Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

Ah Jesus Christ

I KNOW they play no role, but as soon as it's approved it will be mandated for school children.

Those other vaccines were on the market FOR YEARS before being required for children in schools
    You may fully understand the process of getting a drug approved and that states, not the FDA, mandate vaccinations. Others, who stop by here to read posts may not follow this stuff closely, don't. I felt your post was misleading and inaccurate when you used the term "forced vaccination" and called this "malpractice." My goal was to show neither of those characterizations were accurate. You may have been just joking. This is not a joking matter.

We agree that action by the FDA to add COVID vaccines to the recommended list of vaccination for children is premature.

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

You may fully understand the process of getting a drug approved and that states, not the FDA, mandate vaccinations. Others, who stop by here to read posts may not follow this stuff closely, don't. I felt your post was misleading and inaccurate when you used the term "forced vaccination" and called this "malpractice." My goal was to show neither of those characterizations were accurate. You may have been just joking. This is not a joking matter.

We agree that action by the FDA to add COVID vaccines to the recommended list of vaccination for children is premature.
      I don't care If you felt that what I said is accurate or not, I stand by my comments. Giving children an experimental vaccine for a disease they don't have a particularly hard time with when the voting members of the FDA admit they don't know the long term effects it has on children years down the road.

It is malpractice. This is all just one big experiment.

Last edited by Kapture1; October 27, 2021, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• BTW, the expert panel reviewing Pfizer's application for EUA from the FDA for their vaccine product in kids 5-11 recommended the application be approved. They said vaccine’s benefits in preventing COVID-19 in that age group outweigh any potential risks. That includes questions about a heart-related side effect that’s been very rare in teens and young adults despite their use of a much higher vaccine dose.

Apparently, panel members were inundated with emails from antivaxers and antivax organizations to recommend not to approve Pfizer's request for an EUA. One panel member, in a public statement, addressed false claims that the the FDA was going to mandate the shots. Where do you suppose those false claims came from?

Because I'm going to assume some here are not following this and might be influenced by rumors, the FDA will now look at the panels recommendation's and the testing results that Pfizer submitted to support their request for EUA. As I made clear above, the FDA doesn't mandate vaccines. They will either accept the panels recommendations and approve EUA or reject them. Little chance of rejection.

Next the CDC has their chop before distribution and administration of the shots. It is here that the EUA can be tailored, for example, to only high risk children - and I assume that means with immunocompromising conditions. That's probably 60/40 the CDC won't do that. IMO, the shots in this age group can do a lot of good in controlling the spread of SARS2 and maybe more importantly, assuaging, often unjustifiable fears - again, stoked by the bull-shit on social media - of parents who are tired of telling their kids they can't go to or have a sleep over.

Here's the AP article that fills out details:

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Come near my kid with a clot shot and you will see what a real right wing radical looks like

Comment

• The FDA is just as fucking corrupt as the rest.

Comment

• The Kyle Rittenhouse trial is finally set to begin Monday. He got some good news in a pretrial hearing this week.

Kyle Rittenhouse judge says men shot by teen can be called ‘rioters’ and ‘looters’ – but not ‘victims’

https://nypost.com/2021/10/26/kyle-r...s-and-looters/

Comment

• My grandson is 3 years old and as far as I know, no dose of any vaccine has been approved yet. But I have to admit, I'm not thrilled with the idea of him being among the first in line to have the shot when/if it is approved for his age level. I'd like his parents to take a wait and see approach before making him roll up his sleeve. But, they want him vaxed as soon as possible, so he'll be there as soon as its approved.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• the common cold is more dangerous to children than Covid. There is no Covid emergency for children 5-11, therefor there should be no Emergency Use Authorization.

Period.

sic fucks

Comment

• EF to the ZZZZZZZ
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• "Nearly two million children between the ages of 5 and 11 have been infected, 8,300 have been hospitalized and nearly 100 have died over the course of the pandemic. Dr. Peter Marks, who heads the F.D.A.’s division that oversees vaccine approvals, told the F.D.A. panel that Covid is now one of the top 10 causes of death among children 5 to 11."

That's from yesterday evening's NYTs that does a recap of the days COID news. I don't believe the PHE is warranted any longer and it should be cancelled. That solves a lot of problems re just about everything to do with COVID....... the one thing that get screwed is funding levels for various public health programs that are COVID related. Most of these are infrastructure funding that should remain in place for the next pandemic. A lot of funding for than going forward might be disrupted inf the PHE is cancelled.

Still, COVID is a disease that, IMO, carries the same epidemic risks that all of the diseases for which vaccines have been developed and recommended by the CDC to be placed on the schedule for childhood immunizations. Those vaccines have had a major impact on the health of children and in some cases the eradication of a specific virus.

At this point, parents should have a choice about receiving or not receiving the vaccine for their kids 5-11. A recommendation to place it on the list of recommended vaccines for childhood immunizations, however, is premature. The messaging here would be for states to mndate them for school attenndance. I'm opposed to that in this age group. The fact of the matter is this is a somewhat nuanced debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                        Come near my kid with a clot shot and you will see what a real right wing radical looks like
                        I can't believe that you would prevent your kids from getting a vaccine for a diesease that they only have a 99.999% chance of surviving. What, do you hate your children?

Comment

• I'm in Jamaica with the wife this weekend. Covid-19 stupidity is everywhere. Jamaica has been hit incredibly hard by the lockdowns and the restrictions on travel. I was talking to one of the guys who pedddles necklaces and beads and pot and other shit, and he was telling me about how so many women have had to resort to prostitution to pay the bills. And here at the resort, they make you wear a mask when you enter a restaurant to walk to your table. You don't have to wear a mask while you sit at the table, but you have to go through the retarded ritual of putting on a mask to walk to your table. You aren't allowed to get your own food from the buffet, even though it was established long, long ago that Covid-19 does not spread via surfaces or food.

And on TV they have the same advertisements about wearing masks, getting the jab, etc. I wonder how much longer we will put up with these moronic charades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                            "Nearly two million children between the ages of 5 and 11 have been infected, 8,300 have been hospitalized and nearly 100 have died over the course of the pandemic. Dr. Peter Marks, who heads the F.D.A.’s division that oversees vaccine approvals, told the F.D.A. panel that Covid is now one of the top 10 causes of death among children 5 to 11."

That's from yesterday evening's NYTs that does a recap of the days COID news. I don't believe the PHE is warranted any longer and it should be cancelled. That solves a lot of problems re just about everything to do with COVID....... the one thing that get screwed is funding levels for various public health programs that are COVID related. Most of these are infrastructure funding that should remain in place for the next pandemic. A lot of funding for than going forward might be disrupted inf the PHE is cancelled.

Still, COVID is a disease that, IMO, carries the same epidemic risks that all of the diseases for which vaccines have been developed and recommended by the CDC to be placed on the schedule for childhood immunizations. Those vaccines have had a major impact on the health of children and in some cases the eradication of a specific virus.

At this point, parents should have a choice about receiving or not receiving the vaccine for their kids 5-11. A recommendation to place it on the list of recommended vaccines for childhood immunizations, however, is premature. The messaging here would be for states to mndate them for school attenndance. I'm opposed to that in this age group. The fact of the matter is this is a somewhat nuanced debate.
                            2 million kids got the sniffles and 8000 ended up in the hospital

Where's the emergency?

100 deaths while death stats for other age groups are as followed

30-39 -11,749
                            40-49 - 29,045
                            50-64 -128,814
                            75-84 -189,790
                            85+ -196,633

Where is the emergency?

I must be overlooking it somewhere........
                            Last edited by Kapture1; October 28, 2021, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              I'm in Jamaica with the wife this weekend. Covid-19 stupidity is everywhere. Jamaica has been hit incredibly hard by the lockdowns and the restrictions on travel. I was talking to one of the guys who pedddles necklaces and beads and pot and other shit, and he was telling me about how so many women have had to resort to prostitution to pay the bills. And here at the resort, they make you wear a mask when you enter a restaurant to walk to your table. You don't have to wear a mask while you sit at the table, but you have to go through the retarded ritual of putting on a mask to walk to your table. You aren't allowed to get your own food from the buffet, even though it was established long, long ago that Covid-19 does not spread via surfaces or food.

And on TV they have the same advertisements about wearing masks, getting the jab, etc. I wonder how much longer we will put up with these moronic charades.
                              That doesn’t sound a whole lot different than the stupidity that we went through here last year- except for the fact that Jamaica – once you get outside the gates and fences of the resorts- is just another one of Trump’s famous “shithole” countries. We’re only marginally smarter here. But make no mistake about it, there are plenty of Americans that have resorted to the same sort of unsavory practices to “get by”.

Comment

• Sort of sounds like Pelosi and Biden are putting the Infrastructure bill up for a vote today and daring the Progs to vote against. But we'll see

Comment

Working...
                                X