X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Most of this is total bullshit, Strangelove.

I lived the "sexual revolution" and I can tell you that the advent of birth control was the biggest driving factor. It was consequence-free sex and everyone took part. That includes most members of what is now the right.

As for abortion being "existential" to some women, that is just you copying some click-bait from hard-left propaganda. "Existential"? Really? If it is that important, why don't these oppressed women avail themselves of all the forms of birth control now available? How about tying a poor woman's welfare check to taking a monthly shot of Depo-Provera? There is very little basis for using abortion as a birth control method. Your belief system assumes that women are either too stupid or too lazy to access birth control pills. Which is it?

I believe (as I think you do) that the various abortion debates are proxies for debating feminism. College-indoctrinated women today have bought into the idea that they are an oppressed minority. This is why a 5'5", 210 lb. woman with green hair is leading the march against any limitation on abortion. It's not like she ever will need an abortion, but she surely hates men as a category and feels oppressed.

Finally, you will never understand Roe v Wade until you read The Population Bomb by Paul Erlich. We were assured that overpopulation would create a world in 2000 in which the few remaining humans would be killing each other over resources. Like almost all of the beliefs propagated by the leftist elites, this turned out to be wrong.
    There's rightwing trash all over the internet continually belittling and denigrating women and plenty of younger women see that. If you think the Incels, the Manosphere guys, the "I want a TradWife" crowd doesn't exist, it's because you're old and out of touch.

The fact that you think it's only women with green dyed hair and weigh 250 pounds that support abortion rights is another demonstration of how out of touch you actually are. Tons of women who are otherwise conservative privately do. That's demonstrated when a constitutional Amendment to protect abortion rights can pass with almost 60% of the vote IN OHIO.

The fact of the matter is every time one of you unlikeable, bitter old cons wags your hypocritical fingers in a woman's face and tells her "I won't allow you to damage that precious zygote in your body but I won't give you one cent to help raise it either" you've lost another vote. Keep it up. Super smart strategy. And it IS existential because even women not inclined to have an abortion don't like it when 84 year olds like you are ordering them around, telling them what they can and cannot do with their own bodies. Why the holy hell do you think YOU get a say?

And obviously Hanni is going to snicker about vaccines, but my wife getting an abortion doesn't impact Hanni's kids in the slightest. My refusal to get my kid a measles shot very much CAN affect Hanni's kids.

Were women EVER an oppressed minority in your eyes, Geezer?

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    Remember when angry Bolsheviks were tearing down statues of the founding fathers because they owned slaves and stuff?

Hooo boy, just wait until you hear what Margaret Sanger said about black people!

When are we going to see angry Bolsheviks tear down all of the country’s Planned Parenthood buildings? We can’t have any structures even loosely associated with the deadly sin of racism.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    Remember three years ago when the “my body, my choice” people wanted to compel everyone in the country to get an experimental vaccine?

Now we’re back to “my body, my choice” again.

Leave a comment:

• Da Geezer
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Most of the Incel, Christian Nationalist, TradLife, and Manosphere crowd regards them as little more than that. Those are heavily online-only communities but whatever. They want to roll back everything connected to the "Sexual Revolution" of the 60's. It's not hard to find a rightwinger railing against no-fault divorce, birth control, or premarital sex. They're everywhere online.

You yourself display contempt for women voters, imply they are simpletons, cannot comprehend why abortion might seem existential to them, and then act frustrated and baffled that they won't ally with you. Your hostility towards them is pretty obvious so I'm not sure why exactly you think they owe you absolutely anything.
    Most of this is total bullshit, Strangelove.

I lived the "sexual revolution" and I can tell you that the advent of birth control was the biggest driving factor. It was consequence-free sex and everyone took part. That includes most members of what is now the right.

As for abortion being "existential" to some women, that is just you copying some click-bait from hard-left propaganda. "Existential"? Really? If it is that important, why don't these oppressed women avail themselves of all the forms of birth control now available? How about tying a poor woman's welfare check to taking a monthly shot of Depo-Provera? There is very little basis for using abortion as a birth control method. Your belief system assumes that women are either too stupid or too lazy to access birth control pills. Which is it?

I believe (as I think you do) that the various abortion debates are proxies for debating feminism. College-indoctrinated women today have bought into the idea that they are an oppressed minority. This is why a 5'5", 210 lb. woman with green hair is leading the march against any limitation on abortion. It's not like she ever will need an abortion, but she surely hates men as a category and feels oppressed.

Finally, you will never understand Roe v Wade until you read The Population Bomb by Paul Erlich. We were assured that overpopulation would create a world in 2000 in which the few remaining humans would be killing each other over resources. Like almost all of the beliefs propagated by the leftist elites, this turned out to be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Buchanan
    replied
    In Ukraine, a lack of artillery rounds is limiting UA's ability to defend against advancing RA units across the entire front. ISW classifies these advances as positional changes and comments that the RA is unable to translate these positional changes into coordinated strategic or even tactical gains. RA C&C remains suspect in its effectiveness.

The Russians have increased the use of tactical aviation in the battle space in an attempt to gain air-superiority. That's not happening and instead the UAF has commensurately increased its ground based air defense systems in meaningful engagements of RAF tactical jets. If you're keeping track, there have been 8 shootdowns including a recent downing of another A50 C&C and radar surveillance aircraft. In response, Russia has stopped deploying the A50 over the Sea of Azov, it's normal duty station, and have reduced the use of tactical aviation assets to deploy glide bombs against dug in UA defensive positions.

A recent Newsweek article (a source seemingly overly optimistic in its reporting of UA successes) commented that these recent RA advances, not only occurring because of a lack of UA artillery rounds, but also aided by poorly and hastily created UA defensive positions. The explanation from the UA General Staff included a lack of available civilian personnel to construct these defenses. Another assessment from sources offered that the UA planning expected a much more effective offensive operation that commenced last fall and culminated without significant gains for Ukraine in late January. IOW, the UA did not anticipate the RA to regain the battlefield initiative. It has done that.

Still, the government in Kiev is not close to collapsing and Ukrainians, in general, are still supportive of Zelenski. As I posted a week ago, Ukraine, despite difficult conditions on the battlefield, continues to have these strikingly effective, and accordingly newsworthy, events. Today's sinking of another Russian Black Fleet ship and some kind of partisan operation that blew-up an important Russian railway supply point inside Russian occupied Ukrainian territory are more examples. It seems Ukraine is in a kind-of holding pattern trying to mitigate the perception of Russian Army successes with hybrid victories of their own. Meanwhile, the UA awaits military kit from EU countries (a lot of it promised but not yet delivered) and for the US aide package, stalled in the House, to get un-fucked.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; March 5, 2024, 01:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X