Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not watching who's winning?

Comment

• Did Gus Johnson insinuated that Maryland might have had something to do with Chase Young suspension?

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I guess they were hinting at something. Whatever. 2nd team everything starts 2nd half.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Total garbage for most of the 2nd. Awful.

Comment

Comment

• You guys are really that much better than everyone else in the B1G. You should kill Penn State, us and whoever you play in the B1G CG... Rutgers might give your coed flag football team some issues...

You've beaten everyone so far by 24+, the closest being Sparty and that wasn't even as close as the score. Next closest was Wisconsin losing by 31...

I see you guys matching up well with PSU, I don't like their squad this season. M would've beaten them if Brad Hawkins doesn't give up two TD's himself. I'll take the Buckeyes to cover whatever spread Vegas gives even if Young is still out. M imo will give you a better all around game than PSU, being at home might help us too. I could see M keeping it close till halftime till your talent advantage at every single position is obvious.

Only competition you'll find is in the CFP.

Comment

• The consensus at our tailgate for the Wisky game was that M will be a significantly harder game than Penn State. Home/road makes a difference. But, we felt that the defenses were comparable and that M had a better running game (PSU is trash on the ground). We felt that M could string together drives.

I think Vegas will have OSU -17 against PSU and maybe -13 at M.

Comment

• Maryland had a long kickoff return in the 4th that set up a short field TD. That gave OSU opponents 77 points in 9 games. OSU has scored 73 and 76 in two separate games. They have outscored opponents 459-77 in 9 games and they play RUTGERS next.

Comment

• Possibly the best CFB team in the last 10 years, maybe more. Some of the recent Alabama teams could claim that title, maybe one of Clemson's teams but from my perspective, this team is the best, hands down, in 2019.

BTW, osu clinches the Big East if they beat PSU and that is going to happen. PSU under Frames Janklin has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are as bad of a road team as the one's Harbaugh puts out there on the road. Maybe worse on records alone.

Michigan has only a slightly better than zero chance to go to Indy - PSU has to lose to IU. That's a possibility I suppose but PSU is at home for that one so, no.

M is not going to beat osu even though it's in AA. Even if Chase doesn't play - and I think he will. An M win, along with a second PSU loss to IU is about as likely as the Senate convicting Donald Trump in an impeachment trial. Wait, you mean there's a chance?
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Comment

• Talent advantage the Buckeyes have is obvious in every game, their schedule has been weak though their two toughest games are there last two. They could even lose a game and they'd be very deserving in the CFP. I wouldn't say the same about Clemson.

Yeah, Penn State you'll make one dimensional, M you need to respect the running game while Shea is just good enough you have to not sell out vs the run.

Comment

Comment

• I believe today's Penn State loss means that when OSU smokes the Nits, they clinch Indy. The Michigan game will have no effect on their CCG berth.

Maybe Day will rest his first stringers against Michigan .... That'd make OSU about a 10 point favorite instead of the 21 I think they'd cover easily right now.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yeah, the recruiting numbers demonstrate the talent advantage that osu has. But that's not all of it. I think the 73-7 scores v. Maryland demonstrates that the team is playing at a different level than the rest of the Big and probably every team in the top 6 by CFP ranking.

day is excelling with this team on multiple levels. Sure he inherited talent but you still have to coach it and that appears to be happening. The motivational thing is hard to quantify in terms other than the unmitigated ass-kickings this team is delivering to everyone they face. That takes senior and HC leadership skills.

So, Michigan fans need to come to grips with that reality. I have. There's really no longer a rivalry at the fan level; it's merely imagined and fortified by the sports press because, well, what else is there to talk about and get viewers to tune in. I think the players think about it, at least in the moment. I think Jim Harbaugh thinks about it. But the rivalry is just so far removed from present day CFB that it isn't one anymore.

If M wins, it's an upset but that's about it. A M win doesn't change the facts on the ground. The narrative of osu dominance in the BIG for the time being isn't going to change and it shouldn't. osu will continue to march ahead to another BTC. The CFP is probably also assured as osu will clearly be the best 1 loss team among the 3 spots that will be available after Alabama or LSU get's the top seed as an undefeated.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X