No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiz can also sing the entire catalog of Orleans songs. Got any requests?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      No news on deliberations....
      That in and of itself is pretty disturbing. That even 1 out of 12 or 2 out of 12 could say "guilty" after looking at the case is pretty frightening. Just about every other case is going to be less open and shut.
      Last edited by Hannibal; November 18, 2021, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• That assumes everyone on the jury is rational and logical. Finding 12 people to agree that water is wet is a challenge these days. I've predicted a hung jury since closing arguments and I stand by it. There's at least 1 or 2 people who will never acquit him. It's hard for some people to understand that shooting someone can be justified. Fortunately, they need all 12 to convict and I think that's a monumental task. I could see a scenario where they are hung on count 1 (and therefore 2) but acquit on the rest. If that happens I think the thing gets tossed and it will be up to Binger if he wants to retry it.

Comment

• He'll retry it. The Left will not let this one go. They'll try at as a Federal Civil Rights case if they have to. It's a political persecution and it won't stop.

Comment

• As well, I had said a while ago that the Wisconsin law that pertains to charges 1 and 2 is difficult to understand and that the lesser components of it have to be addressed makes it even more complicated.

After I read the instructions to the jury - some 20 pages - my head was spinning. The jury is made up of average working joes form in an around Kenosha. I have no idea how many of them have college degrees. The law is complicated for trained lawyers let alone lay people trying to understand the if, then and therefores of it.

Anyone recall taking the GRE and it's three parts? I think it's changed a bit since I took it 30y ago but there was a logic component in there that tested your ability to go down a logic tree - exactly what layers are trained to do - it wasn't easy and you got points for speed reading the problems and then getting to the right answer. Not for the usual intellectual acumen of a typical HS graduate and depending on the quality of a college education, maybe not for them either.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• You have to remember that his fate is being decided by 12 people who weren't even smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Was that a Seinfeld joke? I can't remember but I'm paraphrasing someone.

Comment

• https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEbavRIX...jpg&name=small

she was my favorite witness too
                Last edited by crashcourse; November 18, 2021, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• they banned msnbc from the trial lmao --hope it goes another few days just for the joy of that being played out

Comment

You have to remember that his fate is being decided by 12 people who weren't even smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Was that a Seinfeld joke? I can't remember but I'm paraphrasing someone.
                    Dennis Miller, I believe
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That sounds right.

Comment

• Miller's humor was funnier when the absurdities that he lambasted weren't the absolute realities that they have become.

Comment

• Think I’ve seen Chris Christie on like every channel (trying to watch Rittenhouse case news…) in the last week. MSNBC, Fox News, CNN, and Comedy Central.

Not sure if it’s just Christie trying to sell his book or if he wants to run in 2024.

Definitely overexposure of Chris Christie. Please stop it.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I read somewhere recently that he plans to run again. Probably a good way to raise money for fancy dinners.

Comment

Local Kenosha paper has the scoop.

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/loc...9a2558543.htmlhttps://www.kenoshanews.com/news/loc...9a2558543.html

NBC producer tried to photograph Kyle Rittenhouse jurors, judge says

According to the KPD, no pictures of any jurors were actually taken by the individual. Judge Bruce Schroeder said the person identified themselves as "James J. Morrison who claimed he was a producer for NBC News, employed by MSNBC."

Morrison allegedly said he was told to follow the jury bus by his boss in New York, identified as Irene Byon. "He was taken in for violating a traffic control signal," Schroeder said.

Channel 5 Chicago (NBC) confirmed that an NBC producer was the party involved Thursday morning.

DEMOCRACY DIES IN DARKNESS
                              wow, fuck MSNBC. Their hot takes throughout this trial have been utter shit, trying to make this into a case about race and white supremacy.

Irene Byon from NBC just deleted her twitter and linkdin accounts lmao
                              Last edited by Kapture1; November 18, 2021, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• MSNBC crossed state lines to intermediate a jury.

Comment

Working...
                                X