Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good idea.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Someone on facebook had posted this interesting article from Joe Nocera of the ny times regarding the double standards of the ncaa and how it can effect people. Not sure if I put this in the right thread.

In the world of Division I men’s basketball, the big-shot coach gets a wrist slap and the player gets an iron fist.

Comment

• good post/right thread, Big Geo

The NCAA is indeed a screwed-up organization

Best thing that could happen, assuming we're forever stuck with the NCAA, would be to completely tear up the entire rule book, simplify it to make it more understandable and consistant, while somehow making it possible to go after the roots of problems rather than band-aid solutions that do little or nothing to prevent violations.

Only when crooked agents are kicked out and cheating coaches get life-time bans rather than laughably short and conveniently delayed suspensions only to return to "sin" again and again, will any progress be made to clean things up.

Oh----did I forget someone? Yeah, that's right----A.D.'s and others at the upper levels of administration also should face the threat of long-term "excommunication" for major violations. As long as anyone at any level of the chain of command appears to be above the rules, to be out of reach of meaningful consequences, cheating will continue to get worse.

Comment

• I posted this in the joke thread, thought you might get a laugh.

A U of M fan, an Ohio State fan and a MSU fan are climbing a mountain, arguing about who loves his team more. The MSU fan insists he is the most loyal. "This is for MSU" he yells, and jumps off the mountain. Not to be outdone, the U of M fan is next to profess his love for his team. He yells, "This is for the University of Michigan......!" and pushes the Ohio State fan off the mountain.

Comment

• haha
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Well, I though it was funny too Deb :-)

Comment

• Well, the Worldcrossing site is now officially part of the cyber graveyard. Its no longer accessible. We opened there back in June of 2001. Before that, many of us posted at the Detroit Free Press sports site. The Freep closed that down right after we migrated to the WX site.

I hope everyone got the word as to where we went. I really miss a lot of the guys that we haven't seen in a while.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• RIP, World Crossing! I was leery of swithcing at first, but we've found a great home!

After learning the tricks, this site has very user friendly, I've found.

Well done, all who made the transition possible!

Comment

• Goodbye, world crossing. I fear that our little group here might be dying off. Each year, it seems like we lose one or two more people.

Comment

• talent?

I actually miss the little piss-ant and his repartee.

At some point ..... that would be after the fall of the osu empire and it's evil emperor, jim tressel ..... I will have a big "bowl of dick" (one of his favorite refrains) for him to consume.
                      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• the new home for the CWS...

Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Rankings are out for the friendliest countries in the world.

Canada ranked friendliest country in the world

by Zebunnisa Mirza
                          Canada ranked first, U.S. fourth on the list of the world’s friendliest countries

For a second year in a row, Canada has been ranked the friendliest country in the world, according to a survey conducted by HSBC.
                          Expatriates in over 100 countries were asked to rate their host country in various categories. Forbes then looked at the results of four categories to determine which places were the friendliest: ability to befriend locals, success in learning the local language, capacity for integrating into the community and ease of fitting into the new culture.
                          Here’s the full list:
                          1. Canada
                          2. Bermuda
                          3. South Africa
                          The U.S.
                          5. Australia
                          6. Spain
                          7. France
                          The U.K.
                          9. Malaysia
                          10. Germany
                          11. Mexico
                          12. Thailand
                          13. Bahrain
                          14. Philippines
                          15. Singapore
                          16. Hong Kong
                          17. Russia
                          18. China
                          19. Belgium
                          20. Netherlands
                          21. India
                          22. Switzerland
                          23. United Arab Emirates
                          24. Saudi Arabia
                          25. Qatar

Comment

• Heh, for a second when you said the new home of the CWS, I was thinking "The White Sox are building a new stadium??"

Comment

• I am looking for a UM tee shirt(s) that is plain but has a small block M where a small pocket might be (don't care if it has a pocket or not just a small block M)... something like the golf shirt but in a tee shirt. Thought I saw some years ago that also had a blue contrast around the neckband and end of the sleeves. Anyone see something similar in their travels. I seemed to have visited most of the websites but without luck. Hoping I missed one.

Comment

• I've seen a polo shirt like that but not a tee shirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X