Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not something i want to visualize, I heard there are products that can help with that Talent

Comment

• What's the basis of Justin Field's waiver request?

Patterson had a pretty strong case for his waiver. There's nothing like Shea's situation going on with Smart/UGA that I know of. Shea's case, however, did prompt some changes in transfer rules at the NCAA level. I don't know the nitty gritty of them though. In actuality, Patterson withdrew his case and was granted a waiver on the basis of the new NCAA transfer rules.
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Fields is playing the race card. Apparently a Georgia baseball player called him the "n word". I believe action was taken that you might expect. But, in any event, Fields doesn't feel safe or welcome any more at Georgia. It's a tragic situation of a young man unable to pursue his love at the school of his dreams. On this day, especially, it's particularly poignant as we white folks should take time and think about the trials and struggles of all non-white-males in the cruel, vicious world of the Lily Patriarchy. I can't imagine the NCAA further racial discord by denying Fields' request for physical safety and spiritual well-being. If they did then Indiana hasn't changed a lick since the days the Klan marched unchecked by the hundreds of thousands.

Fields is fighting for a much bigger cause than mere football. Let freedom ring.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Great move. Perfect timing.

Slam dunk he's cleared to play.

I was really looking forward to the monumental QB battle between Tate Martell and Matthew Baldwin.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Heh. The games kids have to play to transfer without sitting out.

Comment

• Always fun on holidays with Sparty relatives...

What an embarrassment vs osu I couldn't stop laughing --- Me - I agree

You guys would get blown out by Alabama - Me --- I agree

You guys are lucky you beat NW - Me --- Maybe

All you M fans bitching about playing 3 rivals, just beat them and quit crying --- Me - I agree

Jim Harbaugh is so overrating, I cant wait till Florida kicks Michigan's ass --- Me - Maybe

You guys would get blown out by Alabama - Me --- I agree

Hell, even Georgia and Clemson would kick your ass --- Me - I agree

Why do Michigan fans (not you) think your so great anyweay, like your better than anyone? Me --- long Story

Well at least WE made the playoffs - Me --- Yes you did

You guys would get blown out by Alabama - Me --- I Agree

Four years with Harbaugh and you cant even win the B10 -- Me - Yes

Me --- how did your school do, beside score an A+ in covering up rapes?

Brother In Law - I have to go help with the ham now....

Comment

• With TCU winning the ugliest bowl game in recent memory, Ohio State OoC opponents are now 2-0 in bowl games! And the Goofer won, too!

Comment

• the way my bowl season picks are going I should thank god for stopping boston college from beating boise or at least covering

Comment

• Good first half. Could have been better. Honestly, Washington is not in our class, but could still pull out a win with a few dumb mistakes. Got to hold on

Comment

• Washington was averaging 303 yards given up on defense a game. We almost had that in the first half.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        With TCU winning the ugliest bowl game in recent memory, Ohio State OoC opponents are now 2-0 in bowl games! And the Goofer won, too!
                        All I can think of is how in Holy hell could OSU have lost the way they did to Purdue. Should be in the Play - Offs again if they beat them.

Comment

• Offense stunk for most of the second half. Hope to God that wasn't Ryan Day calling those drives.

Urban goes out 86-9. Hell of a run.

Comment

• So concludes the most successful 7 years of Ohio State football I'll ever see. Probably should have eked out another national title somewhere along the way, but it was still a good run.

Now it's Ryan Day's team. My sense is that he'll be pretty good and pretty good at a program like Ohio State is enough to be a solid top 10 team. Being elite, though, is harder. I think he can get the offense there. First priority is making the OL a CFP-caliber unit. I'm way less sure about defense. He needs to sort out the Schiano/Grinch situation, and my guess is he goes with Schiano.

He's brought in Yurcich from Okie State to work with QBs and be the "passing game coordinator". Hopefully that gives Wilson some more time to work with the OL or they find themselves an OL coach that can at least recruit -- their misses at OL over the past 2 years have been hugely disappointing.

I think they're fine with Tate Martell/Matt Baldwin at QB, but I think Justin Fields + waiver is an upgrade.

Recruiting will be the real challenge. Almost impossible to match UFM. I think Day will do really well with offensive skill players. The rest? Well, LJS is damn good with DL. And then? I dunno. The 2020 class is a huge litmus test for the staff.

Anyway, it'll be fun to follow, though I'd rather follow UFM. And we have the added benefit of a competitive basketball team that is on the definite upswing program-wise. OSU isn't exactly the basketball school that M is, but Holtmann is doing a nice job.

Comment

• What style offense do you think Day will run? Will he run more spread concepts out of these 11,10,01, 02, 00 personnel packages or stick with power concepts out of the 12 and up formations (my reference point is below)? Or will he mix them up?

Mullen ran at least two 00 formation plays v. Michigan where he had 5 receivers, one inside the red zone. There may have been more. M was in zone for the one I paid attention to where the ball was at the 40 and the LOS was pretty much right in front of me. I remember it not going well for Florida.

I've posted elsewhere that I think it's it's hard, given practice time limits, to run both power concepts out of the 21-23s and spread concepts out of the 11's and all. Receiver routes, QB reads and OL blocking techniques vary quite a bit, as I have read about them, between these two concepts. I've seen Clemson do both and I think Alabama has some of this, maybe not 5 wides but both those offenses are pretty balanced run/pass play selection our of both power and spread formations.

Clearly Harbaugh favors the 21-23's. I can't explain why the passing game seems so limited out of these as there are plenty of pass plays to be run out of them. I think his offense is fine if he'd throw more and integrate a competent RPO game into what he does now. He's got the player skill sets to do it. I don't think we'll see him going to spread concepts, certainly not as a base and maybe not even as limited packages. What's your take on improving M's offense? ..... and yes, like you and osu, I feel like M's OL limited what Harbaguh thought he could do so, OL needs improvement.

Offensive-Personnel-Packages.jpg

Comment

• Sixteen years ago today...how time flies...most unbelievable OSU season I'll ever live through...Thank you, Coach Tressel!

Jan 3, 2003. Ohio State defeats the Hurricanes 31-24 in double overtime to win the National Championship. This broadcast is from ABC.

Comment

Working...
                                X