Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A final -- er, I guess another -- thing on Day. He was picked by UFM. And whatever you want to say about UFM, I think it's fairly tough to say he doesn't care about his legacy at Ohio State. And to that end, I think transitioning his program to a guy he originally brought in and he probably more or less hired (along with some input from Gene) is a big deal to him. And he said as much yesterday.

Now, I'm not sure how good a judge of coaching talent UFM is. He's had hits and misses. But the misses are usually excised fairly quickly. The hits he tries to keep. So, again, I'm cautiously optimistic. Now, if he goes 9-3 next year with a loss to HARBAUGH!!!! well, that's concerning.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'll enthusiastically co-sign OSU hiring an unproven guy as the head coach.

Comment

• It's Michigan's job to set Day's career off trending in the right direction.

Comment

• Geeeze ...... and we keep on wishing for external factors to change the current M/osu paradigm in M's favor. That just pisses me off. Harbaugh needs to deliver and this incremental shit - yeah we beat one out of two - isn't hacking it for me. After Patterson arrived and Warriner shaped up the OL, I felt pretty good about M's chances to beat both it's rivals and win the BIG East. Then we beat MSU in their place in a sludge-fart type of game where Harbaugh dictated what Dantonio could do but, there were signs.

Everybody rationalized what Harbaugh appeared to be doing with the offense. I did it ..... but even in doing so, I had this nagging feeling in the back of my mind about how JH's approach to a pounding, ball control offense would match up with elite teams that can throw and score a lot points doing it. It was no secret that haskins could throw the ball and in a way where that type of passing game was a weak point in Don Brown's approach to defense and the roster holes he had to mitigate.

M coaches didn't seem to realize that if osu was successful with haskin's type of game and figured out Don Brown and, on the other side of the ball, that M's OL was a potential liability re pressure on Patterson and the limiting impact on Pep's passing game; IMO, that was a pretty glaring fuck-up. 63-39 would tend to support the notion that they didn't have a back-up plan to win a shoot-out type contest that ufm and ryan day imposed on them...... and JH failed spectacularly trying to impose his game on ufm. That sort of thing should set off alarm bells. I'm not confident it will.
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 5, 2018, 09:29 AM.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post

Yeah well, you know, he just did
            Yeah well, you know that post wasn't in reference to Meyer.

Comment

• They will be in good hands with Ryan Day. OSU is the special program, it doesn't need some wunderkind to excel.

Comment

• "...even in doing so, I had this nagging feeling in the back of my mind about how JH's approach to a pounding, ball control offense would match up with elite teams..."

I had concerns too and this strategy isn't effective when you need to score points quickly. I did see some adaptation, throwing the ball downfield more but against the Buckeyes still way too many run plays on first down... buckeyes weren't even a great defensive team...

I like Brown but asking Brandon Watson or Kinnel to cover the buckeyes speedy, skill players one on one was a disaster every much as expected. Day massively outclassed Don Brown and Day already had a counter ready to DBs adjustments the moment he made them.

Comment

• Everybody did. His system is not as resilient. More gaps = more potential problems.

Comment

• I'm gonna say that Ryan Day will end up somewhere between Frank Solich and Luke Fickell on the charts Talent...little better than Luke...little under Frankie...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• agreed
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I think we could choose any pof the following wrods

they all apply--better then a moron and little under an imbecile the following terms can be applied to the wizard

airhead, birdbrain, blockhead, bonehead, bubblehead, chowderhead, chucklehead, clodpoll (or clodpole), clot [British], cluck, clunk, cretin, cuddy (or cuddie) [British dialect], deadhead, dim bulb [slang], dimwit, dip, dodo, dolt, donkey, doofus [slang], dope, dork [slang], dullard, dum-dum, dumbbell, dumbhead, dummkopf, dummy, dunce, dunderhead, fathead, gander, golem, goof, goon, half-wit, hammerhead, hardhead, idiot, ignoramus, jackass, know-nothing, knucklehead, lamebrain, loggerhead [chiefly dialect], loon, lump, lunkhead, meathead, mome [archaic], mug [chiefly British], mutt, natural, nimrod [slang], nincompoop, ninny, ninnyhammer, nit [chiefly British], nitwit, noddy, noodle, numskull (or numbskull), oaf, pinhead, prat [British], ratbag [chiefly Australian], saphead, schlub (also shlub) [slang], schnook [slang], simpleton, stock, stupe, stupid, thickhead, turkey, woodenhead, yahoo, yo-yo

I think doofus fits quite nicely between moron and imbecile

Comment

• hurtful
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• He knew he was done at Cbus the day he was suspended regardless of how this season went. And nothing made him happier than to walk out with a giant win against Michigan, a huge fuck you to those that suspended him and ride off to who knows where.

Comment

• I know Talent has read this with a heh but -

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...SnJKh671aV-_Zc

Comment

• Woof Chris Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X