No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well despite being allowed to count the early vote ahead of time, this is going slower in Virginia than I was expecting. Tons of counties not reporting anything yet. Everywhere from Trump country to Hampton Roads to the DC burbs

Comment

• Re Rittenhouse

All 17 year olds with high powered rifles should be allowed to have someone take them across state lines to roam city streets that are not his and "defend" private property not his or any family member?

Many could argue that as a 17 y/o he is not fully cognitively developed. Blame militia online propaganda and rightwing media disinformation for setting the stage. The most serious charges, 1st degree homicide and 1st degree attempted homicide, I can see acquittal, The other charges, counts 1, 2, 5 and 6, will stick and rightfully so.
      I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• I think they find a way to find him guilty on Counts 2 or 5, and 6. Personally, I think the only one that should a slam dunk is 6. But IANAL.

COUNT 1
        First-degree reckless homicide

COUNTS 2 AND 5
        First-degree recklessly endangering safety

COUNT 3
        First-degree intentional homicide

COUNT 4
        Attempted first-degree intentional homicide

COUNT 6
        Possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• "Across state lines" to make it ominous sounding. Odd coming from a Midwestern sports fan page where we are all aware of people that live in MI but work in OH. Or that he lived closer to Kenosha than most of our daily commutes.

why was he there?? There's video of that.
          why did he need a gun? There's video of that.
          Was he there solely to kill people? There's video of that.
          Was he acting in self defense? There's video of that too.

And reckless? I see restraint and proficiency.
          Last edited by Kapture1; November 2, 2021, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• Count 6 is the only thing he should be convicted of. I think the jury will see how transparently political the case is. They have utterly no credibility on their top charges and that will hurt them on others.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Jon, the witness that was called today was his close friend who was dating Kyle’s sister. He lives in Wisconsin near or in Kenosha (I can’t remember which). Kyle lives in Antioch, IL which is only 20 miles away. He served as a life guard in Kenosha and spent a lot of time there.

As for the weapon in question, it was purchased by his friend with money given to him from Rittenhouse. The buyer made an agreement that the gun would stay at his father’s house in Kenosha until Kyle turned 18. They both had ARs that were kept in the father’s gun safe in the garage of his home. It was unclear how Kyle took possession of the weapon because neither the son nor Kyle had the combination to the safe.

it was later insinuated that the dad got them out when all hell broke loose in downtown Kenosha out of caution that their home could be in danger.

My takeaway was that the folks in Kenosha took steps to stay on the right side of the law. The gun was legally his friend’s and never crossed state lines. They had family property that they would hunt and shoot in and that’s the only time Kyle had access to the weapon prior to the riots.

They weren’t part of some right wing militia group either. They were hired by the owners of a string of 3 used car lots in Kenosha who suffered substantial damage the first two nights of the riots. What’s so damning is that business owners who were having their livelihoods destroyed had to resort to hiring random dudes off the street to maintain law and order because the actual police were sidelined by feckless politicians who knelt before a violent mob.
              Last edited by Mike; November 2, 2021, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Youngkin doing quite well. McAuliffe behind 200k votes with 50% reporting. Could be pretty close in the end but Youngkin doing better overall.

Loudoun County has been the focus of a lot of stories recently and turnout is way above what was expected. It's mostly counted and McAuliffe currently leads 55-44. It's not clear what type of votes are left (mail-ins favor him). But that percentage is probably not good enough to cover where's he's underperforming Biden and Northam.

Comment

• Sounds like Rs and Youngkin are doing pretty well at this point in Virginia. Close race.

Based on the 2020 Election, hard to takeaway anything right now because some said the Presidential race was going well for Trump at 8:30pm on election night last year.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Wasserman calling it for Youngkin, fwiw

Comment

• Biden won Loudon by 25

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Wasserman calling it for Youngkin, fwiw
                        Wow. That’s definitely FWIW. I can’t see it not being razor close.

Comment

• Will be interesting to see the margin in NJ, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Wasserman calling it for Youngkin, fwiw
                            Wow, the genius of reading political margins calling it early. Shocking.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I’ll say it again…best thing the Ds have going for them is that it’s not 2022 or 2024. There’s a chance the Ds might lose BIG statewide in VIRGINIA.

I would hope they take this as some sort of warning instead of a dare to triple down. But, that’s not what either party does.

Comment

• Just read a live blog that has Youngkin up 14 points with 51% of precincts reporting. London County is only +5 for McCaulife. That won’t get it done.

Comment

Working...
                                X