Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, that might explain a few things re Washington's departure. And, yep, he fits right in with osu's culture. Heh...... and, yeah, recruiting is cut-throat.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Promising a spot to a player's friend? I guess that's consistent with HARBAUGH!!!! promising jobs on his staff to players' friends and families.

In any event, LOL.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yes, JH has a history of that. Bush Sr. for example. I think the suggested issue in that subsequently deleted mgo post is that Washington did it without his bosses knowing. Rogue activity so to speak. Harrison/his family were likely told if they asked GMatt or JH that no such arrangement was in the offing. Washington was probably then in hot water. So, the door is over there, Al. It's possible that GMatt stood up for Washington's action and was therefore not renewed. There's lots of speculation that Mattison's move to osu was a fuck you move. Al Washington is a good get for day. They might have been a package deal. Anyway, I love the off season intrigue.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Promising a spot to a friend isn't cheating, mogoblog go figure.

Comment

• The optics of this are bad re the Harrison recruitment and the Mattison/Washington move, but hard to believe it's more than just optics.

Comment

• Depends on how much tinfoil you have.

Comment

• Well I am certainly a person who believes in having an appropriate amount that is greater than zero.

Comment

• Hammer a team for 15 straight years + score the most points in a game vs their defense, then steal their defensive coaches. lol What do WE have to lose?

Comment

• Holtmann's worst loss at OSU? Wow. Hangover game for sure

Comment

• Well, given that he's halfway through his 2nd season, yes. The upside is that it's just basketball and this team isn't championship caliber in any way. So, meh. Losing to Rutgers at football would be disastrous. Eye on the ball, Strangelove!

Comment

• I think the expression is meant to indicate a loss that comes after a big win. Not after another loss.

Comment

• Matta left behind some big time holes. You guys had Andrew Dakich getting significant minutes last year and you still made the tourney as a 5 seed.

Comment

• I think the expression is meant to indicate a loss that comes after a big win. Not after another loss.
                            I think that's right. I would, e..g., never say M had a letdown against Florida. I'd just say they weren't anywhere near as talented or well-coached and the results were just.

Comment

• Matta left behind some big time holes. You guys had Andrew Dakich getting significant minutes last year and you still made the tourney as a 5 seed.
                              For sure. I love Holtmann. LOVE him. He's a great hire and the program is absolutely moving in the right direction, and rapidly so. But, for this season they are so, so limited in the frontcourt with, literally, a rotation of 2, and the backcourt is way too inconsistent. Last year KBD bailed them out and Tate gave them added frontcourt depth. They already exceeded my non-conference expectations. If they can scratch out 10-10 in conference, then they should be a 6/7 given the strength of the B10. I'll take that all day, for now.

They should continue to improve as Holtmann remakes his program. And he'll get time to do it. Like Beilein. Of course, JB didn't need much time. As I recall, he was fantastic in his first 3 or 4 years.

Comment

• LOL, very well done. You're right. I'm glad it was Florida at least, and not Rutgers.

I'm glad that Tate didn't cause us more pain over the course of his four years. He was precisely the kind of college player that can leave a lasting mark by doing the same thing over and over that looks easy to stop and should be (box out you idiots) but somehow isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X