Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivals and 247 updated rankings for 2021 over the past week or so. As it currently stands, Froot's whipping boy -- Coach Ryan Day -- only has 5 verbals from top 30 kids. Hopefully that changes. They have a shot to pull a couple kids from Washington and will have to overcome The Nick for what I think is the best OL in the class.

In any event, it's a promising start for Coach Ryan Day. He may be in over his head, but it seems like he's at least treading water.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ohio State lands a middling 4* CB ranked #185 nationally (14th in the class). Mostly insignificant, but it does tip OSU over 300 in the composite on 18 verbals. Decent work by Froot’s whipping boy.

Comment

• Ohio State's class, as currently constituted with 18 verbals, would rank pretty highly in any other year at the END of the cycle: https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...0/#147768220_6

I believe the term being thrown about is "historically great."

And Froot doesn't think Coach Ryan Day can coach OR recruit. That take may surpass Liney's Hoke == Saban assertions or Buchanan's Peyton Ramsey >> Dwayne Haskins position.

What is it with you people from the state. Are you ALL drinking Flint water?

Comment

• I doubt that even on my worst day, that I would have ever tried to equate Hoke with The Nick.

I vaguely recall saying that Nick was recruiting classes that any coach could win with, but Hoke has never been, nor ever will be in the same coaching ability stratosphere with The Nick.

Maybe I was still taking hallucinogens at that time. I don't do that anymore. And, I haven't lived in Flint, or drank their water since 1978.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Now that Liney has stated his disclaimer, I feel compelled to do the same.

If I recall my comments correctly, the comparison between haskins and Ramsey was made in the context of throwing accuracy. I think it had something to do with throwing the long ball which, Ramsey was pretty good at and until haskins faced M he didn't throw a long ball much and if he did and got any pressure in the process it was bun tighteningly scary. Naturally, day unleashed that call mercilessly against one of many of Don Brown's awful schemes he drew up against osu's offense.

I know you will recall that day has in the two games he faced M figured out and then easily exploited M's coverage weakness v. guys like chris olave, among other osu receivers that I have erased from my memory. I could have hit those guys if I'd had the protection haskins had. Why was that? Brown didn't have the horses up front, gave them too much credit to be able to penetrate - the couldn't - and day was able to win the LOS and keep his QBs clean - which The Nick did when Bama played M using guys like Jeudy. Clown shows ensued. At least The Nick invoked the mercy rule.

I'm sure you'll go back and pull up the comment and dispute this - that's fine, I'd be interested in seeing what I actually said back then that you most likely and indiscriminately twisted the meaning of them to fit your constant harangue about osu >>>>> M, or day is >>>>>> Harbaugh or whatever silly shit you want to throw my way such silly shit I am now entirely immune to.

Fuck osu.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• My summary of your respective positions is entirely correct. Liney very much was of the opinion that anyone could win with Saban's talent, INCLUDING HOKE. That was after the 2011 season.

You were very much of the opinion that Ramsey was a better, more accurate passer than Haskins. To be clear, he threw 50 TDs that season. It wasn't like he was tucked away hiding in the shadows. Fuck, the week before the M game, Haskins threw for like 1000 yards and 6 TDs against Maryland, including a bunch of long bombs. I mocked your take relentlessly the minute you made it. That you continued to defend it (for a week) is something I shall make you remember for the rest of your god-forsaken life!

Comment

• ....... give me a break. Back then, I was still in the mode of trying to defend Harbaugh and M football ...... no more. There is no hope and you osu fuckers should be sad about that.

The Game is, and should be, an anachronism for an appropriate description of that contest. M is just another cup-cake scrimmage on your schedule in prep for the BTC and berth in the FF (and I think that is Linesman's line). It's used to embarrass the fuck out of M fans nationally - it does - and I don't see an end to that until this season- heh - or until Disney decides its a shitty game to broadcast on national TV in prime-time. Then and only then will just the people in the stands get to walk away from it by the third quarter....... usually only 60K by that time instead of the national M fan base in the millions that stay tuned in to their TVs because there's nothing better on.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• ]I think Hoke would win with the talent that Saban recruits. I dunno if he could beat Clemson with them, but then Nick hasn't been batting 1.000 on that statistic either. So that's a wash.

There is no resemblance of competitiveness in M vs osu anymore. Everybody and their 2nd cousin knows what the outcome is long before it happens. It is indeed yet another soft spot on osu's schedule every year, and their schedule us usually pretty soft to begin with. As Jeff said, Manuel and Harbaugh are content to let osu cruise thru the Big Ten East, and into the BTC game and onward to the playoffs. No skin off their noses.

I have resigned myself to the premise that if they don't care, I shouldn't care either. And I don't. I find other things to do on M v osu game days.

Comment

• Besides, obviously recruiting I don’t think Hoke is as good of an administrator as Saban. I also don’t think that Hoke is as good at setting a standard and holding players to it long term.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Comment

• So your point is Hoke is an idiot?

How long did it take you to come to that conclusion?

Comment

• Sorry, that video in a longtime favorite. I think it was made in Hoke's first or second year.

Comment

• Have a nice summer

Comment

• Don't think we mentioned it but OSU did announce students will be on campus in the fall. Hasn't quite made up its mind about football, but I think it'll be played. They're just trying to figure out how many season ticket holders they may have to piss off.

Comment

• In some disappointing news, JC Latham, who I think is the best OT recruit out there, is going to end up at UAT. He was all OSU before Covid and, IMO, would have ended up at OSU if he was able to make his scheduled visit (same re Jordan Hancock). Oh well. It's a definite blow. Looks like Froot was probably right about Ryan Day being unable to recruit.

Comment

Working...
                                X