No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of similarities and I think Wiz has commented that a flailex has characterized the Nebraska Athletic Department since the departure of Dr. Tom. That may be where the real parallels in program suckage lie. But the solution, IMO, just like it is at M, for Neb is to not shit-can another coach and start over again. Work the plan, develop some continuity, stay the course. People laugh at that phrase. There are good reasons to do that and it's pretty clear to me that CFB programs that do "stay the course" seem to sustain success after they get their shit together.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• That's a tough job no matter who takes it. Its very hard in the age of super conferences and conference title games for all of the traditional powers to approach their former heights. A lot of the factors that contributed to that dominant reign between Devaney and Osborne are replicable.

Comment

• Nebraska doesn't look to me to be making progress in Year 2. They seem to have taken a step backwards since late last year, where it looked like they were starting to put things together. Martinez looked no different to me when I saw him this year versus early last year.

Comment

• If he is going to have success, its going to be a long term job. They only won 4 games last year and they didn't beat anyone of note. If they get to a bowl, it is progress.

Comment

• Opening against Illinois in Ireland in 2021?

Comment

• Blarney!
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• FROSTY!!!!! is bringing in some talent! UNL looks primed to challenge for 3rd in the B10 West in 2020!
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• :::kills Talent:::
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• :::golf clap:::
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• ...thank ya...thank ya very much...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Iconic Huskerz coach Bo Pelini to LSU to be the new DC

Comment

• STFU

He has a better record against Dabo than Urban & Day...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• When does the Barney Cotton era begin?

Comment

• Depends what Division III program wants him...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Does Nebraska-Kearney need a coach? Are the Lopers even D3 or do they just play club football?
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X