Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Oh bullshit..

My argument is that you don't go to war unless you are a soldier.

That is the essence of it.
    Medics go to war too

Comment

• This is pretty quick, interesting and hilariously sad read: https://freebeacon.com/campus/a-yale...im-to-account/

How the seemingly innocuous can land you in bad graces of Woke Administrators.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• People lose their minds with the “bad place/bad time” arguments. “He shouldn’t have been there, so fuck him.”

As most know, I grew up in and around New Orleans. I’ve heard otherwise good people say “they got what they deserved” when someone gets raped or shot or beaten half to death on the edge of the French Quarter at 3am.

Trying to convict Kyle of homicide is a close relative of that species of victim-blaming. You shouldn’t give up the right of self-defense due to some bad place/bad time designation that those folks have levied, but with each day the Rittenhouse trial drags on, it looks like that’s where we’re heading.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Exactly

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Oh, I know. It ain’t my position.
            Yeah, I know. But that's the argument being made by the Left.

Defund the police, we'll police our communities.
            WHOOPS.

We may want to consider the left's entire prescription for this country and how antithetical it is to our founding principles, and look ahead to where it leads. Your very own right to self defense is on trial, this kid goes away for life for what was clearly self defense, what of America, as an ideal, remains? Rule of law?
            Personal liberty?
            Free speech?
            Free thought?
            Your right to not have a medical procedure and make a living?

Sorry, hard not to be cynical. Listening to this bullshit knowing how many people want this, we're to the point of arranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Comment

• Wandering out of the Quarter a 3 am and grabbing your gun and driving to a problem area to play Rambo are not even remotely the same thing.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Legally driving 20 minutes to Kenosha. Legally carrying a gun. Legally walking around.

If you act legally you lose your right to self-defense.

Comment

• And, again, it’s crystal clear law enforcement wasn’t doing their job. When that happens the answer is, ummmm, MOB RULE!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      Wandering out of the Quarter a 3 am and grabbing your gun and driving to a problem area to play Rambo are not even remotely the same thing.
                      First, “play Rambo?” Come on. That’s not close to what he did.

Second, not even remotely? Sure it is:

1) Both are dangerous places and dangerous times.
                      2) Carrying a rifle in Wisconsin is as legal as walking the Quarter at 3am.
                      3) In both cases, some people think that the bad place/bad time condition assigns guilt or negates rights.

But, look, I am not here to try and convince you. I will never understand your take on this and apparently that feeling is mutual.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Probably opening myself up to fire here but LET 'ER RIP!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

First, “play Rambo?” Come on. That’s not close to what he did.

Second, not even remotely? Sure it is:

1) Both are dangerous places and dangerous times.
                          2) Carrying a rifle in Wisconsin is as legal as walking the Quarter at 3am.
                          3) In both cases, some people think that the bad place/bad time condition assigns guilt or negates rights.

But, look, I am not here to try and convince you. I will never understand your take on this and apparently that feeling is mutual.
                          What he did may have been legal. That certainly doesn't make it right.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• DSL

I’d definitely view it in the context of $4T we’ve spent this year and in the context of “transitory” inflation. But, eh, politicians gonna politic. Right? Do you want me to play back The Chairman’s classics on this same bill?

Comment

• Rittenhouse wasn't playing Rambo. If he was, it was the worst Rambo impersonation ever.

He was more like Barney Fife with an automatic weapon. He spent more time running away, than he did shooting.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                DSL

I’d definitely view it in the context of $4T we’ve spent this year and in the context of “transitory” inflation. But, eh, politicians gonna politic. Right? Do you want me to play back The Chairman’s classics on this same bill?
                                Not sure if you saw but I posted an interview last week with Larry Summers, who conservatives have been holding up as something like a god this past year on inflation, and he said he supported both the infrastructure bill and BBB. He said neither bill would contribute in any significant way to inflation because both had significant pay-fors in them and were spread out over years and years. He blames the covid relief for inflation, not these bills.

Good guy Republican Rob Portman (not a BBB supporter) also claimed the Infrastructure bill at least would not contribute to inflation.

Comment

Working...
                                X