X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oracle
    started a topic Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

I hope most end up landing here. I'm gonna hang out here since this is one of my regular visits. Let's hope more follow.
    Last edited by lineygoblue; November 23rd, 2015, 07:52 PM.

• Ghengis Jon
    replied
    "Johns Hopkins, I guess, is a highly respected great place. They did a study, comprehensive. The countries best and worst prepared for an epidemic, and the United States is now… We’re rated number one. We’re rated number one for being prepared. This is a list of different countries."

Leave a comment:

• Ghengis Jon
    replied
    Apparently, Mike Pence is testing stand up comedy as a post Washington gig.

" President Trump has no higher priority than the health, safety and well being of Americans."

Leave a comment:

• *JD*
    replied
    Well, fuck.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/u...tleblower.html

p.s.- Trump said "One day, it's like a miracle, it will disappear."

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    My nephew works for an oil company at an oil field near Odessa Texas, and he said his bosses told him to expect layoffs. His company will stop drilling, and even some of the current producing oil wells will be idled.

I like low oil/gas prices, but I hate seeing people get laid off. I've been there.
    Probably heard me say it before but I've been in the industry for most of a decade now and I've heard many times that $50 is the magic number where companies will typically choose laying down rigs over drilling. That sucks, especially since the area where he's at is the most active play in the country right now (Permian)

Leave a comment:

• lineygoblue
    replied
    My nephew works for an oil company at an oil field near Odessa Texas, and he said his bosses told him to expect layoffs. His company will stop drilling, and even some of the current producing oil wells will be idled.

I like low oil/gas prices, but I hate seeing people get laid off. I've been there.

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied
    It also seems like Iran is heading into the abyss.

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied
    Is that the only place they can get the money from? Weird.

Definitely love Pocahontas brazenly politicizing corona. I won’t have to worry about voting for her, but she’s a hard fucking pass for me.

Leave a comment:

• Ghengis Jon
    replied
    $52 a barrel is a tipping point for Russia. The centralized planning of the economy is dependent on crude prices not falling below that level. Nice to see some pliers on Russian balls.

The CDC has stated that a proposed $2.5B funding infusion will not be nearly enough if the US is hit hard by the corona virus. Perhaps Very Stable Genius will divert diverted funds currently destined for his Vanity Wall.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    Natural gas is down to $1.75 per MMBtu. Crazy times we’re seein’
    Yeah those prices are close to where the industry bottomed out in 2015-2016. Oil has a way to go yet. Need to get under $30 to match those lows.The mild winter is adding to NatGas pain.

Someone on CNBC this week made a comment about oil along the lines of "it would already be in the low 30's if Iran wasn't cut off again and Venezuela wasn't a total shitshow"

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    Natural gas is down to $1.75 per MMBtu. Crazy times we’re seein’

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    I imagine the facts will come out on this eventually. But if true this seems very bad. The Post, Times, and WSJ all posted versions of this story within minutes of each other.

New whistleblower complaint alleges that HHS workers were sent to meet the planes carrying the first Americans from Wuhan with little infection control training and without the appropriate protective gear. The HHS workers, with insufficient gear, ended up working alongside CDC employees in full hazmat suits. When the whistleblower complained, they were told they were being reassigned to a new position, and would be fired if they didn't accept it within 15 days.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...leblower-says/
    Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; Yesterday, 07:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Also Erdogan has a card to play here if NATO will not come to its defense...just let the refugees pass through if Europe/USA will neither intercede in Syria or defend Turkey

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
    It's nice to discuss something other than the Dow or COVID-19 ...... Erdogan is getting burned for sticking his nose into a place he may think he has strategic interests in the face of others who think he doesn't. If this turns out to be the Russians who pulled this off, chances are pretty good it wasn't a mistake. You can also bet the Russians will say it was a mistake. There really good at putting up huge some screens to obscure their military objectives that are highly political in nature ...... see the Crimea and Ukraine.....Who, me?
    It's really heating up. A new report suggests the Russians targeted and destroyed the Turkish military's field HQ. And the same source claimed minutes ago that Turkey may already be retaliating against cities along the Syrian coast,

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Buchanan
    replied
    It's nice to discuss something other than the Dow or COVID-19 ...... Erdogan is getting burned for sticking his nose into a place he may think he has strategic interests in the face of others who think he doesn't. If this turns out to be the Russians who pulled this off, chances are pretty good it wasn't a mistake. You can also bet the Russians will say it was a mistake. There really good at putting up huge some screens to obscure their military objectives that are highly political in nature ...... see the Crimea and Ukraine.....Who, me?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X