No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts your way Rob. Your Dad sounds a lot like my Father who passed 4 years ago at 84, loved Notre Dame and the "those Lions will never amount to much as long as 'Clay Ford' was so much like him too. Life is short, nice post - I know your Dad would have liked it.

Comment

• My condolences to you and your family. Thank you for sharing that warm tribute to your father. My mother is 86 and shares many of those same traits. I believe that is in great part because of the times they grew up in.

Comment

• Thanks to all for the kind words of sympathy and encouragement.

I know I learned a lot about life from him, even though I usually didn't realize it at the time. Dad was just a better teacher than I gave him credit for in my young and foolish years!

Comment

• I'm sorry for your loss, Rob.

Comment

• Sorry, Rob.

That rooted for Notre Dame part though. Ughhh.

Comment

• Sorry for your loss, Rob. That's always tough. I lost my dad to cancer when I was 11.

Comment

• Sorry for your loss, Rob. I am very lucky to still have my father, considering the heart problems that he has suffered through for the past twenty years.

Comment

• To lighten the mood a little, I present to you Dhani Jones teaching you how to tie a bow tie. The end is the best part. :D

BOW TIES ARE COOL!

Comment

• Rob, your post was a nice tribute to your dad. I'm sure he enjoyed reading it. Condolences to you and your family.

Comment

• Thought and Prayers to you and your family, Rob.

Raise a glass to your Old Man this Christmas, and celebrate his life as part of your mourning for his passing.

Comment

• I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Rob.

Comment

• I truly appreciate all the kind and thoughtful words being posted by all of you.

And sorry about Dad rooting for ND, Dennis---I tried for years to "convert" him, to no avail---in addition to the words I used last night to describe him, let me add 2 more: "loyal" and "stubborn"!

Comment

• Rob, was your father well enough to follow the last 2 seasons of ND football?

And if so, what were his thoughts on Kelly?

Comment

• My sincerest condolences Rob.
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanB View Post
                                Rob, was your father well enough to follow the last 2 seasons of ND football?

And if so, what were his thoughts on Kelly?
                                Sean, for the most past Dad still watched at least part of each ND game right up until a few weeks ago. As for Kelly, Dad thought he was a good hire, probably their best since Holtz. I honestly don't recall what he thought of Davie and Willingham, but I know he made fun of "that chubby guy Weis waddling up and down the field", as he referred to him. But Dad was always loyal to ND, so, other than his above description of Weis, I don't remember him complaining about ND's coaches nearly as much as he tore into the Detroit Lions' ownership, front office, and Head Coaches over the years.

p.s.: thanks, O.P.

Comment

Working...
                                X