Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what policies that usually take months or even years of careful thought and consensus-building and that were dreamed up on the fly make it into that nonsense.
    That's why there's vague nonsense like this:

"an additional line item for immigration, slated at $100 billion. The description only reads “improve our immigration system consistent with the Senate’s reconciliation rules.” But there is no clarity on what that would actually mean, or how they expect to figure out a plan that would pass muster with the Senate parliamentarian."

Even the scaled down bill still represents a reckless expansion of the welfare state, and some of it may end up permanent. 

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Oooo criminal charges filed against Andrew Cuomo in Albany County. Forcible touching.
      Court now says this was issued "erroneously".

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

That's why there's vague nonsense like this:

"an additional line item for immigration, slated at $100 billion. The description only reads “improve our immigration system consistent with the Senate’s reconciliation rules.” But there is no clarity on what that would actually mean, or how they expect to figure out a plan that would pass muster with the Senate parliamentarian."

Even the scaled down bill still represents a reckless expansion of the welfare state, and some of it may end up permanent. 
        It's just gross. They are literally just seeing how much money they can spend. If they can get it, then they'll figure out ways to spend it. It's pretty much like infrastructure. Instead of, you know, identifying projects, it's just, ummm, yeah...trillion sound good to you? Me, too....
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Cleveland radio legend Mike Trivisonno died suddenly today. He started out as a sports talk guy but morphed over the decades into a very Cleveland version of Rush Limbaugh.

Cleveland Scene, Scene, Cleveland News, Ohio News, Elections, Arts, Culture, Restaurants, Concerts, Events, Things to Do in Cleveland

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Cleveland radio legend Mike Trivisonno died suddenly today. He started out as a sports talk guy but morphed over the decades into a very Cleveland version of Rush Limbaugh.

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and...sonno-has-died
            When I was stationed in Grand River back around 1990 he used to call into the local sports talk radio. I can't remember the host's name, but he used to call Trivisonno Mr Know-it-all and act like the calls bothered him. I found out later that the host used to call him on slow nights. While I was still there, Trivisonno got his own radio show off the back of his calls. I don't remember what his sports takes were like, but he sure liked to hear himself talk.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Geez. Virginia governor race is looking tight. Election is next Tuesday.
              Fox News (who FiveThirtyEight grades as an "A" pollster) has Rs Youngkin up 8 points as of today. I have no idea what's going to happen in that gubernatorial election...

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Still can’t imagine the Rs win that, but it’ll be way closer than it should. The only upside for the Ds at the moment is that there’s a full year until 2022 and three years until 2024. Things can’t stay this bad for them.

Comment

• I’m calling it now for Youngkin. I’d like to believe otherwise but all enthusiasm and momentum is on his side.

McAuliffe has seemed pretty rusty and a number of people I follow have reminded that he didn’t win by much in 2013 against proto-Trump Ken Cuccinelli. Youngkin a much better candidate than the Cooch.

Comment

• You’re wrong. Virginia is still a blue state.

Comment

• The best thing for the country as a whole would be for Youngkin to win by about 8. Maybe then the progs would get the idea that CRT and the rest of the indoctrination agenda actually have a political downside. Youngkin says he will ban CRT. If that happens, it affects a lot of future elections everywhere.

Comment

• NEWS ALERT
                        Biden Administration in Talks to Pay Hundreds of Millions to Immigrant Families Separated at Border
                        The Biden administration is in talks to offer immigrant families that were separated during the Trump administration around $450,000 a person in compensation, according to people familiar with the matter, as several agencies work to resolve lawsuits filed on behalf of parents and children who say the government subjected them to lasting psychological trauma.

Comment

• Youngkin wins and Republicans start dominating the school debate again...until they overreach and things swing back the other way. And back and forth we go.

Already a candidate for AG in Texas is demanding every public school in the state inform him if they have any of these 850 books in their school library. Not if they're part of the curriculum, just if it's possible for a student to find them in the school library. You can bet it's not because he wants to promote them.

State Rep. Matt Krause, a candidate for state attorney general, asked school superintendents to confirm whether any books on a list of 850 titles are in their libraries and classrooms.

Comment

• Speaking of the WSJ, to their credit their editorial board (all right-wingers) debunked Trump's letter that they published yesterday. As they correctly point out, his election lies are "bananas"

Comment

• They shouldn't have run it in the first place.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                                They shouldn't have run it in the first place.
                                I mostly agree but they could've just published his letter without comment or given praise like OANN or the Federalist would've done. Instead they (under criticism) hand-picked a sampling of his claims and debunked them.

Comment

Working...
                                X