Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps someone can clarify, but as I understand the 'Vest didn't lie to the NCAA, only to his own institution. This may provide an out for the NCAA from any Dez comparisons.

I am not sure who looks worse the 'Vest or Gee for his idiotic statement of support.

Comment

• But I'm not sure my heart will be in it much like talent's wasn't in it for the repeated beatings the bucks delivered on M over the last decade.
      Not buying that Jeff. I have been ridiculed too many times by family and friends over the years. Yes, even in Canada!

Comment

• can the NCAA release all 2011 O-state signees from their LOI's because their coach is a slime-mold?

Comment

• Originally posted by geo weidl View Post
          I have been reading posts that refer to the vest as the senator. Well this osu alum refers to the vest as a car salesman.

http://network.yardbarker.com/colleg..._state/4340806
          That at least explains all of Pryor's cars.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
            I don't think anything more will happen. I'm still laughing about the "suspension". The two games are basically exhibition games. Its totally meaningless. Mrs. Tressel could coach OhNo to wins in those games. And the 250G's are basically pocket change that he won't pay a dime of anyway. Some booster will step up and write the check for that one. The vest gets away again.

Its amazing the contrast to how the "practicegate" and "memoribiliagate" are being handled. The NCAA was all over Michigan when the story broke. With OhNo, they haven't said a word.

Comment

• LOL!!
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                Perhaps someone can clarify, but as I understand the 'Vest didn't lie to the NCAA, only to his own institution.
                I don't know, Blue. I was under the impression that when the story first broke in December, Tressell and OSU explicitly told the NCAA that "this was the first we've heard of this".

If that's true, they lied. Or at least Tressell did, and since Gee and Smith have such unwavering support for this good man, they believed him and saw no reason to question him.

Comment

• Obviously the NCAA asked someone from OSU when this broke, wanting to know when they knew of it. Whoever they asked lied...

Remember a cover-up is much, much worse than the acutal deed and if the NCAA finds that people higher up than Tressel knew of this, than that is a textbook loss of institutional control.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                    Obviously the NCAA asked someone from OSU when this broke, wanting to know when they knew of it. Whoever they asked lied...

Remember a cover-up is much, much worse than the acutal deed and if the NCAA finds that people higher up than Tressel knew of this, than that is a textbook loss of institutional control.
                    It's a cover-up, and the pattern goes back a long way. Remember when Antonio Pittman tweeted that players had been getting set up with tattoos since 2001?

Comment

• Especially if Tressel's superiors knew about it as well. That is indeed the dreaded "lack of institutional control", and you're getting into SMU territory with that one.

I'm not predicting the death penalty for OhNo, (although I certainly wouldn't grieve for them) but you don't want the NCAA coming down on your program for "lack of institutional control". That's what they were looking at with Michigan's basketball program, and I was very relieved to hear that we didn't get hammered for that.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Even if Tressel's superiors didn't know, they are in at least as bad as Fab Five/Ed Martin territory, and they deserve the same punishment.

Comment

• Hard to argue otherwise.

Comment

• I read a thread at Rivals that opines conduct such as we have seen with the Tattoo Five goes back as far as MC and was brought to osu by tressel when he came from YSU.

The speculation is that tressel is a lot like the Mafia Don, John Gotti (minus the directed murders, of course) ..... a Christian man (Gotti was a devout Catholic) attractive and personable in public and an absolute criminal behind the scenes. There are suggestions of a large group of tressel mafioso who have been with jt for 20 or more years, arranging for players to be paid in various ways.

The recent disclosure of Mr. Rife and the Tattoo parlor funneling money to players for memorabilia and TPs multiple automobiles along with the disclosure a few years back of a break in to an apartment where osu football players lived, and they then claimed that $3K in cash and a Gucci watch were stolen, are the tip of a huge underworld arrangement to pay tressel's players that has been on going since his YSU days.

The Feds may actually be investigating this, Rife is a key target and jt's allegation that he did not want to disclose a federal investigation as a reason he said nothing in April about the Tattoo Parlor deal points to that ..... as well as jt running scared that Rife was going to finger him in exchange for offers from the DA.

Going back to MoCee, you'll recall after he openly spoke of receiving benefits for playing, he was portrayed as crazy, started carrying weapons allegedly because he feared for his life, got caught up in all kinds of criminal activity and ultimately went to prison. Some are saying he was both threated with his life and set up by the tressel mafia to shut him up. Later, when he was welcomed back to osu to prepare for his NFL comeback, the speculation is that he was bought.

While this all sounds wild and has the potential for a terrific fictional thriller novel, my God, it sure makes sense.
                            Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; March 10, 2011, 01:14 PM.
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Well a mafioso-style organisation is beyond what I'd imagined, but there's no reason to ``speculate'' that Tressel's public face is fundamentally different than his real one, or that he is a person bereft of ethics. I and many others have known this to be true for years. Not in a ``court of law'' sense, but this is otherwise known. It's just been a matter of waiting for someone with the access and ability to connect the dots for all to see.

The weak link was the PR strategy. Jim was ``scared''? LOL. Nobody worth listening to believes that. If there's one thing to respect about that guy it's his fearlessness.

Comment

• It was tressel who said he was "scared" about disclosing the email interchange (in his press conference this week) not anyone else. I think that was nothing more than sweet talking the press.

..... and you are spot on about his fearlessness. I've seen him walk his players down the street to the shoe on game day. Now that I think of it, he had this bevy of troopers around him, he had this long black over-coat on, he looked exactly like a Don.
                                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X