Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I mostly agree but they could've just published his letter without comment or given praise like OANN or the Federalist would've done. Instead they (under criticism) hand-picked a sampling of his claims and debunked them.
    Only after there was backlash.

The damage was already done.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Can anyone who is watching this more closely than I explain to me why the MSM is reporting the failure of the House to pass the two bills on the table is because Manchin and Senima won't vote yes for them. The news this morning goes something like this: Headline is Congress fails to pass Biden's agenda, mentions "progressives say it's not enough" then show pictures of Sinema and Manchin stating they are holding up the two bills.

I thought the progressive caucus, led by Jayapal had walked out of meetings with Biden and Pelosi yesterday stating they are solid "no" for voting on the infrastructure bill - as I understand it the lead in bill that is also somehow tied to the BBB Bill - asserting that the two bills have to be voted on together.

As I see it, its the progressive caucus holding this up, not Manchin and Senima. What gives?
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• The progs agreed to it last night after the full text of the social unicorn bill was released. Both bills will pass in the coming days. The media is attacking Manchin and Sinema because they are the primary reasons the original wish list was cut in half. I saw a headline this morning calling Manchin "cruel" because, he bargained out the 12 week paid family leave provision. He stated, correctly, that we have entitlement trust funds that will be insolvent in 5 years so we shouldn't be adding more entitlements. Well, duh. But he's cruel. Whatever.

The progs were holding the infrastructure bill hostage because they wanted to force the Senate into adopting their wish list in the "free shit for everyone" bill. Manchin and Sinema told them no and they ultimately decided half of what they wanted is better than zero.

EDIT: As I understand it, the plans have all been agreed to by the D caucus in both houses. They just need to schedule the votes now. The two bills amount to ONLY $3,000,000,000,000. On top of the $6,000,000,000,000 we spent on Covid relief. If anyone has noticed, things seem to be going much worse despite the trillions pumped into the economy to "fix" it.
        Last edited by Mike; October 29, 2021, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• I can explain it -- the MSM has been and remains blatantly in the tank for the Left. And Sinema and Manchin ain't the Left. The Progs are.

My wife echoed the same talking points to me last night and she HATES the Progs. But she was even blaming Sinema and Manchin.

BTW, if you haven't had a chance to enjoy the Joe Rogan/Ivermectin/CNN story, it's completely fantastic and just one more piece of evidence to add to the mountain.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• They care so little about governing and only about creating and/or spending on government programs that we won't even know what half the Reconcilation Bill does for months. Maybe years.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• We'll know what it does soon enough.

It starts with "Bend Over, America, here it comes"...
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It’s already working wonders. Look at all the rain California got!

Comment

• Biden administration is planning to pay $450,000 per person to individuals who were subjected to Trump's "zero tolerance" immigration policy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/annakap...h=67f658f866f4

KEY FACTS
                  • The U.S. Departments of Justice, Homeland Security and Health and Human Services are in talks to offer each person who had been separated $450,000, the Journal reports, citing multiple sources close to the discussions.
                  • The offer comes to nearly $1 million per family, as most families who crossed the border included one parent and one child, though the Journal reports the official number could change.
                  • It is unclear how many people will be eligible for the settlement, but about 940 families have reportedly filed claims.
                  So we're approaching a $100,000,000 giveaway to people who knowingly broke our immigration laws. Expect that number to multiply. We're way past free healthcare and food stamps now.

Comment

• Manchin did say something kind of funny when told the Progs wanted him to come out strongly in favor of the Reconciliation bill. He said Biden already promised them he was on board. If they think Biden's promise is no good, why should they trust some statement from Manchin?

Something will pass next week. They've got a few more days to fight over what's getting cut and what's not. There will be lots of public posturing about how they'd rather die than see a pet project cut, but in the end they'll pass it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Biden administration is planning to pay $450,000 per person to individuals who were subjected to Trump's "zero tolerance" immigration policy.

KEY FACTS
                      • The U.S. Departments of Justice, Homeland Security and Health and Human Services are in talks to offer each person who had been separated $450,000, the Journal reports, citing multiple sources close to the discussions.
                      • The offer comes to nearly $1 million per family, as most families who crossed the border included one parent and one child, though the Journal reports the official number could change.
                      • It is unclear how many people will be eligible for the settlement, but about 940 families have reportedly filed claims.
                      So we're approaching a $100,000,000 giveaway to people who knowingly broke our immigration laws. Expect that number to multiply. We're way past free healthcare and food stamps now.
                      Not sure if I saw it in the article but I did see elsewhere where the thinking was if the migrants WIN these lawsuits, not a small possibility, it would likely cost the govt even more. Maybe, maybe not. The politics of it are awful for sure.

Comment

• These people can't run a lemonade stand but they're going to implement sweeping entitlement programs... I guess the good news is a lot of the money likely will never be spent. Much like the rental assistance money that was allocated 6 months ago and only 20% has been used. Such list are exhaustive.

The childcare program only lasts 6 years and it will probably take half that time to get it up and running. Like the Medicare expansion, there is the probability that many red states won't participate anyway. It's a very expensive gambit to hope more people become dependent on government programs and then fight Republican opposition down the road. The Rs will, of course, cave in and never let it lapse but all this stuff has a built in self-destruct button. None of it is permanent per the proposed legislation, only if future congresses let it become so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Not sure if I saw it in the article but I did see elsewhere where the thinking was if the migrants WIN these lawsuits, not a small possibility, it would likely cost the govt even more. Maybe, maybe not. The politics of it are awful for sure.
                          It sounds to me like that is the government's settlement offer.

Comment

• Adam Kinzinger won't run again. One less Republican who refused to kiss the ring and lick Dear Leader's feet

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

When I was stationed in Grand River back around 1990 he used to call into the local sports talk radio. I can't remember the host's name, but he used to call Trivisonno Mr Know-it-all and act like the calls bothered him. I found out later that the host used to call him on slow nights. While I was still there, Trivisonno got his own radio show off the back of his calls. I don't remember what his sports takes were like, but he sure liked to hear himself talk.
                              Forgot to go back and comment on this, CGVT. That was Pete Franklin's show that he used to call into. Franklin was sort of a pioneer of the asshole sports host style

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Biden administration is planning to pay $450,000 per person to individuals who were subjected to Trump's "zero tolerance" immigration policy.

KEY FACTS
                                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Working...
                                X