Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel confident that this NCAA problem will be "dealt with" and then "resolved" in osu's favor shortly.
    Yes. Tempest in a teapot stuff.

The guesses are someone -- not an agent, not a person associated with OSU, but "someone" -- paid for Young's family to go to the Rose Bowl. If that's the case, then he's likely out for the season and my white hot hatred of the NCAA will only burn brighter.
    This to me is a lot like the Jamal Crawford situation with Michigan. A friend of the family gave him a $1500 beater to drive around Ann Arbor while he was in school, and the NCAA found out about it. They gave Crawford two choices. Pay $1500 out of his own pocket to the family friend who bought him the car,.. or .. go to the NBA. Where was the kid supposed to come up with $1500 with the entire world watching? So, he left school and went to the NBA.

It was an amazing display of stupidity on the part of the NCAA to turn that situation into a "violation" with an unfixable punishment. These 'professional educators" gave Crawford no way to stay in school. They wanted Crawford to leave. They gave him NO avenue to fix the problem and stay in school. And he wanted to stay in school. So I share Mr. Talent's white-hot hatred of the NCAA. With each passing day, they become more self-righteous and useless, and college sports would be better off without them, IMO.

I actually hope that this does get fixed in Young's favor so he can finish the season. IMO, he deserves a seat at the Heisman table.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Wasn't Ed Martin just a "family friend"?

Comment

• The timing of this smell fishy

Comment

• seth meyers win GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Comment

• This to me is a lot like the Jamal Crawford situation with Michigan. A friend of the family gave him a $1500 beater to drive around Ann Arbor while he was in school, and the NCAA found out about it. They gave Crawford two choices. Pay $1500 out of his own pocket to the family friend who bought him the car,.. or .. go to the NBA. Where was the kid supposed to come up with $1500 with the entire world watching? So, he left school and went to the NBA.

It was an amazing display of stupidity on the part of the NCAA to turn that situation into a "violation" with an unfixable punishment. These 'professional educators" gave Crawford no way to stay in school. They wanted Crawford to leave. They gave him NO avenue to fix the problem and stay in school. And he wanted to stay in school. So I share Mr. Talent's white-hot hatred of the NCAA. With each passing day, they become more self-righteous and useless, and college sports would be better off without them, IMO.

I actually hope that this does get fixed in Young's favor so he can finish the season. IMO, he deserves a seat at the Heisman table.
            The tables have turned on the NCAA. Jamal Crawford was AGES ago when shit like this was some sort of moral evil. Jim Tressel and Tatgate were still a moral evil. But now the consensus is that athletes should get compensated and that the NCAA is an anachronistic, miserly ballbag of suck. Crawford would be free as a bird today. I think Young will probably end up playing again. If this happened 15 years ago he'd be dead as fried chicken.

In any event, F the NCAA.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Comment

• Did you pay him back? If so, cool.

Comment

• No, I was just lying

Comment

• LAIR!!!!!

Comment

• It's a bummer, man. It's a bummer. Mind if I do a J?

Comment

• This is escalated quickly in that twitter world - Herbstreet says 'He knows nothing'. Will ESPN blow this up too? Probably

Dennis Dodd

@dennisdoddcbs
                        Filed to CBS Sports: By tweeting he accepted a loan from "family friend", Chase Young made it a layered compliance issue. CY will have to prove there was a pre-existing relationship with that person that had nothing to do with athletics. If not, vacation of wins could be on table

Comment

• Comment

• To be clear, I don't think that schools should be allowed to all become like SMU in their pre-death penalty days. The money there was so over the top, and there was no effort to hide what was going on at all. They were cheating, they knew it, and were proud of it.

Best way I can describe it is like this: If the owner of Zingerman's in Ann Arbor wanted to pay the family of Tru Wilson (his dad is a Army vet) for their expenses to attend Michigan's next bowl game, and they restrict their contributions to that, I don't see what the big deal is. If a booster in Columbus paid the travel expenses of Chase Young's family to attend their bowl game, again, I don't see what the big deal is. I think that should be allowed. If an Ohio State booster paid for the expenses of a female swimmer or track team member's family to attend the NCAA Finals, would this conversation even be taking place? It shouldn't matter.

Now, .. if somebody paid Tru Wilson's family 8.7 million dollars to attend last year's Peach Bowl in Atlanta, not only should they have their head examined, but maybe the NCAA should look at that....
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• lol at Dodd

Comment

• Never heard of ProFootballTalk, but they have well over a Million followers. This was $$ to go to the Rose Bowl and it was from a "family friend" is also an NFLPA-certfied agent. ????

Refresh...

On the travel fare part... why give Chase the money directly? That part seems odd to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X