5. Arizona (2.677)
                6. Massachusetts (2.608)
                7. Rhode Island (2.540)
                8. Alabama (2.498)
                9. Arkansas (2.381)
                10. South Dakota (2.345)
                11. Connecticut (2.334)
                12. Florida (2.241)

This might differ with official state reports which often lag a couple weeks behind.

About 6 months ago it seemed like no one would ever overtake NJ and NY at the top but this summer surge has been rough in the deep South. Mississippi was one of the least vaccinated states and had a lot going against it despite having few major urban areas. One is that Mississippi has a very large rural black population that quite possibly has low vaccination rates and many are in bad health to begin with. Two, Mississippi has a lot of retirees, especially closer to the Gulf Coast. Three, Mississippi has one of the worst healthcare systems in the country.

For the longest time since I've been looking at this, Florida was always between #25 and #30 on the list. Doing pretty well considering the state's density and older population. They have jumped up the ranks fast this summer and won't surprise me to see them in the Top 10 by the end of September.

I don't believe the NE will see a new Fall peak as severe as Florida just went through but we'll have to wait and see. Most of New England is heavily vaccinated

Comment

• Yeah, well eventually you run out of old people to murder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    For anyone with kids in school: Saying the word "cough" is now akin to saying "bomb" at an airport. My oldest son developed a stuffy nose last Monday and out of an abundance of caution, we kept him home from school on Tuesday. I called in the absence to the school and got their voicemail. Apparently I fumbled my message slightly when I said something to the effect, hey, he has a little head cold, stuffed up, runny nose, nothing major, slight cough, we plan on having him back tomorrow.

Then around 3:00 I get a frantic call from my wife. "What did you tell the school!? Did you say he has a cough!?" Which, he actually didn't at the time. I really hate leaving voicemails. Anyway, the school informed us that he had to either quarantine for 10 DAYS, or get a negative Covid test because he has a "cough". Which he didn't. So my wife scrambled to get a 4:30 appt the same day at UM. The two boys and her all got PCR tests but it took 24 hours to get the result back (all neg) so he missed Wednesday too. Then, they told me he can't come back until he has no symptoms of any kind. Zero. So I took him back today and hope like hell the kid doesn't have to blow his nose for 8 hours. It's gonna be a loooooong school year.
                    tl;dr

The 19th Amendment was a mistake.

Comment

• fSLabMcT.jpg

Comment

• Fauci is asked why people who had Covid already are being required to vaccinate, even though they’re likely more protected than vaccinated people “That’s a really good point…I don’t really have a firm answer for you on that”

the central question for millions of people and thats his answer

Comment

• That’s not a very good answer.

Comment

• Talent- You at the Hilliard civil war tonight? Regretfully I'm not at the Battle for Pickerington

Comment

• Battle of Pickerington was amazing—apparently. Can’t believe Central lost. That’s shocking. The way the lost is devastating.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Battle of Pickerington was amazing—apparently. Can’t believe Central lost. That’s shocking. The way the lost is devastating.
                                Yeah a shocker. First time since I've lived here that North won. Central had beaten three decent out of the region teams too

Comment

Working...
                                X