Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckeyes will easily win the B1G even if Wangler lines up at DT and they play 10 men on defense.

Comment

• Yeah, no.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And there it is: https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-...maryland-game/

Probably the last big name casualty of the "amateurism" rules. Ohio State needed to SEC this shit and cover it up. Good gawd, man. You get no where playing it straight.

Comment

• Bunch of fucking amateurs.

Comment

• Correct.

Comment

• Eh, whatever. I mostly just really like watching him play. Ohio State wasn't winning anything anyway. This will lower expectations down to the Citrus.

Comment

• Good lord. The violation is from 2018? It's not even new? Whoever the fuck their fixer is, get a new one. I recommend Mike Ehrmentraut.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Meh. The situation is most likely this -- someone informed Ohio State of something Chase Young (or his family) received in 2018. It's enough that Ohio State has to report it and suspend Young until the NCAA rules. So, the suspension is absolutely prophylactic. What we don't know is the underlying substantive issues. And from the guys I trust, it's Ohio State is keeping those details on lockdown. So, the speculation will run wild -- out of the whole season! out for 1 game! etc. But, I think anyone who tells you they know is probably full of shit.

In real terms, Ohio State is now reduced to playing scrubs at DE. Cooper is already out. Now the best player in CFB. They're going to need to score 56 to beat Maryland tomorrow.

Comment

• That would work.

I'm sort-of enjoying the pain expressed here. It's not like CFB teams don't have to deal on occasion with a wide range of shit happens like this. I can fire off a host of situations CFB wide. Bad shit happens at M a lot. Deal with it. No fucking sympathy from this quarter for the osu program. Not one bit. I do have some sympathy for Chase as a player. They just get unintentionally swept up in the NCAA compliance BS...... assuming that's what this is all about.

I feel confident that this NCAA problem will be "dealt with" and then "resolved" in osu's favor shortly.
                      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• It's such a different era -- even from 5-10 years ago. The outrage at a kid taking money from an agent just isn't there in the same way. The outrage is more directed at NCAA rules. I don't have the first clue as to what Chase Young did. My guess is someone gave him some amount of money to do something. It's probably a relatively trivial amount, but the NCAA will suspend for the season for $2000 (I I think).

Whatever. As I said, I really enjoy watching him play. It pisses me off that I can't do that any more because of the arcane nature of this sport.

Meanwhile, Bill Self carries on at Kansas.

Comment

• The guesses are someone -- not an agent, not a person associated with OSU, but "someone" -- paid for Young's family to go to the Rose Bowl. If that's the case, then he's likely out for the season and my white hot hatred of the NCAA will only burn brighter.

Comment

• Hate it, but, if that's the story, I'm on your side. Why the fuck can't a player's family get someone who cares about such things to pay said family's cost of a trip to a bowl game?

Having said that ..... I'm still enjoying reading of the osu fan base meltdown over this.
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Cheating ass BigTen teams. Goddamn.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Chase just needs to do a Joey Bosa.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X