Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, we've seen this before. I believe after the Iowa loss in a somewhat similar fashion to Purdue, meyer circled the wagons and went undefeated from there. Forgive if I've got the facts wrong but there is a point here. It could happen this year.

I do agree with you though that things are a bit different in 2018. There are some significant issues that relate to meyer's fundamental offensive philosophy being disrupted by things - things, IMO, that he could have predicted and does not appear to be as well prepared to fix those things as he might have been after the Iowa loss.

osu has to be able to run the ball and it can't, at least not consistently. That Haskins isn't a run threat is a big deal given that osu's backs in combo with poor OL play aren't producing. If osu has to punt (it happens to every team) or turns the ball over (that also happens randomly to every team) he can't rely on his defense or his punter to put up a stop and flip the field. These two things have been essential to the success of osu football for decades and moreso under meyer given his zone read, IZ/OZ power schemes he employs.

Do I have empathy? Yes, Sympathy, Fuck no. I'm hoping M goes to c-bus and just plows osu into dust. If M was traveling there next Saturday, I'd say the chances would be good for that to happen. osu is down, big time. M is ascending and playing with confidence. The problem is meyer is a great football coach. He'll pull a rabbit out of his hat and The Game will be as challenging as it always is to get a M win and has been for, oh, what the last 12 years?
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 21, 2018, 01:32 PM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Ohio st tumbles to #11 AP #9 coaches - I honestly don't remember when Michigan was ranked higher (2011?) than the Buckeyes (Urban Meyer ever)

Comment

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And OSU is way overrated.

Comment

• Go take a bike ride ..... find that 70 year old who beats the shit out of you on a bike and get on with it. It will make you feel better. Guaranteed.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• 2016 ah yes for 3 weeks until the Iowa loss

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Funny with zone read being such a big part of the Michigan offense this year, while not part of the Ohio State arsenal. There's a lesson in there somewhere.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Tom Brady disagrees.

Comment

• He thinks Haskins is to blame? Interesting.

Comment

• OSU gets a wakeup call every year before Michigan. In 2015 it was MSU. Last year it was Iowa.

Also -- we suck at scoring points on the road. In no small part because of Shea's occasional tendency to take drive killing sacks and his inability to move the chains on passing downs. The stat that Joel Klatt kept on harping about how we are the worst in the country at converting 3rd and long is one of the reasons why we have so many medium length drives that result in no points.

Comment

• Man, Urban looks terrible. The stress must be getting to him:

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Last edited by Rocky Bleier; October 21, 2018, 08:21 PM.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Here he is when he was hired 7 years ago:

?
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X