No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republicans win the congressional baseball game for the first time since 2016.

It's a sign.

Comment

• That's going to be the only win R's get.

In this whole budget thing, the Democrats will vote with the Democrats. They're going to get what they want, and we get to pay for it.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Glad a Democrat didn't try to execute the team, again.

Comment

• After the Chairman's first attempt to end "Remain in Mexico" was struck down, he's at it again, this time to presumably comply with procedural, you know, law.

Meanwhile, Panama tells the US that at least 60,000 more Haitians are on their way. They've all received the message that the Chairman has opened everything up.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Meanwhile, The Chairman's Homeland Security Security is "surprised" that all these illegal immigrants are Covid-positive at a rate of "approximately 20%." https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...rised-mayorkas

Now, of course, that doesn't mean they can't come into the country and melt away whilst they await their hearing. Oh, FFS, that would be cruel. Now, if you're a US citizen and/or fully vaccinated person, you need to show proof of a negative Covid test before boarding a flight to come to the US. The Democratic Party, people, the Democratic Party.

And, lol, the Chairman says they aren't for open borders. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Boy, Joe Manchin sure doesn’t seem like anywhere close to $3.5T is possible. It’s hard to believe that we’re dependent on the sanity of Joe Manchin to keep shit at “not quite as fucking bad” levels, but here we are.
              The policies and programs created are the big prize for the Ds. The amount by which those policies are funded in the reconciliation bill is secondary at this point. The primary goal for the Ds is to make them law and increase funding later if needed. And it's always needed. So however long the $3.5T figure funds these proposals, they can just trim a couple years off to get the price tag down to a level that Manchin and Sinema are comfortable with. Then, after millions of people get used to all these super cool gimme-dats, it becomes a major election issue at some point. "The R's want to take away your college and child care!! We will properly fund it!!"

Once a government program is created. It stays forever... like herpes.

Comment

• As "common sense", "reality-based" conservatives that voted for Biden, I think you owe the forum's stalwart Republicans an unabashed apology.

I think I can speak for the Wizard by suggesting, to make amends, you leap in front of a speeding train. And then kindly STFU

Comment

• He's certainly worse than I thought he'd be. He's incompetent.

Comment

• Well, I hope Manchin and Sinema stand their ground. Rumors flying they want $2T cut from the second infrastructure bill. That pretty much would gut the 'social infrastructure' and leave roads and bridges. No free college or subsidized child care which will cause the left wing to blow their tops.

Heh, we might be seeing the Anti-Harris ticket for 2024.
                    I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• He’s much worse that I thought. His Covid stuff has been a mixed bag. The Afghan bug out was a disaster. His budget is laughable, but his border stuff will genuinely hurt the country for decades.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• There's no to almost no infrastructure in the 2nd bill. The actual infrastructure bill isn't even just infrastructure.

Manchin is my only hope. And, I guess Sinema, but I don't think she's gonna stand.

Comment

• He’s much worse that I thought. His Covid stuff has been a mixed bag. The Afghan bug out was a disaster. His budget is laughable, but his border stuff will genuinely hurt the country for decades.
                          The COVID/Afghan stuff is damaging only because he ran on competence and suggested that once the "grown ups" are in charge then all this shit is easy. It's not. COVID don't give a fuck who's in charge. Foreign policy ain't easy. But, that shit is tangential other than to show the Chairman ain't some sort of magic bullet of competence.

We'll see what comes of reconciliation -- that, I think could be on par with the border. But the border stuff is remarkably fucking bad. Remarkably. I actually think that's the one thing PDJT got pretty much right. Remain in Mexico, in particular, is, IMO the absolutely correct policy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            As "common sense", "reality-based" conservatives that voted for Biden, I think you owe the forum's stalwart Republicans an unabashed apology.
                            I've done that.

Comment

• Also, can someone explain to me how raising trillions of dollars in new taxes will make in rain in California?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                He’s much worse that I thought. His Covid stuff has been a mixed bag. The Afghan bug out was a disaster. His budget is laughable, but his border stuff will genuinely hurt the country for decades.
                                Seriously though, what did you expect from a guy who's best selling point was that he's been in Washington, with virtually nothing to show for it, since 1972?

Comment

Working...
                                X