Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the emergency?
    There isn't one. Read my post. I'm in favor of canceling the PHE and now would be a nice time to do that or at least set reasonable metrics for when it's going to happen. My bet is January 15th which is too far out but it is what it is. The CDC just extended the Conditional Sail Order (CSO) that affects the cruise industry through that date. IMO, that signals what the CDC is thinking in the larger picture and regarding the national PHE.

The main point of my post is that the number of children who became ill, some seriously and died, is that SARS2 is as big of a health risk as all the other childhood diseases for which vaccines are recommended and some mandated. Polio, Roto Virus, MMR, Hepatitis A and B. Influenza B, Diptheria & Tetanus (Dtap).

TBC, I am not a mandate supporter for COVID vaccines and therefore do not support any action by the CDC to add that vaccine to the list of recommended child hood vaccines because of the message that sends and the likelihood that states will mandate it. I don't think that is going to happen.

OTH, I am a strong supporter of childhood vaccination inlcuding the current list of reccommended vaccines. If it is warranted at some future date that the COVID vaccine should be added to that list, I'd want to see the data that supports that step. It's not strong enough yet.

As I said, whether or not to add COVID vaccines to the recommended list of childhood vaccines, is a complex and nuanced debate. When the debate is undertaken limited by the whether or not to add or not add COVID vaccine to the recommended list of childhood vaccines, I think the answer is pretty clear. Not yet. However, those who want to dip their feet into this debate frequently conflate the question of whether or not to grant EUA (the PHE allows EUA) and give the COVID vaccine to 5-11 year olds. They are 3 distinctly separate questions.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Sort of sounds like Pelosi and Biden are putting the Infrastructure bill up for a vote today and daring the Progs to vote against. But we'll see
      From what I understand, sounds like this bill would have 50 votes in the Senate. Iffy if progressives will vote "yes" on it in the House.

I'm not sure if it passes... 50-50 on it actually happening.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

From what I understand, sounds like this bill would have 50 votes in the Senate. Iffy if progressives will vote "yes" on it in the House.

I'm not sure if it passes... 50-50 on it actually happening.
        It would only be the Infrastructure bill put up for a vote later today. That already passed the Senate weeks and weeks ago. We'll see who blinks, Pelosi or the Progs.

Comment

• They need to put the Progs on record with a "no" vote. Make them vote against their own sitting President.

Even in 2021, that's not good politics. But, Collins and Romney did it in the Senate. The loudmouth hags in the House can do the same.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• This certainly sounds fishy. Senator Richard Burr might not be off the hook for insider trading just yet.

Burr dumped over $1.5M in stock shortly after getting a briefing on covid in Feb. 2020. Been known for a long time and he's never been charged. Not long after that, Burr called his brother-in-law, who works on the National Mediation Board. Within a minute of hanging up with Burr, that guy called his stock broker and dumped hundreds of thousands in stock himself.

Apparently the SEC sent this guy a subpoena over a year ago and he's been refusing to comply with it ever since, claiming he has a medical condition that prevents him from doing so.

https://www.propublica.org/article/b...e-with-senator

Comment

• Well there's that. Despite President Biden's speech, seems like it's a no.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The Chairman has this shit on lockdown.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He's already flying to Europe. I think there might actually be a chance that nothing gets passed which would be amazing many levels.

Comment

• I have a hard time imagining that sort of implosion. Granted, the Chairman has been completely incompetent in every facet of his Presidency to date. He's an absolute doddering clown. BUT, I have a hard time imagining the Progs effectively and formally kneecapping the remainder of his time in office by not passing the fucking bipartisan infrastructure bill. Are the Progs really THAT BAD at politics?

It's very hard to say how the political landscape will shift in the next year. There are so many variables and a lot of them operate independent of actual government. They're happenstance. So, there's that caveat. Now, I thought the Ds would get beat a bit in 2022, but I thought you'd see a rather big economic bounce-back and that would make it a pretty close race in the House and maybe even give the Ds the Senate since it's a bad map for Rs. But, wow...as of today the Ds are heading for a fucking monumental asswhupping. I'm talking HARBAUGH!!!!!!-[insert opponent] bad.

I had previously completely written off the Virginia governor's race. It's a blue state. The D is going to win. I still think that, but now I think it's going to surprisingly close. That's a race, IMO, that McAuliffe should win by 7-8 points minimum. But, man, it looks like he's only going to win by 1-2 points. That's....ummm....not good for the Ds.
                    Last edited by iam416; October 28, 2021, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      He's already flying to Europe. I think there might actually be a chance that nothing gets passed which would be amazing many levels.
                      If Pelosi doesn't blink and lets the Infrastructure bill get voted on tonight, and the Progs don't blink and defeat it, I think the chance nothing at all gets passed is high.

BUT the Rules Committee just barfed out a 1700 page Reconciliation bill text in the past half hour. That has been one of the main things Progs cite to justify blocking the infrastructure bill.

Comment

• I would think that the progs can't possibly be that stupid but then there's Rashida... so who knows? If BIF gets passed tonight, I imagine Manchin/Sinema will honor their agreement on the social welfare bill and Biden will get them both. It's self-preservation at this point for the Ds at this point. They HAVE to pass something.

Comment

• STFU
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

If Pelosi doesn't blink and lets the Infrastructure bill get voted on tonight, and the Progs don't blink and defeat it, I think the chance nothing at all gets passed is high.

BUT the Rules Committee just barfed out a 1700 page Reconciliation bill text in the past half hour. That has been one of the main things Progs cite to justify blocking the infrastructure bill.
                            That will probably be enough to get the progs over the hump.

Comment

• It'll be interesting to see what policies that usually take months or even years of careful thought and consensus-building and that were dreamed up on the fly make it into that nonsense.

Comment

• Oooo criminal charges filed against Andrew Cuomo in Albany County. Forcible touching.

Comment

Working...
                                X