Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're sure reading a lot into my posts reacting to last night. Eh, whatever.

I thought OSU would have a harder time stopping Mariotta and I thought Oregon's pass coverage would present problems for Cardale. Oregon had a couple huge drops early in the game that let OSU get in front and then they just got beat. Didn't see it happening.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Don't normally post in these parts, but just wanted to drop my 2 cents:

I was not surprised that Ohio State won. Oregons scheme is unsustainable against teams that can match them in speed and talent, which is why they seem to lose every big game. I think Ohio State's win over Alabama was more impressive, because Alabama crushes that Oregon team too.

Watching the game last night, it made me think that MSU might have gotten shafted a bit this year with their schedule. Put them in the ACC and they certainly run the table like FSU did, and would have had a more competitive game against any of the other three playoff teams. Dantonio has a good thing going in East Lansing right now.

Harbaugh will hit the ground running in my eyes, and he absolutely needs to. The new QB recruit he is looking at, McLane Carter, doesn't have a bunch of stars, but that shit is overrated. the kid is a monster. It will be interesting to see how that position shakes out next year.
      1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• The tough thing in these big games is many times a team makes an mistake and it leads to 5 or 6 more.. and then panic. During the season, it would be nothing.. they'd keep playing. But in this big game.. playing for it all.. I think you see behaviors or results that would not be typical.

Does that mean I think Oregon is a better team? no.. OSU wins probably 70% of those games.. but I do think the game would feel closer most of the time. OSU dominated that game and I never felt that OU was in charge after their first drive.
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I think it's maybe 60/40 for OSU. I definitely felt they were the better team, but Oregon really had a chance to get some momentum and killed themselves. Those drops were effective TOs, IMO. It's funny how things go. Like you implied, it's all about how you respond to mistakes and bad breaks. I think the defining drive was the TD drive after Oregon made it 21-20. Going back to the Sugar Bowl, they put together a drive when they were down 21-6 that was even better.

When OSU beat Miami in 2002, that was a 1 in 10 shot. This year, though, after watching the last 3 games, I'd take OSU over anyone, though I think Alabama and OSU are virtually even....call it 51/49.

Comment

• Hollywood is wrong. Crime pays and evil prevails. The hiring of Brandon/Hoke also proved Forest Gump right: Stupid is as stupid does.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Darren Rovell ‏@darrenrovell 38m38 minutes ago
              Last night’s title game draws a 18.5 overnight rating, the highest # ever recorded for ESPN, according to Nielsen.

Comment

• Good win for the B10, good win for CFB unfortunately the Buckeyes are ones who are champs. Would've been sweeter if Oregon would've beat an SEC program too...

Playoff as everyone knew was much needed and without it we likely would've seen another SEC team (Bama) play an FSU team that just as I expected wasn't as good as their win/loss record. Playoff was long overdue.

Comment

• Recruiting wise, the 2016 kid who committed yesterday afternoon is Kareem Walker, a RB from NJ. Outstanding pickup and likely bodes well for Jarrett Guarantano who, I think, is OSU's #1 QB target for 2016.

Comment

• did anyone besides me watch ESPN2 during the game yesterday? If so, what where your thoughts?

Comment

• I would have if it wasn't OSU. I watched it half-time and during a couple spots. It looked f'n awesome.

Comment

• BTW this makes two years in a row that a "young" team has won the national championship.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; January 13, 2015, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                          did anyone besides me watch ESPN2 during the game yesterday? If so, what where your thoughts?
                          I did not watch one second of the game on any channel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                            I did not watch one second of the game on any channel.
                            you sound as grumpy as me when it comes to the SEC... =)

Comment

• REPORTER: "When were you going to stop running that play (Ezekiel Counter)?"

URBAN: "When they stopped it."

Heh.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                                Good win for the B10.
                                How do the other teams in the Big Ten benefit from that? Their jobs all became harder last night. Screw all of that kumbaya crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X