Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I assume you'll have: OSU-TCU (B10), LSU-Auburn, Boise-Okie State (G5) as 3 automatic games. I'd go with WV-NCS (ACC), Oklahoma-ISU (B12) and maybe Washington-Utah. Wildcard game pretty plainly has to be Rutgers-Kansas
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think it will be at least 14.Really.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        I assume you'll have: OSU-TCU (B10), LSU-Auburn, Boise-Okie State (G5) as 3 automatic games. I'd go with WV-NCS (ACC), Oklahoma-ISU (B12) and maybe Washington-Utah. Wildcard game pretty plainly has to be Rutgers-Kansas
        lol at the WC. Yeah. the rest of the slate is good. Saves me time.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          I think it will be at least 14.Really.
          Talent,

Looks like most books are opening at Ohio State -13.5
          Last edited by AlabamAlum; September 9, 2018, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• I guess they think more highly of OSU than I do!

Comment

• A lot of movement. The unreleased line was at 12.5. Shot to 14. Looks like it settled at 13.5. At least for now.

Comment

• Chris Ash vs. his former boss...

58 point shutout
                56 point shutout
                49 point loss with a field goal.

Progress!

Comment

• It's looking more and more like Chris Ash will be available again to be your DC, probably after 2019.

Comment

• My understanding is that Ash had a couple options (including Syracuse) and took the Rutgers job with the understanding that he'd be given time. They're never going to win the East, but they can better and I think they're going in the right direction. We'll see. If they lose at Kansas, that's a huge disappointment. If they win, then they actually have a shot at 6-6.

All that said, whoever called the the pass with 13 seconds left in the half that got Sitkowski killed -- that's just a fucking terrible call.

Comment

• Is he out for a while? I didn't watch past when it was 28-0.

Comment

• I think he should be back. It didn't look too bad, but I guess it's shoulder related. Rutgers spent 2 plays bleeding the play clock down to the final second and then running. On third down, they bled the play clock and....passed....it was supposed to be a quick pass, but Nick Bosa is still Nick Bosa. Here's the write-up and video from Jersey boys:

Breaking down Rutgers' 52-3 loss to No. 4 Ohio State on Saturday, September 8, 2018 (9/8/18) at Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Ohio: the play where quarterback Artur Sitkowski was injured, defensive end Nick Bosa's dominance and more.

Comment

• As a quick FYI, I'm not sure John Runyan can block Nick Bosa 1v1 on the edge. JMO. As always, YMMV.

Comment

• Final note on Rutgers. Ohio State has outscored its Big Ten East rivals 166-3 over the past 3 games. In those 3 games, Rutgers has amassed 459 yards. Ohio State had 579 yards on Saturday.

So, that's an average game of 53-1 with Rutgers gaining 153 yards.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              As a quick FYI, I'm not sure John Runyan can block Nick Bosa 1v1 on the edge. JMO. As always, YMMV.
                              Disagree. I'd bet you ARE sure that John Runyan CAN'T block Nick Bosa.

Comment

• Originally posted by drok View Post

Disagree. I'd bet you ARE sure that John Runyan CAN'T block Nick Bosa.
                                Fair ..... for now. Based on where bosa is v. where Runyan is there's no question Patterson would be at the same kind of risk Sitkowski was on the play that bosa crushed him.

But bosa's not going to be left on the edge alone on a pass play when M goes to c-bus. Think 21 personnel formations. Yeah the pass-play call was sort-of bad but so was the Rutgers' formation that left their LT out there I v I against one of the best pass rushers in CFB. Predictable and avoidable outcome on several counts.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X