No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And regarding Strangelove's pretty colored map above, the left considers you "pro choice" if you believe abortions should be allowed only in cases of rape and incest. That always skews the statistics. Even Right to Life in Michigan believes rape and incest should be valid reasons for very early abortions. So, for the purposes of the Prog/Left, RTL of Michigan is "pro choice".

With that said, Michigan will always allow abortions. Detroit/Wayne County always determines matters like that, and so it will always be legal at some point in Michigan. I'd guess 15 weeks, although Gretch and Nessie would prefer to see Michigan get closer to NY's law.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I don’t think the Left considers that Pro-Choice. Nationally, the majority support access the first trimester abortion and then splinters later in time. No idea where M falls.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'll confess that maybe I've watched a bit too much of ABC's "Good Morning America", where they've had pro-choice guests that have stated that if you believe abortions should be allowed early due to rape and incest, then you are 'pro-choice'.

I'd give $500 to anyone who could convince my wife to stop watching that ABC/Disney crap, but she insists every morning.

Comment

• Wear the mask

Take the jab or lose your job

My body, my choice

Comment

• 289632823_3182541352009159_1046656427309153810_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=l6dya7fEWboAX92esGA&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=00_AT-Uy45PeX8eEreYRO8jqFC59NLJglL7ytRGvYtLnImgdg&oe=62BBC7C2

Didn't we fight a war with people who thought like this not long ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              And regarding Strangelove's pretty colored map above, the left considers you "pro choice" if you believe abortions should be allowed only in cases of rape and incest. That always skews the statistics. Even Right to Life in Michigan believes rape and incest should be valid reasons for very early abortions. So, for the purposes of the Prog/Left, RTL of Michigan is "pro choice".

With that said, Michigan will always allow abortions. Detroit/Wayne County always determines matters like that, and so it will always be legal at some point in Michigan. I'd guess 15 weeks, although Gretch and Nessie would prefer to see Michigan get closer to NY's law.
              I am pretty sure, for the purposes of that map, that being pro-choice means you believe elective abortions should be legal, either with no limits or some limits.

Being pro-life means you want no abortions at all or only with a few exceptions (rape, incest). But just some normal woman who gets pregnant and wants an abortion in Week 5? Nope, not allowed.

And Talent is correct and we've said it here repeatedly, there is broad popular support for first trimester abortions. The laws going into effect in places like Oklahoma (all abortion banned except when mother's life is at stake) are well to the right of national sentiment. That might not matter politically in a place like Oklahoma but it wouldn't fly in Virginia (Youngkin is proposing a ban after Week 15).

Comment

• Posting mainly for Jeff...there's a lot of rumors about the Ukrainians using HIMARS (a rocket system) we gave them to hit targets 60km behind the front lines. Including footage I've seen. Possibly killed another General at a command post

There's also rumors that Putin made an unusual 11PM visit to the Kremlin tonight.

Comment

• Out drinking tonight withh the real people. The ones that work every day. Most of you guys arev going to be hanging from a tall structure within a year. The people have just about had enough.

Comment

• You need to find better friends
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• No, I'm just trying to tell you how the real people think. Most of you here aren't what I see everyday.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
                        No, I'm just trying to tell you how the real people think. Most of you here aren't what I see everyday.
                        I assume you mean you hang with working class people then?
                        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

No, I'm just trying to tell you how the real people think. Most of you here aren't what I see everyday.
                          Please elaborate

Comment

• Putin sent a dozen cruise missiles into Kyiv right after dawn. Likely retaliation for Ukraine's new longer-reach weapons. Right on the eve of G7 and NATO meetings too
                            Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; June 26, 2022, 07:50 AM.

Comment

I’ve worked continuously since I’ve been sixteen, including a stint in the military and just retired the end of last January. I worked my way through college (no college debt of any sort ever), never been a member of a union, still married to my first and only wife and raised two fine boys. I have played by all the rules and worked hard to get where I am at. I have zero debt and a comfortable retirement future. Am I not “real” enough? I can not see what you so plainly do? Do tell so I don’t find myself dangling from a tall structure.
                              I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Jon and I share a lot in how our lives have been led. I started working as a dishwasher at 15, when I lied about my age and told the manager I was 16. I couldn't afford college after I graduated, and I had horrible grades anyway, so I joined the USCG. After 4 years in there, I got out, and went to work for Michigan Bell/AT&T where I worked for 31 years. I've also been married to my first and only wife for 48 years, and raised two young gentlemen who make their mother and I proud every day. One of them is a liberal, and holds a degree from U-M. I now have an absolutely adorable grandson who lights up my life in a way I never expected. I'm semi-retired, drive a local dial-a-ride bus part time, and I proudly draw Social Security, which I earned. I also proudly live in a double-wide in a good community of fine, law-abiding people.

I'm not sure how I can get more 'ordinary' than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X