Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a definite "Da U" vibe to that program. Unfortunately, Briles knows what he's doing so they're not going away. Sooner or later (like Oregon) they'll breakthrough and get into the CFP.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The Big House - started with Keith Jackson (to go back in history) spare me. Im guessing there are no shirts in Columbus (?) Shoe Football. I have to apologize for posting this in Talents thread. There is no way you should understand this in ohio.

Comment

• You can put anything on a fucking T-shirt.

Unless you're some sort of flat-earth denier, M copied the Yale Bowl and Ohio State copied Harvard. Each obviously outdid their predecessor, but facts are fucking facts. Though, this is a M forum, so umm....

Comment

• Ive been to Yale, it is pretty cool.
          "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• OFacts are facts, nobody give a flyling fuck about Yale Football - yes ? No?

Nice fine on the shirt though, lol - is that worn at games and around Columbus?

Does osu promote that? Like this?

I could post a lot more, but lazy... examples

Foreword by JIM HARBAUGH!!

Comment

• To finish this nonsense, I never said it wasn't M that made that hole in the ground famous nor did I assert it wasn't OSU that made the Horseshoe design famous. Both just copied the design from the Ivy League. Though, to be fair, a giant hole isn't much of a "design." I also think it interesting that the OSU-M rivalry parallels the Harvard-Yale game to some extent with Yale still holding the overall series lead despite Harvard's recent total domination.

Comment

• Preliminary visitor list below. The one that really matters is Antwuan Jackson. They need a DT and Jackson is their best shot. Lawrence would be phenomenal and it's nice that he's visiting, but, umm, no. I think Okudah and Lamont Wade are the 2 other most significant visitors because they're so good. It's cool that Hayes is coming back, but, eh, whatever. And Nigel Warrior and Demetrius Robinson are both really good, but, again, are you a DT?

2016 ATH Brandon Burton - Gardena (Calif.) Junipero Serra - OFFICIAL
                2016 S Myles Dorn - Charlotte (N.C.) Vance - OFFICIAL
                2016 DT Antwuan Jackson - Ellenwood (Ga.) Cedar Grove - OFFICIAL
                2016 DT Dexter Lawrence - Wake Forest (N.C.) - OFFICIAL
                2016 ATH Demetris Robertson - Savannah (Ga.) Christian - OFFICIAL
                2016 S Nigel Warrior - Suwanee (Ga.) Peachtree Ridge - OFFICIAL
                2016 OLB Daelin Hayes - Orchard Lake (Mich.) St. Mary's - OFFER
                2017 WR Jaylen Harris - Cleveland Heights (Ohio) - OFFER
                2017 WR Keyshawn Johnson Jr. - Calabasas (Calif.) - OFFER
                2017 LB Santino Marchiol - Englewood (Colo.) Cherry Creek - OFFER
                2017 OT Jordan McNair - Owing Mills (Md.) McDonogh - OFFER
                2017 S Jeffrey Okudah - South Grand Prairie (Texas) - OFFER
                2017 CB Lamont Wade - Clariton (Pa.) - OFFER
                2018 ATH Jaelen Gill - Westerville (Ohio) South - OFFER
                2017 ATH Jaymest Williams - Georgia
                2017 DE Corey Malone-Hatcher

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  To finish this nonsense, I never said it wasn't M that made that hole in the ground famous nor did I assert it wasn't OSU that made the Horseshoe design famous. Both just copied the design from the Ivy League.
                  And the Ivy League copied the Romans.
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Yeah, man. The Romans were boss in so many fields. Good peeps to copy!

Comment

• OMG WE ARE ROME! Everybody run!

Comment

• A quick detour from the greatness of the Romans, I'll reiterate that the one visit that's very encouraging is Okudah's. His second trip to Columbus on his own dime and he's said OSU is his clear leader. They actually land him they could have the following in the 247 Overall Composite for 2017:

2. Josh Myers
                        9. Trevon Grimes
                        10. Jeffrey Okudah
                        11. Shaun Wade
                        24. Richard LeCounte
                        30. Isaiah Pryor

Those are just current verbals or kids OSU has a big lead for at the moment. However, as is always the case with recruiting, things can and almost certainly will change.
                        Last edited by iam416; November 18, 2015, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          .......Both just copied the design from the Ivy League. Though, to be fair, a giant hole isn't much of a "design."
                          I have always considered The Shoe an architectural disaster resembling some of the great stone gray architectural designs found in the later years of Stalinist Russia.

I learned that its appearance is due to the architect's careful planning that placed it in the flood plane of the Oletangy necessitating the high gray stone walls upon which the stadium is built. I don't think the stadium has ever flooded so, good job, that.

Fact checking, the Shoe opened its doors for the first M/osu football game on 10/21/1922 and promptly lost to the Wolverines 19-0. Michigan continued its dominance in the Shoe in '22, '24' and '26, with the bucs finally getting their first home win in the Shoe in 1928.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Fact checking, the Shoe opened its doors for the first M/osu football game on 10/21/1922 and promptly lost to the Wolverines 19-0
                            Michigan was the dedication game. Ohio Wesleyan was the first game. I have programs from the entire 1922 home schedule as part of my OSU collection. Love them.

But, yes, the post-Harley 1920s weren't a great era for the Buckeyes. Neither were their pre-Great War days when M dominated the series. That said, OSU still has the highest winning percentage in all of CFB since 1898, so they made up for it. They've sort of been hellaciously good since Woody was hired.

And, of course, they're doing ok in the 2000s. But, yes, 1922 wasn't a good season.

Comment

• I like these programs. Both show the stadiums a bit -- certainly the Horseshoe's most prominent feature is the tower at either end of the horseshoe. And they both show the stadiums in their original state sans the significant renovations that have occurred. Anyway, the 1922 program ... a good program, but not my favorite:

And the 1927 M program...

As far as M programs go, these are my two favorite -- I like watercolor of the rotunda in the 1924 cover and then the 1938 cover I just like:

Comment

Working...
                              X