Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• UFM is worse than Nasser and Sandusky combined.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

Comment

• I haven't read anything (yet) that is cause for termination IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post

No, not at all. Its your post -- if only (insert name) ______ had not done something it would be a non-story.

If he didn't do what got him in trouble, he would not be in trouble.

It's a false equivalency. Lying (or being obtuse or misunderstanding the question) to the media is not a crime. And being dishonest with McMurphy means nothing except in the context of a cover-up.
            Last edited by AlabamAlum; August 5, 2018, 01:19 PM.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post

That's not quite a fair representation. The osu situation as it relates to Urban Meyer isn't about a bad marriage with possible domestic violence. It's about lying about having knowledge of abuse, or not reporting/covering up abuse. The Sandusky (pedophilia/molestion) case was worse, but if Meyer, or anyone else, was guilty of turning a blind eye or covering up a case of domestic violence they should be fired.
              Okay. I thought that was understood. I have typed a lot on this. I will amend my statement:

One was pedophilia/molestation and one was a bad marriage with possible domestic violence (and whether Urban lied to cover up that he had coerced police and the prosecutor to not pursue prosecution and Courtney to drop charges).
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• misunderstanding the question
                Waffling

You just said

Without Urban's lying

Its one or the other he lied or he misunderstood, ugh never mind....

Comment

• He lied or misunderstood the question. Whatever he did is NOT in the ballpark of what Sandusky did to Children. Comparison's to it are silly. It's silly to make a comparison. iIt's a variant of Godwin's Law in action.

Comment

• Your just not understanding my point at all. You said 'Without Urban's lying' the point is he lied. If a guy robbed a bank - I could say - Without robbing the bank the robber never would be in trouble.

Comment

• AA What if James Brown didn't feel good? What if Journey stopped believing? What if the devil never went down to Georgia?

Comment

Comment

• Comment

• Truth.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• If everyone in the world knew, I don't understand why there was the need to deny anything and say,"I don't know why someone would make up a story like that." I think a lie by definition is an attempt to cover up. So one naturally wonders what more there is to the story and who was involved. This is being characterized now as, "He lied to the media." The question is why? That's why this is still a story. We'll see how it plays out. I think either some staffer in the athletic department is let go, or no one is let go. Urban is safe. It will be interesting to see if we hear from Gene Smith in the next few days.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Via an amazing coincidence, Project Veritas came out with an anti Urban video the day after his suspension was announced.

Looks like a coordinated hit.

Comment

Working...
                                X