Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urbs teaching ethics...
    hqdefault.jpg
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• A fine opportunity for students at a fine University. Win-win.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Man, I'd sign up for that class in a heartbeat if I were in Business School at OSU.

Jim Tressel used to teach a class that was, I think, "Coaching Football" or something. It was impossible to get in, but somehow my brother managed to get in for his final quarter/semester (I forget when they switched). He said it was fucking awesome.

As an elective, that would have been way better than the bullshit History of Far Eastern Art nonsense I took. You seen one fucking buddha you seen them all. Teach me about the value of the punt!

Comment

• Urbs teaching ethics would be like Osborne teaching a Steroid Testing Class...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• When are you finally going to commence your role as Forum Harlequin? For the love of fuck, when????

Comment

• I don't read those fucking romance novels dumbass...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• But its not for lack of trying

Comment

• AcademicFlamboyantAdmiralbutterfly-size_restricted.gif
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Plaxico Burris just announced hes going to teach gun safety at Michigan St

Comment

• 2020 WR Gee Scott will officially verbal to OSU on Christmas. God bless. Top 100 kid from Washington. With Ryan Day and Justin Fields (fingers crossed), the 2920 WR class could be stupid. And good WRs can be an issue for even the best defenses.

Comment

• They won't miss a beat with Day, they might even improve.

Comment

• I think Ryan Day knows offense and knows QBs. I think Haskins is a great Poster Boy for what he can do. He's done really well with QBs and WRs so far. I also think Brian Hartline as WR Coach is the real deal and will be a great recruiter -- a very big silver lining to the entire trumped up ZS nonsense.

I think LJS can recruit any DL anywhere. I think Schiano is a great recruiter, too. But, they're both going to be slightly hampered by questions about OSU's performance in 2018. I think DBs and LBs are an open question in both terms of recruiting and coaching.

The OL recruiting this year has been really bad. I'm not sure what type of recruiter or coach Studrawa is. They can't keep missing at OL. Absolutely can't. OL (and DBs) for the 2020 class are mission critical. Schiano has already pitched in for 2020 by getting Wypler from Jersey -- who is only onboard because of him. They have Paris Johnson, for now, but Johnson LOVED UFM. They're going to have to re-recruit him a little bit, but I think UFM staying with OSU and, in general, his preference for OSU will save the day. But, they still need at least 2 more legitimate, real ass OL.

The lithmus test for me is whether Day can hold onto the DC kids. They had Sherman and Jarret (two 5* kids) in the bag. They're absolute studs. Sherman, in particular. Day and whoever the appropriate assistant is has to close the deal with those two (they have also have a DT from the same school they can get if they want). It's not mission critical to the team in terms of need, but it very well may be in terms of whether Day can get these types of kids going forward.

The 2019 class is acceptable if it's sandwiched between great classes. OSU was probably looking at another class with something on the order of 8-10 top 50 players for 2020. Maybe more. Day has to put together something in that ballpark if he wants to keep OSU from slipping too far. Fortunately, he has the monster 2017 and 2018 classes to work with and, ideally, show what he can do as a coach. If Ohio State carries on in 2019 then I think things falls into place. But, right now Ryan Day is a roadie, not a rock star.
                          Last edited by iam416; December 22, 2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Yikes, trouble in Days paradise already? Fields

Comment

• Directed at whom?
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

Working...
                                X