No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think it's a stretch to say the economy under Trump was good and under Biden it is a failure.
    Trump had four years of unfettered and expanding global trade and business activity that benefitted the US on multiple levels. Admittedly, he had something to do with enabling that but I won't give him complete credit for it like Geeze would like us to think he deserves.

Biden OTH, stepped into a presidency where he was bound to fail. COVID had a lot to do with that. Nevertheless, his embracing the "free shit" policies of the far left - none of which he is going to get passed - and down loading helicopter money into the US economy (a fiscal not a monetary policy - so as it is, he is entirely responsible for) has brought us $20 fast food meals, $100 dinners for two at an average chain restaurant, $18 dollar martinis at your favorite and ordinary bar, grocery bills 3X higher than they were at the start of 2019, neutered and ineffective nation wide law enforcement and the blatant lawlessness that entails and any number of shit-storms you care to list. Biden is a failure of massive proportion compared to the "orange menace" who was indeed egomaniacal in such a huge way it overshadowed outcomes he was probably at least somewhat responsible for.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Jesus Christ, did you copy that straight from the Trump campaign website or from Kayleigh McEnay's binder?

I'm sure you put a lot of time and effort into verifying all those "facts" too. You're always so careful to make sure what you post is true
      Nope. Just googled it and took the top link. I'm happy to hear your objections. I propose those statements as facts. Are you too lazy to rebut them?

Basically, you and I will always disagree because you believe in an ever bigger government and I believe in less government. One reason I focus on tax cuts is that they have such a salutary effect in defunding government intrusion. I want to be left alone. You want to rule me. That is a fundamental difference. Maybe if you got a real job that is not government-dependent, you would see things differently.

Comment

• Trump was hit with the pandemic as well. The shutdowns hit his economy very hard. Biden gets no pass for Covid if we are comparing the two. The inflationary actions of the inept Biden administration...as well as his energy and tax policies are what are crippling him now. You cant inject the monies into an economy like he did without causing severe inflation. You can't print your way out of his mess. The Fed is going to have to clean up Chairman Poopypants debacle.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You can't blame Geezer for his Googling. After all...the Veep has endorsed Googling.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Nope. Just googled it and took the top link. I'm happy to hear your objections. I propose those statements as facts. Are you too lazy to rebut them?

Basically, you and I will always disagree because you believe in an ever bigger government and I believe in less government. One reason I focus on tax cuts is that they have such a salutary effect in defunding government intrusion. I want to be left alone. You want to rule me. That is a fundamental difference. Maybe if you got a real job that is not government-dependent, you would see things differently.
            I have a job that's not govt dependent, you sanctimonious twat. And no, I won't do your homework for you. I can see the levels of rigorous research you go through before reaching all of your opinions.

Comment

• Regarding Talent's observation that the Dems filibustered the Cruz bill
              Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

It's all going to end up scrapped anyways once he invades Ukraine.
              Again, not dealing with the point. Talent was discussing hypocracy, not Ukraine policy.

Comment

I have a job that's not govt dependent, you sanctimonious twat. And no, I won't do your homework for you. I can see the levels of rigorous research you go through before reaching all of your opinions.
                Yes, I understand you have no response to actual facts. Pitiful.

How about debating the actual issue of you wanting ever more government and me wanting less. That is the split that is destroying this country.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                  Trump was hit with the pandemic as well. The shutdowns hit his economy very hard. Biden gets no pass for Covid if we are comparing the two. The inflationary actions of the inept Biden administration...as well as his energy and tax policies are what are crippling him now. You cant inject the monies into an economy like he did without causing severe inflation. You can't print your way out of his mess. The Fed is going to have to clean up Chairman Poopypants debacle.
                  Trump signed his name to two of the three covid packages. The Fed flooded the market with money for most of 2020 with Trump cheering them on.

Trump doesn't get a complete pass here if you're trying to point to what caused inflation. If he had won reelection, we'd be dealing with inflationary problems still. Maybe he wouldn't have passed the 3rd covid package.

Comment

• I actually somewhat agree. The first couple of stimuli one could argue were needed as people...through no fault of their own...were being hit...small biz...low income workers...restaurant and hospitality industries. After we had a more clear picture of what Covid was and what it wasn't...people should have been allowed to live normally again. Biden and his administration and leftist state and local governments chose to continue lockdowns and federal aid. Yes Trump did it as well. Biden's was a different situation and on a much more grandiose scale. However your weak note is duly noted.

dumbass
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Yes, I understand you have no response to actual facts. Pitiful.

How about debating the actual issue of you wanting ever more government and me wanting less. That is the split that is destroying this country.

Making sure that what Geezer posts is accurate sounds like a good job for Geezer, not DSL. Have you been ruled too infirm and riddled with dementia to handle your own affairs? I don't believe I was ever appointed your Guardian. Show some initiative for once in your life and put in the time to do your own homework.

Now bugger off to lunch there at Shady Acres. I hear they're serving tapioca again.

Comment

• respect your elders ya lil snot nosed twatwaffle
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                          respect your elders ya lil snot nosed twatwaffle
                          shaddup

Comment

• Figured this was coming but it's big news for Ohio. Supreme Court strikes down the congressional map drawn by the state GOP. It would have produced a pretty easy 12-3 Republican advantage, possibly even 13-2.

In particular the Court criticized the way Hamilton, Summit, and Cuyahoga counties were split. Hamilton was split three ways for no justifiable reason. Akron was cut off from most of its suburbs and instead thrown in with extremely Republican rural areas 70 miles away.

Redistricting: Ohio Supreme Court strikes down congressional map (dispatch.com)

Comment

shaddup
                              My little protege is learning
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• More big Ohio news. Intel is near an announcement that they will be building a huge factory and complex on the edge of the Columbus area.

Intel factory near Columbus, Ohio: What to know about site, project (dispatch.com)

Intel, Ohio officials planning announcement on chip factory - cleveland.com

Comment

Working...
                                X