No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you post smart stuff like that it makes me feel funny. Like when I climbed the rope in gym class...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      JMOL is based on the idea that no reasonable jury could find any other way. A mistrial is based on misconduct with the severity thereof determining whether it’s with prejudice (final) or without prejudice (can refile). They’re different rulings.

JMOLs and directed verdicts are essentially the same thing.
      I can see a case could probably be made for a ruling from the bench either way..... mistrial or JMOL.
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        If the jury comes back with a guilty verdict and the judge rules a mistrial, the Floyd riots will look like a day at the park.
        That will be fun.

Comment

• I don't understand why there would be vfc riots. His victims were not minorities. Just another excuse for BLM/Antifa/Progs/ Dems/Libs/Chairman Joe to grandstand?

Nevermind. Just answered my own question.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Things in Eastern Europe getting tense. Germany "temporarily" suspended certification for the Nord Stream II pipeline. It's a technicality but it could delay it for up to a year. Putin won't be happy. Meanwhile there's a migrant crisis on the Polish-Belarussian border and some believe Russians are massing troops near the Ukrainian border again.

Comment

• Well, fortunately we know that Putin won't get away with anything. The Chairman is obviously not Putin's Cock Holster so Putin knows he's fucked if he steps out of line. I mean, fuck, this whole Russia-Ukraine thing started when PDJT was in office, if he was in office in 2014, but it surely ends the fuck now!
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Re Bannon, I think it's probably a really bad move by the DOJ to indict him on what amounts to misdemeanors. The DOJ already had a sort of KGB look to it with its collusion with Teachers' Unions to go after "domestic terrorist" parents who dare voice disapproval of wildly left-wing curricuulum. Going after Bannon is also obviously political.

Second, it elevates Bannon and sort of resuscitates him. Maybe that's actually good news for the Ds and part of their plan. I dunno. But it gives him a platform. And, for that matter, I think he has a pretty decent chance to win -- which will only bolster his standing amongst Trumpians. And furthermore, as mentioned, it's a fucking misdemeanor so he has almost zero risk in fighting this shit.

If Garland -- who I am so glad is not on the Supreme Court -- was at all sensible he'd wait out DJT's crumbling executive privilege claims and then enforce the subpoena against Bannon. As it currently stands, Bannon has a tailor-made defense -- I didn't think I had to comply b/c of executive privilege. And whether he's right or wrong on that is irrelevant -- the intent standard is WILLFUL which means he actually thought that then he's innocent.

Whatever. I'm more irritated that this shit is far more likely to turn Bannon into a folk hero of some sort when he was basically relegated to the shadows.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• A reinvigorated Trump World is probably the D's best chance at limiting the damage in 2022.

Comment

• A HS kid was suspended from a football game because he voiced belief in the gender binary:

A New Hampshire student-athlete has filed a lawsuit against his school district after he was suspended from a football game for allegedly expressing his views that there are “only two genders.”

Just wow. Glad he’s suing. Hopefully, he gets a few million - or whatever is enough to sufficiently sting the school district to effect change.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Kyle was allowed to choose his own jurors from a raffle barrel. Apparently, this is very unusual. Many think that this will help Kyle with the jurors on an emotional basis.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        A HS kid was suspended from a football game because he voiced belief in the gender binary:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...l-district.amp

Just wow. Glad he’s suing. Hopefully, he gets a few million - or whatever is enough to sufficiently sting the school district to effect change.
                        For whatever reason, that link looks fried:

A New Hampshire student-athlete has filed a lawsuit against his school district after he was suspended from a football game for allegedly expressing his views that there are “only two genders.”

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          Kyle was allowed to choose his own jurors from a raffle barrel. Apparently, this is very unusual. Many think that this will help Kyle with the jurors on an emotional basis.
                          That seems ill-advised. Hopefully, that’s how Schroeder usually does it so it’s at least consistent with past practice.

Comment

• does that mean he draws numbers at random to see what the final makeup of the jury will be?

Comment

Attached Files
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                                does that mean he draws numbers at random to see what the final makeup of the jury will be?
                                Correct. They are still randomly selected but it's usually done by the court clerk. It's just one more thing the lefties will rant about that has no impact on the case whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                                X