Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm with linesman on this one. Let the kid play. We are in the process of a massive and overdue re-examination of the amateurism standard right now. I'd like to see the NCAA relax on these until new standards are in place, unless a violation is egregious or anti-competitive. This does not appear to be either.

Comment

• The NCAA creates strange bedfellows.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• GFY.

Comment

• Fear the Mighty Deacon

Comment

• A Stanford -- STANFORD -- WR took at $3000 loan from his landlord and then repaid it. He was suspended for 1 game. In 2014.

Comment

• Herbstreit - Looks like 4 games.

Not that you will need him before the CCG and playoffs.

So many experts of the NCAA appeal process and standard punishment reductions on twitter, but this seems dumb if all he did was get a loan and pay it back.

Comment

• That's not what Herbstreit said. Read something other M fanboy sites. He said the amount puts it into the 4 game range but he thinks it will get reduced, probably to 2. We've known that since yesterday.

The Stanford WR was in the 4 game range ($3000).

Comment

• All that said, I don't trust the NCAA to do the right thing. It definitely COULD be 4 games if they are the total asshat ballbag motherfuckers they've been in the past. I wouldn't rule it out.

They don't need CY to beat PSU. They probably don't need him against M, but man, that'd make me really nervous. They definitely need him to win a CFP game.

Comment

• Did I post too soon? I guess so.

Kirk Herbstreit

@KirkHerbstreit53m
                    Again from
                    @CollegeGameDay
                    this am Chase Young suspended 4 games based on the AMOUNT that was provided. It is slotted to 4 games. $ was paid back. VERY IMPORTANT. OSU will gather intel/appeal and expect to hear back from NCAA next week. My guess 2 games after appeal.

Comment

• The tide has so turned against the NCAA that nearly every CFB fan (other than M, PSU and ND) thinks this is crazy or that he shouldn't be out for more than a game or two. And, hell, even some M fans are of that mind. The NCAA has a lot of discretion. They've exercised that discretion to reduce suspensions in the past -- by a lot. Given their current status as total pariah, I have a really hard time seeing them playing hardass and telling CY to go fuck himself.

Comment

• Comment

• And Justin Fields should sit in a sign of solidarity!

Comment

• Comment

• Ragged. Fields has been meh. Nice onside though.

Comment

• Remember, Maryland beat Rutgers by 30. So....

Comment

Working...
                                X