No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night was even worse than I expected for the Ds. I mean, NJ is going to be a narrow win for the Ds.

They have 12 months to right the ship or, perhaps more likely, hope for a huge improvement in whatever today's circumstances are. Or they are going to get shellacked. Like NContract with America shellacked.

And, yet, I'm sure the lesson they will earn is "We we're progressive enough..."
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Had no idea NJ was going to be that close.
      Appears like Murphy will win indeed.

Interesting one is the Buffalo mayor race.
      The write-in ballot incumbent Ds candidate Byron Brown is going to defeat Ds/ Ps India Walton. Brown lost in the Ds primary to Walton 51-44. He ran a write-ballot campaign and apparently gained the support of centrist Ds, independents, and Rs to defeat the far left progressive Walton.
      I wonder if we’ll see this happen in the future if a progressive narrowly wins a Ds primary…
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• He was a pretty popular mayor who fell victim to the primary system (take note, Mike). It's amazing that he was able to so decisively win the general (looks like roughly 16-18 points) running a pure mail-in campaign.

Again, we'd have much better candidates, IMO, if we were picking candidates through a primary system. But, it is what it is. I haven't actually thought it through enough, but what California does -- with a general primary that sorts out the top two vote getters -- may have some value. But, again, I'm not quite sure if that would make a difference. Need to think on it.

I am 100% sure the primary system up-filters extreme candidates. I actually prefer good ol' fashioned machine politics to that.

Comment

• Oh, and yes, to reiterate -- NJ ought to scare the fucking shit out of Ds.

I'm not sure that 12 months will change much. I'm not sure "transitory" inflation is going to be transitory enough. I'm not sure Covid is going to go away because, well, The Media and Ds are hellbent on being Covid-Zero freaks. I'm fairly sure The Chairman ain't getting any less doddering and incoherent. I'm fairly sure the Progs are still gonna run that party.

Comment

• The D bloodbath is similar to the bloodbath about to happen Saturday afternoon in Lincoln...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Allow me to climb atop my soap box for a moment.

Re: Henry Ruggs and killing someone while driving drunk. The Raiders have released him. With endorsements and salary combined, he was making about $7 million a year. Take a fucking uber. Rich people tend to get away with this kinda crime, but he needs to be in jail and stay there. He destroyed his own life along with the life of the family of the person he killed. Just a crying shame.

Starting my adult life as a paramedic just showed me too much of this heartbreak. You can’t put a dead kid -who died of the actions of a drunk- in your ambulance without it making an indelible mark on your psyche.

Drink at home, form a Designated Driver Pact with a few friends, or Uber.

Myself and 3 friends have a DD-Pact. We rotate who the DD is. The 3 three drinkers chip in and buy gas, meals, and entertainment (Top Golf, etc, but not usually big time sporting venue tickets). It works great. It saves money, gives your liver a break, keeps you and others financially and physically safe, and you get to see -first hand- how obnoxious and ridiculous drunks are (which serves to make me drink less when I’m one of the drinkers).

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                Oh, and yes, to reiterate -- NJ ought to scare the fucking shit out of Ds.

I'm not sure that 12 months will change much. I'm not sure "transitory" inflation is going to be transitory enough. I'm not sure Covid is going to go away because, well, The Media and Ds are hellbent on being Covid-Zero freaks. I'm fairly sure The Chairman ain't getting any less doddering and incoherent. I'm fairly sure the Progs are still gonna run that party.
                Yeah, they're fucked. 2022 is gonna be a bloodbath and justifiably so.

Comment

• Interesting idea when it comes to the primary system…

Hopefully last night wanes out or eliminates the defund the police movement. Like yeah, some changes were needed after 2020. It went way to far though.
                  I consider myself independent in many ways, but that stands out as one of the worst political positions in recent memory. Even Brian Williams on MSNBC described it as the most toxic political position during last night’s election coverage.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• New Jersey is a shocker. None of the election gurus I follow seem clear on what votes are still outstanding. Seems like it would be mail-ins that ought to favor Murphy but I haven't seen anyone say this definitively.

Comment

• BTW, I haven't confirmed it myself, but some R on CNN was pointing out that Youngkin won rural Virginia counties by wider margins than Trump. It's not beyond reason that any Dems still living in those counties will on the whole trend more conservative and if frustrated by the national Dems, could find Youngkin appealing in a way they wouldn't with Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                        Interesting idea when it comes to the primary system…

Hopefully last night wanes out or eliminates the defund the police movement. Like yeah, some changes were needed after 2020. It went way to far though.
                        I consider myself independent in many ways, but that stands out as one of the worst political positions in recent memory. Even Brian Williams on MSNBC described it as the most toxic political position during last night’s election coverage.
                        Black voters don’t support DEFUND!!!! White Progs are probably only group where it polls above water. And they run the party.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          BTW, I haven't confirmed it myself, but some R on CNN was pointing out that Youngkin won rural Virginia counties by wider margins than Trump. It's not beyond reason that any Dems still living in those counties will on the whole trend more conservative and if frustrated by the national Dems, could find Youngkin appealing in a way they wouldn't with Trump.
                          I don’t think he got as many votes, but margins were similar. Obviously, in a suburban state you have to do well enough in suburbs. Blacksburg ain’t gonna carry you

Comment

• Comment

• D's are in huge doodoo. Most disturbing exit poll from blue state Virginia...65% of VA voters say country is headed in the wrong direction.

Oye. 2 of 3?

2022/24 Bloodbaths are coming.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• STFU

Comment

Working...
                                X