No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya know, you can tell people things are great or things are shitty, but they all have their lived experience and most aren’t fooled into think their reality is actually make-believe. It’s a lot like telling people Lia Thomas is just another women. I mean, Progs swallow that shit but the for those of acquainted with reality we know better.

The Chairman will get tons of credit for the economy when people are actually feeling it’s good (well, by “tons” I mean enough independent support to maybe sniff the high 40s).

However, telling people that inflation is transitory, that, ok, it’s real but it’s the fault of the Rs for not passing the $3T boondoggle, wait, um it’s all Putin’s fault. People ain’t THAT stupid. Nor does anyone who is at all familiar with actual Jim Crow think The Chairman is anything other than idiotic race-baiter on the Ds efforts the federalize all elections.

The Chairman has been a clownshow. The only thing he has going for him is that he looks slightly less incompetent in comparison to his VP.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He is making Jimmy Carter look acceptable.

Ok that might be a reach. But not by much.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I re-watched Mississippi Burning last week, and I thought, yeah only 18 days of early voting is pretty much way worse than this.

Comment

• JIM CROW ON STEROIDS!!!

15 DAYS TO FLATTEN THE CURVE!!!

RUSSIAN DISINFORMATION!!!

INFLATION IS TRANSITORY!!!

MOSTLY PEACEFUL PROTESTS!!!

JANUARY 6TH COMPARED TO 9/11 AND PEARL HARBOR!!!

DEFUND...NO WAIT...FUND...NO...DE...

Lies were repeated over and over and over. The MSM and Big Tech were complicit. November is going to be a bloodbath.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It won’t be a bloodbath. The Ds have done a very good job gerrymandering, so they’re in decent shape. Plus, November is a long time. I have zero belief that The Chairman will do anything to improve shit, but some things will improve on their own. Covid, e.g.

We’ll see. I expect a small R majority in the House and I’m just not sure on the Senate until I see how badly R primaries go. They could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for sure.

Comment

• Be confident Talent. I think we take both houses. Big in the House...small margin in Senate. Things are going to get worse and there is already more covid variant bullshit cropping up...don't count out the idiocy of the left and blue states to continue to fuck things up...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Belarus railroad workers sabotaged supply lines

The General Prosecutor of Belarus opened a criminal case into what it called an act of terrorism carried out b

Comment

• I wish someone would sabotage your supply lines...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    People ain’t THAT stupid.
                    But, here's the thing - there really are people that are THAT stupid in this country.

Comment

• Many post here.

CGVT, froot, Jon, DSL just to name a few...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                        Be confident Talent. I think we take both houses. Big in the House...small margin in Senate. Things are going to get worse and there is already more covid variant bullshit cropping up...don't count out the idiocy of the left and blue states to continue to fuck things up...
                        They’ll get majorities in both houses but the big question is whether the Republicans will display any balls or whether the Mitt Romney Wing cucks will control the show.

Comment

• EFZ
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Here is a good brief history of the Hunter Biden e-mails and the massive institutional cover-up involved.

Where are the consequences for all of the liars in the intelligene community who said that it was "Russian misinformation?"
                            Last edited by Hannibal; March 19, 2022, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• I think this is NRO Plus, so, unfortunately for DSL, he probably can't read it, but Williamson has a really nice, fairly obvious but well-put article on the failures of Autocracies vs., you know, free societies. https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/...flaws/#slide-1

This is the obvious and well-put sentiment:

The old truths remain unchanged: The free world isn’t free because it is rich — it is rich because it is free. Freedom is not only a moral good but also a practical one: Because we have a system that enables us to fail quickly and fail cheaply, we can try many different approaches to social and material problems, throwing everything we have at them and seeing what works. Authoritarian societies, in contrast, have trouble adapting to fluid conditions, often discomfited by problems that cannot be solved with bayonets. One by one, Americans and Germans and Englishmen aren’t any more intelligent than Russians or Chinese or Saudis, but the institutions of free societies — from the free press to competitive elections — enable free people to rally and deploy their collective intelligence in a way that is difficult or impossible in unfree societies
                              It's a sentiment that, if held sincerely, causes folks like me to get very nervous when government institutions start involving themselves too much in market or free activities. It's a sentiment that, at a minimum, causes me to look with great skepticism at Federal government-defined "problems" and the so-called "solutions" which are, almost invariably, either fail to solve the problem or fail to narrowly tailor the solution to the actual problem.

Now, there's certainly a countervailing opinion that a freely-elected government is noble, well-meaning and expert, and that we should generally defer to their conclusions as to both the existence of a certain problem and that the proposed solution will address that problem. Lots of smart people think that.

Comment

• Also surely paywalled, but I liked this article on Energy Policy: https://www.nationalreview.com/magaz...olicy/#slide-1

It's, IMO, pretty fair and focused on the fact that Energy Policy is long-term. What we do today matters most in 10-20 years. Which, I think is what DSL and I noted at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X