Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Hooters Ice Cream, works like a charm.
    Hooters Ice Cream, definitely sounds MUCH more lively than a root veggie!!

Comment

• Did anyone watch the Tiger Woods meltdown yesterday? Incredible!

We had a discusion 3 or 4 years ago about who would first get the all time "majors" win record, Woods or Federer. Both appeared unbeatable at the time. My, how times have changed. Almost everyone here voted for Woods. Meanwhile Federer easily surpassed his goal and now has 16 majors (prev. record 14) while Woods remains stuck on 14. (current record is 18 by Nicklaus). Of course Woods had a little "incident" after we had that discussion.

Certainly Woods brought all this on himself. The talent is still there but the mind is now fighting with demons. How many here think he can regain the invincibility he had before the crash? The media is going to hound him wherever he goes. Fascinating stuff. I really doubt he'll ever return to his former level.

The other thing that surprised me yesterday was how incredible Mickelson was in that head to head final round at Pabble Beach. I thought he was getting too old for that level of play.

Comment

• I think the best thing that could happen to (for) Tiger would be if he could find "true love" and for him to re-marry. I think that would take a lot of pressure off the home front and help him focus more on the real game. I am in the camp that feels he is too good of a player to counted out and feel he will make a strong showing in the years to come.

If Phil can keep it in the fairway(s), even at 41 he can still be a contender. Luckily, there were not tons of trees at Pebble and most of his errors were in places where a good recovery was not extremely difficult. Yesterday, Phil's short game and particularly his putting was just tooooooo good.

Comment

• Tiger's invincibility seems to have been stripped away. Injuries have hindered him too often.
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• "If Phil can keep it in the fairway(s), even at 41 he can still be a contender."

Excellent point. I think this explains why he has been able to win at Augusta -- a fairly wide open layout even though it has plenty of other hazards. His short game, when his putter is on, is as good as anyone in the world.

Comment

• I read an interesting article on Woods. Focused a lot on his significant downturn in putting. He's had a history of missing fairways and greens, but could always scramble out of a jam and make those 8-10 ft putts with ease. Not any more. His putter has abandoned him.

Another point in the article is that Woods, given the way he grew up through the game, is an "old" 36 year old. His early swing was so forceful and his fight through injuries have aged his body more than most.

He'll still win golf tournaments, but the dominant streak we saw from him a decade or so ago is all but gone. I don't think he'll break Jack's record, personally. Who knows, though. He certainly has the talent to contend still. He needs to get that one "signature win" and then it could open the floodgates again.

Comment

• Haven't seen Tigers 'old' swing for a long time, not for a whole weekend. If he starts winning events, I could see him make a run at Jack's record.

Comment

• Just thought you guys would like to know:

Nickelback with special guests Bush, Seether, & My Darkest Days

Joe Louis Arena
                  Detroit, MI
                  Sat, Apr 14, 2012 06:00 PM

Comment

• Might as well burn the place down after the show. That stain can't be washed off.

Comment

• Comment

• I didn't realize the state universities in PA were under such strain. The Governor is forcing a 30% cut down their throat after already making a 20% cut last year.

Comment

• getting ready to pay or settle court cases probably
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Just thought you guys would like to know:

Nickelback with special guests Bush, Seether, & My Darkest Days

Joe Louis Arena
                            Detroit, MI
                            Sat, Apr 14, 2012 06:00 PM
                            Whatever happened to the great nation of Canada? They used to give us great Rock Bands and Singers (such as Rush, Neil Young/Crazy Horse, Steppenwolf, The Band, BTO, The Guess Who, Loverboy, etc., etc.) . And now all we get is Nickelback, Sum 41 and Avril Levigne?

Canada is now a has-been Rock Nation, surpassed, I suppose, by the likes of Luxembourg and Liechtenstein.

George, I'm waiting to hear your explanation/excuses...

;-)

Comment

• You forgot Celine Dion.

Comment

• LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X